You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Whilst it is fucking the country I actually hope Johnson refuses to step down. The Tories can not out him, without a rule change, but they will happily condemn and refuse to back him when they know he has no backing.

We praise the Tories for their ability to fall in line, something Labour need to learn from, but I believe the opposite is also true, when they know he has no backing, they will be queuing up to stick the knife in 

Agree with this.

If he goes,they will paint it as a new start.

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Ex-chief whip praises Sunak and Javid for resigning

The man who used to be in charge of Conservative Party discipline in the House of Commons has praised the chancellor and health secretary for quitting Boris Johnson's cabinet.

Former Chief Whip Mark Harper tweeted: "Tonight we have seen leadership from Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid.

"Honourable decisions made by honourable men. The Conservative Party still has so much to offer to our country. It’s time for a fresh start

Hard to tell whether he was saying this seriously, or being sarcastic as with Mark Antony's original use of the term.

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Whilst it is fucking the country I actually hope Johnson refuses to step down. The Tories can not out him, without a rule change, but they will happily condemn and refuse to back him when they know he has no backing.

We praise the Tories for their ability to fall in line, something Labour need to learn from, but I believe the opposite is also true, when they know he has no backing, they will be queuing up to stick the knife in 

I agree with that. 

I hope he continues to bend and break all the 'norms' that were taken as given without a constitution, the very things he/they shat on as they suspended parliament and threw the speaker out to get Brexit 'done', fuck them, fuck ALL the Tories who clapped and lied as newspapers turned on the judiciary, and as that cunt lied repeatedly in the HoC.  Oh he 'should' step down eh?  YOU FUCKING VOTED HIM IN LAST MONTH. 

Call the GE at your peril. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They’re changing their party rules next week so they can bring forward another vote of confidence. He’s a dead man walking. 

I’ve also heard that one before. I’ll believe it when I see it.

9 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’ve also heard that one before. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Its all been drip drip for months.  He will go in the next week or so once its clear the 1922 C are going to change the rules to allow another vote.  They would only do this if they were sure a majority now existed to oust him so I would expect at that point he will resign rather than be humiliated .

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Waiting to see the #BackBoris hashtag appear on twitter at some point. They're a bit slow at this really.

Get it rocking, mate. Identify the cunts. Start making a list dude, we will make a movie that follows us as we travel around the country shitting through their letterboxes. 

• Upvote 1