You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Lee Anderson has a fucking nerve.

Acting like he's reluctantly had to kill a family member, calling Johnson 'the boss'.

What’s your definition of ‘a good man’, Mr Anderson?

34 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

There's actually a pretty decent documentary on Netflix about flat-earthers.

Contrary to popular belief, they're generally pretty smart people. Similar to some of our own conspiracy nuts - *cough* TK *cough* - they're often folks with reasonable IQs who, for one reason or another, are desperate to have found something others haven't, to validate their otherwise unacknowledged intelligence.

It's like a human reaction to the lack of discoverable wonders within reach - generations too late to find new land, and too early to explore space. So they find a grand conspiracy lying in plain sight, be it flat earth, horse paste or whatever.

If anything, I'd say it's the polar opposite to the vox pop Tories, who go by gut instinct and parrot right-wing mantras rather than do their own research.

I understand your broader point, but anyone who genuinely thinks that the earth is flat has to be a moron. If they are doing it just for the attention and fame, but don't necessarily truly believe it, then i kind of get that. But a genuine belief is just stupid.   

40 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

There's actually a pretty decent documentary on Netflix about flat-earthers.

Contrary to popular belief, they're generally pretty smart people. Similar to some of our own conspiracy nuts - *cough* TK *cough* - they're often folks with reasonable IQs who, for one reason or another, are desperate to have found something others haven't, to validate their otherwise unacknowledged intelligence.

It's like a human reaction to the lack of discoverable wonders within reach - generations too late to find new land, and too early to explore space. So they find a grand conspiracy lying in plain sight, be it flat earth, horse paste or whatever.

If anything, I'd say it's the polar opposite to the vox pop Tories, who go by gut instinct and parrot right-wing mantras rather than do their own research.

If it's the documentary I'm thinking about it doesn't show them to be that bright.

They had their conclusion and set about trying to prove it was true and every time they were proved false they spent more money for more expensive equipment only to prove them more wrong.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

If it's the documentary I'm thinking about it doesn't show them to be that bright.

They had their conclusion and set about trying to prove it was true and every time they were proved false they spent more money for more expensive equipment only to prove them more wrong.

I think it showcases the difference between intelligence and emotional intelligence. They're smart enough to research lasers and do experiments, but don't have the ability to accept the results.

42 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I have seen today, but all he ever seems to say is go out for a cup of tea when people are talking or shouting. The lack of control he has is incredible. 

He’s truly woeful. Inconsistent and shit scared of telling a Tory to actually answer a question.