You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Hopefully like this. I’d be interested in the ‘balance’ you need. ‘Now let’s hear from the people who think he deserved it because he was a Tory’ 

Who said "he deserved it" ?

Far worse than Rayner's "scum" comment was James Gray's who said a bomb should be planted in Annelise Dodd's office which was quickly forgotten about by the media.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Hopefully like this. I’d be interested in the ‘balance’ you need. ‘Now let’s hear from the people who think he deserved it because he was a Tory’ 

Right..so many newspapers are running with the ..he deserved it he is a Tory angke again?

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Who said "he deserved it" ?

Far worse than Rayner's "scum" comment was James Gray's who said a bomb should be planted in Annelise Dodd's office which was quickly forgotten about by the media.

Whataboutery 

But definitely a fucking stupid and horrible comment. For which he apologised and therefore stopped the story dead.  Now if someone does bomb her office it’s alive again, but until then.  

If this does happen to be a pissed off constituent then shouldn't people focus on the reasons he has actually done it and not blame an opposition MP for calling them scum? Typical tory deflection, zero accountability for a fucking thing just blame the other side. "I stabbed him because he has broken promises, his parties actions have left me on the bread-line and I can't support my family" "Oh my god he IS a lefty Rayner supporter! Burn her!" 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Whataboutery 

But definitely a fucking stupid and horrible comment. For which he apologised and therefore stopped the story dead.  Now if someone does bomb her office it’s alive again, but until then.  

It was a fucking disgusting comment to encourage and suggest to individuals to go out and put a bomb in another person's office to kill them. 

We don't know the reasons why this lunatic stabbed this MP but I'm pretty sure calling somebody "scum" doesn't equate to going out and attacking them with a knife.

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

You know what I was going to go really deep on this issue but I can't be arsed feeding the usual trolls.

Glad they've arrested the nutcase, hope the MP is luckier than Jo Cox and survives with no effect to his physical health (it's a given that it will affect his mental health).

Totally agree. Apparently trauma doctors are still working on him at the church 2 hours after the attack. people should tone down the rhetoric a bit in my humble opinion.

30 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Didn't take long for the usual journos and publications to use this poor fellas assult to score points against the left,

I don't want to see Twitter posts copied here.  If I wanted to read this cunt I'd go on Twitter and follow him, whoever the fuck he is. 

Four points:

There is really very little point in watching the news for the next two months. 

At this point all my praying is for the assassin to not be a card-carrying Labour supporter.

This will play into Tory hands of shielding MP's from the public, ie, the people who voted for them. 

This may happen again and again as more and more desperate people reach the end of their ropes and lash out. 

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

It was a fucking disgusting comment to encourage and suggest to individuals to go out and put a bomb in another person's office to kill them. 

We don't know the reasons why this lunatic stabbed this MP but I'm pretty sure calling somebody "scum" doesn't equate to going out and attacking them with a knife.

It was a WhatsApp to a group of MPs. You know that right?  You think he was suggesting to one of the MPs to mail a bomb? 

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Think we wont know the reasons behind it for a while yet.

When jo fox was murdered however it was noticable the narrative was very much focused on 1 crackpot, with very little acknowledgment of other factors.

Yeap, good old British balanced journalism.