You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Agree with your general point 100%, but I think that Paxman has gradually drifted right over the years. I know he describes himself as a one nation tory nowadays, but I'm sure I read he used to support Labour in the Thatcher/Major era...

Weren’t the tories trying to get him to stand as an MP around then? 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Anyone get the impression they’re getting into campaigning mode?

Lots of decisive policies that’ll never get through debate but make good headlines, pension news, British Bill of Rights to placate the bellends, Dacre being elevated so they get an easy ride of it?

Gamble being things are going to get a hell of a lot worse realistically and they have no fucking ideas, so rush a quick election that they could win now and force through all the nasty shit with another five year mandate.

I fucking hope not, any election campaign now will be far worse and nastier than the Brexit campaigns.

I've thought since the no confidence vote that if he was to get hammered tomorrow, then his way to cling on would be a new GE..no thought for what is best for his country, his party or the MPs on his benches that will inevitably lose their jobs, it will be his way to cling on to power for his own selfish benefits. If they get a kicking tomorrow, I'm sure we'll see an election in no time. The only thing really that would hold it up would be the summer recess and then the conference season, but no way will he want to wait till that's over. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've thought since the no confidence vote that if he was to get hammered tomorrow, then his way to cling on would be a new GE..no thought for what is best for his country, his party or the MPs on his benches that will inevitably lose their jobs, it will be his way to cling on to power for his own selfish benefits. If they get a kicking tomorrow, I'm sure we'll see an election in no time. The only thing really that would hold it up would be the summer recess and then the conference season, but no way will he want to wait till that's over. 

The inquiry and a few other things happen around the Tory conference so that’s a shadow he’ll want to avoid as well.

I never imagined it could be this bad and dysfunctional, but they are in his image I s’pose.

• Upvote 1

Wasn’t sure if this has been posted or where to post it. 

This is embarrassing from Morgan. They can’t lay a finger on Lynch so have to resort to lying about having him wound up, when he clearly isn’t. He just refuses to be sidetracked into giving any credence whatsoever to their complete bullshit. 

One of the depressing and unsurprising things about Mick Lynch's interviews is how thick our major 'journalists' are. Burley, Madeley, Morgan. The top tier of TV personalities and they're all just absolutely thick as fuck, they resort to just shouting and ignoring answers, or lying to say that you haven't just seen what you have in fact seen. Both Burley and Morgan tweeted that Lynch was 'agitated' during their interviews, but he wasn't in the slightest and handed both of them their arse. 

It makes a lot of sense though when you consider what a mess the country is in. Murdock's destruction of journalism was orchestrated and intentional. Journalism as its defined in Britain places little if any value on investigating or uncovering information, but only on its ability to shock and sensationalise. 

The system relies on people like Morgan for the same reason it relies on people like Truss. Imbeciles which a broken society elevates to positions of wealth and achievement and plays off their arrogance to encourage complicity in its crimes. 

Same for Kuensberg, Peston et al who I've always said aren't in the journalism business, but showbusiness. They care nothing for the opinion of their peers, but only what circles they are accepted in. Zero interest in a pulizter price, very interested in getting a text off 'Rishi' while out with friends.  

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

One of the depressing and unsurprising things about Mick Lynch's interviews is how thick our major 'journalists' are. Burley, Madeley, Morgan. The top tier of TV personalities and they're all just absolutely thick as fuck, they resort to just shouting and ignoring answers, or lying to say that you haven't just seen what you have in fact seen. Both Burley and Morgan tweeted that Lynch was 'agitated' during their interviews, but he wasn't in the slightest and handed both of them their arse. 

It makes a lot of sense though when you consider what a mess the country is in. Murdock's destruction of journalism was orchestrated and intentional. Journalism as its defined in Britain places little if any value on investigating or uncovering information, but only on its ability to shock and sensationalise. 

The system relies on people like Morgan for the same reason it relies on people like Truss. Imbeciles which a broken society elevates to positions of wealth and achievement and plays off their arrogance to encourage complicity in its crimes. 

Same for Kuensberg, Peston et al who I've always said aren't in the journalism business, but showbusiness. They care nothing for the opinion of their peers, but only what circles they are accepted in. Zero interest in a pulizter price, very interested in getting a text off 'Rishi' while out with friends.  

Lynch is on Peston tonight, should be fun.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

So it's a big fat well done they've hit the hat-rick. The Tories and transport minister Grant Shapps have brought to a standstill the roads, the airports and the railways all at the same time. 

Good advice that. 

Bloody Labour party.

I'm sure that'll be the Daily Mail headline tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It is relevant though, it's relevant because the Labour party in Wales continually outperforms their close neighbours the Labour Party in England. 

Would you prefer a coalition of ‘anyone bar tories’ or your ideal Labour Party in continual opposition? 

Simple yes or no? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Would you prefer a coalition of ‘anyone bar tories’ or your ideal Labour Party in continual opposition? 

Simple yes or no? 

Of course I don't want permanent opposition.

The point I was trying to make is its a foolish strategy to make eyes to your right whilst throwing possibly millions of left wing votes in the bin. The left in Wales, Scotland and France are far less cowared than England. 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Of course I don't want permanent opposition.

The point I was trying to make is its a foolish strategy to make eyes to your right whilst throwing possibly millions of left wing votes in the bin. The left in Wales, Scotland and France are far less cowared than England. 

Yes or no?