You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

On 08/11/2021 at 20:30, Arniepie said:

I quite like likes of Kevin Maguire and Brian reade on the mirror and whilst they constantly call out this shower,they often refer to the electorate being conned.

We werent conned,we have an incompetent lying,callous,corrupt buffoon in no 10 because that's what millions of people wanted.

This is completely on them.

Their house prices are increasing, they don't care.

Gentocratic demographics, asset accumulation in older age groups, the propensity of those groups to go to the poles and the geographical spread of said demography means that the Conservatives won't be in a minority until the 2030's. The best the opposition parties can do is a coalition in a hung parliament with a tiny minority. The Consevatives know this, last week was a push to see how much more embezzlement and kleptocracy they can get away with.

41 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Their house prices are increasing, they don't care.

Gentocratic demographics, asset accumulation in older age groups, the propensity of those groups to go to the poles and the geographical spread of said demography means that the Conservatives won't be in a minority until the 2030's. The best the opposition parties can do is a coalition in a hung parliament with a tiny minority. The Consevatives know this, last week was a push to see how much more embezzlement and kleptocracy they can get away with.

It's not even lifelong Tories voting for them

I remember them doing a vox pox in the northeast somewhere before the election and a good 90%of them said they would vote tory.

7 hours ago, Arniepie said:

It's not even lifelong Tories voting for them

I remember them doing a vox pox in the northeast somewhere before the election and a good 90%of them said they would vote tory.

I often think with vox pops which are almost universally conducted during the working day you are going to end up with a lot of Conservative leaning voices. Labour would have won significant majorities in the last two elections had the vote been constricted to the working age population. The Consevatives base are retirees who own their own homes and consume traditional media, in the past this normally would have constituted a small percentage of the population, but because of the post war baby booms there are absolutely loads of them. They are often the people out shopping in town centers when vox pops are undertaken, alongside a lot of people who are politically disengaged (in part because of a perceived lack of stake in society).

The big issue facing Labour and the other non-right wing parties is that the Conservative base are well spread through all constituencies, while their natural voters are concentrated in pockets in major urban conurbations, due to the nature of work in the UK and our economic set-up.

While I think Keir Strarmer and his team are doing a bad job, in a way it doesn't matter. Labour could have a charismatic mixture of Jurgen Klopp, Jorge Gaitan, early Juan Peron and Gamal Nasser leading them and they would still not be able to win a majority.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

I often think with vox pops which are almost universally conducted during the working day you are going to end up with a lot of Conservative leaning voices. Labour would have won significant majorities in the last two elections had the vote been constricted to the working age population. The Consevatives base are retirees who own their own homes and consume traditional media, in the past this normally would have constituted a small percentage of the population, but because of the post war baby booms there are absolutely loads of them. They are often the people out shopping in town centers when vox pops are undertaken, alongside a lot of people who are politically disengaged (in part because of a perceived lack of stake in society).

The big issue facing Labour and the other non-right wing parties is that the Conservative base are well spread through all constituencies, while their natural voters are concentrated in pockets in major urban conurbations, due to the nature of work in the UK and our economic set-up.

While I think Keir Strarmer and his team are doing a bad job, in a way it doesn't matter. Labour could have a charismatic mixture of Jurgen Klopp, Jorge Gaitan, early Juan Peron and Gamal Nasser leading them and they would still not be able to win a majority.

Without a doubt labour are playing with the dice loaded against them however I think Brexit has been a game changer.

The tories have also managed to convince millions of people that a callous,immoral old Etonanian has their best interests at heart.

No mean feat.

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Without a doubt labour are playing with the dice loaded against them however I think Brexit has been a game changer.

The tories have also managed to convince millions of people that a callous,immoral old Etonanian has their best interests at heart.

No mean feat.

I mean, it's only happened ninteen times previously so you'd expect us to be blindsided by such novel cunning...

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

No mean feat.

True but the Labour Party has convinced the country that it has transsexuals and Polish Au pairs at its heart which is also no mean feat. 

Latest poll puts the Tory party back in the lead.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I mean, it's only happened ninteen times previously so you'd expect us to be blindsided by such novel cunning...

There have always been working class tories but the loss of so many northern 'safe 'labour seats was surely something new and seemed to take many people by surprise 

It’s a wonder Cox can afford food, the poor destitute bastard.

Sir Geoffrey Cox rakes in a fortune renting out a taxpayer-funded London home while claiming £1,900 a month for a second in the capital.

The Tory, already accused of using his Commons office to carry out a second job, even claimed £3,800 for his new place while working overseas. But astonishingly he has broken no Commons rules.

This is just a glorious attempt at bending the narrative to their will...

Paul Scully, buisness minister.

'What I’m saying is that it tends to erode trust in politicians in general, ultimately. So what seems like a short term political attack line, if you like, from other parties, tends to just erode the trust in politicians in general.'

Look, guys, stop pointing out all the bad stuff we're doing or people won't trust the very same people that they should, rightly, be wary of and lose faith in our ability to conceal our shady doing and that'll be on you for pointing it out so you're to blame for the public losing trust, not us, you got that?

It's wonderful fuzzy logic and truly reminiscent of our times.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is just a glorious attempt at bending the narrative to their will...

Paul Scully, buisness minister.

'What I’m saying is that it tends to erode trust in politicians in general, ultimately. So what seems like a short term political attack line, if you like, from other parties, tends to just erode the trust in politicians in general.'

Look, guys, stop pointing out all the bad stuff we're doing or people won't trust the very same people that they should, rightly, be wary of and lose faith in our ability to conceal our shady doing and that'll be on you for pointing it out so you're to blame for the public losing trust, not us, you got that?

It's wonderful fuzzy logic and truly reminiscent of our times.

It's political point scoring to point out tory sleaze didn't you know? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's political point scoring to point out tory sleaze didn't you know? 

Yes, I agree, we should allow them to get back to working on the global Britains local 'peoples priorities' and building back a better brexit and getting covid levelled up. 

Can't believe I was so impertinent as to think about holding them to account, shameful on my part really.