You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's like the way oppressive states always have Republic and democratic in their title, even when they're neither.

German democratic Republic. 

People's Republic of China.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Lay of the republic bashing. 

Id suggest the country at large is not necessarily aligned to the views of the majority on here;

The person leading this strike is definitely not Nigel Farage, definitely not a bigot and definitely not a racist. Sorry.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/23/mick-lynch-rail-union-bruiser-whos-more-than-a-match-for-the-media

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The bill of rights has indeed got nothing to do with Brexit. Where are the people defending the P&O workers sacked under EU law.. 

If you think your rights were given to and protected by Ursula Vonn der Leyen I'm afraid your going to be disappointed.

Nope. Not got a fucking Scooby what you're on about now.

P.S. 

UK employees of a UK company were sacked from their jobs in UK ports under UK law; fuck all to do with a supranational institution that the UK left two years earlier.

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Them troublesome low earners eh?  If only they'd fuck off and know their place.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pay-rises-for-low-earners-show-brexit-is-working-fbdzkpvkt

I can only see the headline. Is that an opinion piece from a Murdoch paper? Probably not the most reliably impartial source.

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Us and the lowest 20% who had an instant pay rise after Brexit, after 20 years of suffering stagflation.

This is demonstrably untrue. 

The UK left the EU at the end of January 2020. No fucker got an instant pay rise, because before you could say "bong for Britain" the pandemic shut everything down.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is demonstrably untrue. 

The UK left the EU at the end of January 2020. No fucker got an instant pay rise, because before you could say "bong for Britain" the pandemic shut everything down.

Staff shortages and low unemployment did see wage rises across low paid sectors like agriculture/hospitality. Obviously inflation/the cost of living crisis and government policy have now more than wiped those gains out. 

I can give you other links from other publications with plenty of data to prove that claim  rather than the Times but that's for the EU thread and I only mentioned it in response to another poster.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Staff shortages and low unemployment did see wage rises across low paid sectors like agriculture/hospitality. Obviously inflation/the cost of living crisis and government policy have now more than wiped those gains out. 

I can give you other links from other publications with plenty of data to prove that claim  rather than the Times but that's for the EU thread and I only mentioned it in response to another poster.

You said that the lowest-paid 20% got an "instant" post-Brexit pay rise.

That never happened.

The other shambles Esther McVey popped her head above the parapet on Granada News this morning, campaigning for an old bloke to get a medal from WW2 awarded before he turns 100.

Nothing against the bloke getting his medal, but she'd turn up at the opening of an envelope if she thought it would get her back in Bozo's cabinet!

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

The other shambles Esther McVey popped her head above the parapet on Granada News this morning, campaigning for an old bloke to get a medal from WW2 awarded before he turns 100.

Nothing against the bloke getting his medal, but she'd turn up at the opening of an envelope if she thought it would get her back in Bozo's cabinet!

I can't remember exactly what it was but she called Johnson out 'mildly' in PMQ's a few weeks ago from the backbenches. I think she's angling for the new regime. Another horrible woman. 

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't remember exactly what it was but she called Johnson out 'mildly' in PMQ's a few weeks ago from the backbenches. I think she's angling for the new regime. Another horrible woman. 

She'd shag owt to get on in the world, ropey old tart!