You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Lord Agnew has resigned at the dispatch box over the government handling of fraudulent Covid business loans. The suggestion is that as much as £5billion may have been given away to dodgy claimants. 

Just think of how many people that money could have helped! Of course the fraudsters are cunts as well but it seems they’ve been assisted by the incompetence of the government.

48 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Lord Agnew has resigned at the dispatch box over the government handling of fraudulent Covid business loans. The suggestion is that as much as £5billion may have been given away to dodgy claimants. 

Just think of how many people that money could have helped! Of course the fraudsters are cunts as well but it seems they’ve been assisted by the incompetence of the government.

Yet a company like mine couldn't get a sniff of them after fucking months if trying. 

57 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Half of it went to their mates. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I dont know the full story but he said “Given that I am the minister for counter-fraud, it would be somewhat dishonest to stay on in that role if I am incapable of doing it properly,” so 5 billion quid gets handed out wrongfully and he can just say oh well I quit. No accountability at all?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Is this relating to the bounceback loans via the banks , the Furlough payments or the contracts given for covid equipment ?

Small business loans were handed out without due dilligence being paid, so it was a doddle to set up a company with Companies House and get a substantial, pretty much untraceable loan.

Crooks saw it coming a mile of and here's the result.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I'd have a bit more respect for the guy if he hadn't wibbled on about cutting income tax with the money lost and instead proposed putting it back into the services he and his fellow gang of cunts have cut to the bone.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Small business loans were handed out without due dilligence being paid, so it was a doddle to set up a company with Companies House and get a substantial, pretty much untraceable loan.

Crooks saw it coming a mile of and here's the result.

I can imagine , Bruce. Crooks must have been doing the Rafa hand rub , and the losses won't just be fraud either.

My nephew got £33k , works on and off as cover on the oil rigs , and he is only self-employed through the usual employer tactic of making him an agent. Don't get me wrong he has every intention of paying it back but is struggling for contracts and I don't give him a one in five chance of paying the loan off. There is no way he would have got anything like that before this scheme. The Banking colleagues I worked with said they started out doing standard due diligence but were told to stop being so rule-driven and to get with the programme.

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yet a company like mine couldn't get a sniff of them after fucking months if trying. 

Through the entirety of the pandemic I was entitled to absolutely fuck all help whatsoever so had to just eat away at my savings and sell off possessions to keep myself afloat.

Luckily I had one customer who still had some work, so then pretty much lived on one day a week working for him after about 3 months of everything initially hitting. I never locked down at all essentially, just spent it eking out an existence a couple of quid at a time, sometimes literally with selling stuff on ebay in quantity just to get a couple of quid profit on lot of things to keep myself going).

On the plus side though, with the increase in taxes etc. I'll get the joy of paying for the help that I received none of.

I fucking hate these cunts. Absolutely pieces of shit who preach all this hard work bollocks, but who simply don't give a fuck about anything other than lining their own pockets and siphoning off money to their mates.

They are utter scum who bring absolutely nothing positive to the world. 

Unfortunately we are also currently stuck with an opposition who would just fuck us over slightly less who are run by the invisible man and who appear to have no policy goals whatsoever. 

• Upvote 10

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Foreign Secretary.

Eddie Mairs great, the one episode the Andrew Marr Show was only good was when Mair stood in for him for one episode.

If only Marr and Kuensburg had the guts to interview Johnson like below the country might not now be the laughing stock of the world. The BBC should have gave the Marr show to Eddie Mair permanently,

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

Truss has tested positive for Covid. I think There was only Sunak wearing a mask on the front bench this afternoon.

She was sat next to Patel........

She probably doesn't fancy doing her actual job and travelling to eastern Europe. 

FKdS1piXwAc5kEX?format=jpg&name=small

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Truss has tested positive for Covid. I think There was only Sunak wearing a mask on the front bench this afternoon.

She was sat next to Patel........

Sadly, Patel's arse is so wide, their mouths were probably a good two metres apart.