Jump to content
Bjornebye

Tory Cabinet Thread

Recommended Posts

Haven't they done a volte face on the sewage thing today. It's difficult to know what to pack for trip to the beach these days. Speedos or full hazmat is such a dilemma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Blackford asks about the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. The next question is a Tory MP who says it's national cheese toastie day. Twitter is alight with people pointing out the groans from the tories when Blackford stood up. 

 

FUCK THE RIGHT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ian Blackford asks about the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. The next question is a Tory MP who says it's national cheese toastie day. Twitter is alight with people pointing out the groans from the tories when Blackford stood up. 

 

FUCK THE RIGHT

 

 

I know Tories are cunts but I do love a cheese toastie....Used to live on cheese and ham one's when I've been on lads weekends to Amsterdam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Will Ed be partaking in National Cheese Toastie Day? Considering his track record with sandwiches.

 

 

To be fair to Ed he drew the line when it came to the shit sandwich that was austerity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

To be fair to Ed he drew the line when it came to the shit sandwich that was austerity 

 

Apart from being Secretary of State for Energy in the government that started austerity, you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Apart from being Secretary of State for Energy in the Cabinet that started austerity, you mean.

So they were in power from 2010, guess I must have missed that

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

So they were in power from 2010, guess I must have missed that

 

What you missed was that the first austerity measures were introduced in late 2008, and you apparently also missed Alistair Darling's March 2010 budget, when he promised the Labour government would "cut deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher, with the IFS pointing out that there was only a "modest difference" between the spending plans of Labour and the Tories.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-margaret-thatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

What you missed was that the first austerity measures were introduced in late 2008, and you apparently also missed Alistair Darling's March 2010 budget, when he promised the Labour government would "cut deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher, with the IFS pointing out that there was only a "modest difference" between the spending plans of Labour and the Tories.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-margaret-thatcher

I've no doubt Labour did plan to cut further in 2010 but the fact remains the Lib Dems were the party in coalition and even when seeing the damage polices like the bedroom tax were inflicting on people they ploughed on regardless.

Polices that shrunk the economy by £100b  and were linked to over 120,000 preventable deaths

The Lib Dems voluntarily chose the partnership and as such were a reason that every Tory cut was passed. 

 

But at least we now pay 5p for a plastic bag so every silver lining 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Didn’t that budget basically nail the coffin for Labour at that years GE? I think I remember Darling getting loads of shit at the time. 

Ultimately Labour's downfall was to apparently leave the coffers dry....Even though it was a global financial crash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I've no doubt Labour did plan to cut further in 2010

 

Good. So we can stop pretending that Ed Miliband, or any other Labour politician, wouldn't have been on board with the huge spending cuts we made in this country if it was them who happened to be sitting in the chair when the music stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Oh look. The Tory Cabinet thread has changed into a discussion about Labour. What a completely unexpected surprise... 

 

Not really a surprise since you started talking about Starmer

 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

No Starmer for PMQs or the budget response as he's tested positive for Covid. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's inevitable that discussion centred on one of the establishment parties will occasionally veer onto the other establishment party. Quite different from, for instance, people trying to constantly drive multiple topics onto their pet causes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Roll up for the great smoke and mirrors show!

 

 

 

Ooof, that's quite the rebute to anything that comes out of both sides of the snakes mouth today.

 

 

Also, is he really that fucking short???

 

6003.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

How come we don't see opposition or the media point out the bullshit succinctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How come we don't see opposition or the media point out the bullshit succinctly. 

Well the media's pretty obvious, it's largely Tory-supporting and there's no way they'd expose the myth of Tory economic competency. And at the moment, the opposition are a bunch of supine wankers more interested in internal party power struggles than opposing the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Well the media's pretty obvious, it's largely Tory-supporting and there's no way they'd expose the myth of Tory economic competency. And at the moment, the opposition are a bunch of supine wankers more interested in internal party power struggles than opposing the government.

In one.

The way starmer has let that fucking clown blunder from 1 disaster to another whilst people suffer is,quite frankly,unforgivable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×