You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The bellend Steve Baker has pulled out of the race already and is backing that dimwitted Braverman. 

And some cunt called Kemi Badenoch, who I genuinely don't know is also declared she's running. 

Oh, man, Badenoch is amusingly fucking thick, like a really, really stupid pet.

• Upvote 1

Labour still get two things thrown back at them; the Iraq War and Corbyn. 

I wish Labour would remind people that a greater percentage of Tory MPs voted for war. 

And Corbyn, despite losing, pulled millions of votes. So if he was THAT mad or bad then it's a damning indictment of whatever the Tories were offering. 

Labour need to fight back more, defend their past, and be a bit more street smart.  They also need to be totally straight with the public about how scary things will get economically under the current Tory trajectory.  You WILL get poorer, you might lose your house, the last 12 years have been a warm-up act. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

They also need to be totally straight with the public about how scary things will get economically under the current Tory trajectory.  You WILL get poorer, you might lose your house, the last 12 years have been a warm-up act. 

That’s pretty much relentlessly been the message though. I do find a lot of comments about what Labour should do is often stuff they’ve been doing. 

8 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, man, Badenoch is amusingly fucking thick, like a really, really stupid pet.

I refuse to believe anyone who said these words is thick.

'I'm putting myself forward in this leadership election because I want to tell the truth. It's the truth that will set us free'

20 minutes ago, John102 said:

'I'm putting myself forward in this leadership election because I want to tell the truth. It's the truth that will set us free'

Biblical passage from John i believe. Jesus speaking to Jewish people from a mountain if i am not mistaken. 

The Tories dont half find em.

20 minutes ago, John102 said:

Hmm, thought this shower of shite would have thought work would set us free.

Is this the start of these cunts lurching into religious lunacy like in the US and start demanding abortion bans next and all that shit? Rees mog was at it after the supreme court row v wade saying something like every self respecting Christian would be against abortion. 

We have got to get rid of these cunts, they're all fucking mental. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Sunak registered his campaign company “ready for Rishi” at  Companies House back in December. This information has not gone down well with the members. The Tory party rarely reward the assassin as Heseltine found out with Thatcher. 

Who do you think will end up winning it?

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The bellend Steve Baker has pulled out of the race already and is backing that dimwitted Braverman. 

And some cunt called Kemi Badenoch, who I genuinely don't know is also declared she's running. 

Essex MP. Not sure if the constituency but it includes my mother in law who says she’s useless. 

47 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Who do you think will end up winning it?

Ben Wallace is liked by MPs whereas the members like Liz Truss but the MPs know she’s a female Boris in her personal life.  Mourdaunt could be a surprise choice. My money is on Zahawi versus Wallace being put to the members with Zahawi sneaking it by a tiny majority. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Essex MP. Not sure if the constituency but it includes my mother in law who says she’s useless. 

Well she's won me over - if there's something this country needs now it's referring back to blairism like the last 12 years of corrupt, deceitful, poisonous politics hasn't happened. It's like that bellend Zahawi the day he became chancellor continuously banging on about being on the other side of the argument to Alastair Campbell. I honestly think these Tories are living in a time warp and think they're in opposition in 2002. 

She said:

My vote for Brexit in 2016 was a vote of confidence in our abilities as a sovereign country. We have failed to capitalise on that election winning majority of 2019. Change does not mean reheated versions of 1970s, ’80s or ’90s policies, but a new mission for our age. This requires a smart and nimble centre-right vision that can achieve things despite entrenched opposition from a cultural establishment that will not accept that the world has moved on from Blairism.

On critics of the government’s approach over areas like identity politics, she says it is the “very opposite of our crucial and enduring British values”.

Meanwhile our country is falsely criticised as oppressive to minorities and immoral, because it enforces its own borders. We cannot maintain a cohesive nation state with the zero-sum identity politics we see today.

Exemplified by coercive control, the imposition of views, the shutting down of debate, the end of due process, identity politics is not about tolerance or individual rights but the very opposite of our crucial and enduring British values.

And if we are to see the change we need in this country we need an intellectual framework which recognises that in politics, there is no division between the cultural or economic sphere. It is no surprise the fiercest proclaimers of “social justice” usually believe in the power of government over the people, in the power of the bureaucrat over the individual, and have a distrust of people making their own decisions in the economic sphere just as much as the social.

10 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Ben Wallace is liked by MPs whereas the members like Liz Truss but the MPs know she’s a female Boris in her personal life.  Mourdaunt could be a surprise choice. My money is on Zahawi versus Wallace being put to the members with Zahawi sneaking it by a tiny majority. 

Mourdant a surprise?  I'd read she was pretty much the favourite.

John Baron outside bet.

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

Mourdant a surprise?  I'd read she was pretty much the favourite.

John Baron outside bet.

Between Mourdant and Sunak, with Wallace and Tungenhat running them close I think, maybe Elwood if he decided to run could ruffle some feathers.

The briefings against Sunak will be what swings it, if they hit or miss, as he’s an empty suit who has made mistake after mistake which have been allowed to go under the radar as Johnson was so bad.

My personal preference, thinking of elections, would be Truss as she’s a fucking imbecile.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Between Mourdant and Sunak, with Wallace and Tungenhat running them close I think, maybe Elwood if he decided to run could ruffle some feathers.

The briefings against Sunak will be what swings it, if they hit or miss, as he’s an empty suit who has made mistake after mistake which have been allowed to go under the radar as Johnson was so bad.

My personal preference, thinking of elections, would be Truss as she’s a fucking imbecile.

I'd like hunt, because they'd kill themselves over brexit. 

Here's the latest odds, but I'm not sure what they mean really. 

Screenshot_2022-07-09-09-56-28-23_f666f207d1498f2c718e1851a7523a0d.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-09-09-56-37-96_f666f207d1498f2c718e1851a7523a0d.jpg

It's got to be Mourdant, Wallace or Tugendhat.  I don't think the Tories would be going these lengths to get rid of Johnson only to replace him with someone closely associated.

Though with the Tories they like to choose a bit of an outsider apparently which none of the above are.  Would be interested to see odds on Baron who superficially couldn't be further removed from Johnson. 

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd like hunt, because they'd kill themselves over brexit. 

Here's the latest odds, but I'm not sure what they mean really. 

Screenshot_2022-07-09-09-56-28-23_f666f207d1498f2c718e1851a7523a0d.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-09-09-56-37-96_f666f207d1498f2c718e1851a7523a0d.jpg

I just feel the Sunak love is becuase he's the only one being talked about at the minute and nobody is looking at his actual record.

He fucked up taxes and had to backtrack. His budgets/spending reviews fell apart after about ten minutes to ridicule. Covid loans costing billions which he wrote off without investigation. Small buisness/self employed being fucked over. Raising taxes, apart from banking ones. Eat out and shuffle of this mortal coil. Forgetting to do due dilligence on insurance policies and wasting billions in unnessacery payments. Several poor decisions relating to inflation/cost of living. Fuel duty. Energy prices. Green card status/wife's non dom status. Instas' Rishi cringworthy wealth humble brags and on and on, without mentioning his personal involvement in the markes crashes  where he shorted stocks and made millions/billions for his fund(s). It would take very little for someone malicious to dig up some history on all of the above. 

It was only two days before things started to fall apart that he was writing joint articles with Johnson

He's just a media savvy empty headed banker who has had smoke blown up his arse for far too long.

He is useless on reflection.

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

One of the oddities to me is that the Tories are always considered the racist party, but looking at the respective cabinets you would assume it is Labour with the problem.

You won’t make friends on here saying stuff like that. It’s an awkward fact that up to the resignations this week, the Tory cabinet was the most diverse (ethnicity, gender, religion) senior government team in the entire history of Western Europe. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is this the start of these cunts lurching into religious lunacy like in the US and start demanding abortion bans next and all that shit? Rees mog was at it after the supreme court row v wade saying something like every self respecting Christian would be against abortion. 

We have got to get rid of these cunts, they're all fucking mental. 

Possibly;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nadine-dorries-abortion-time-limit-b2118180.html