You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

23 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Ah, so you've decided that your interpretation of the text is the right one, and everyone else's is wrong.

Funny, that's exactly what the people who commit atrocities inspired by these texts would say too.

It's not just my interpretation though, is it? It's literally what it says, in black and white.

41 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not just my interpretation though, is it? It's literally what it says, in black and white.

And yet millions of other people interpret it differently. Imagine that.

As I say, theological discourse belongs in the faith and religion thread, but it's telling that your defence of a brutally bloodthirsty invocation in scripture is to say that it only applies in a limited way. "Don't kill all pagans, just these specific ones". Well that's alright, then. 

52 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

As I say, theological discourse belongs in the faith and religion thread, but it's telling that your defence of a brutally bloodthirsty invocation in scripture is to say that it only applies in a limited way. "Don't kill all pagans, just these specific ones". Well that's alright, then. 

Millions?

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Where did I defend it?

If you saw A kick B in the goolies and then C told the Police that A murdered B, the right thing to do would be to let the Police know that A did not murder B. That doesn't mean that you defend the act of goolie-kicking: it just means that you think that telling the truth is important.

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

To think there’s people seeing these images and associated text and thinking to themselves that she’d make a great Prime Minister. The worrying part is how many of these people there might be. 

Yeah, this agenda-setting hagiography is pretty nauseating too. Thatcher was a cunt, but she was also a serious politician, about as far removed from this shallow, lightweight, vacuous, would-be Iron Lady successor as you can imagine. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/12/2021 at 14:16, Bruce Spanner said:

Patel wants to tag asylum seekers, at the time of writing I’m genuinely not sure if she means electronically or shoot, both are within her wheelhouse.

Seems proportionate. 

Merry Christmas all! 

Maybe she could tag them with little yellow stars. 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Christ. They're really bigging up this dense waste of skin-

In the short term it would be a disaster for the country if she became PM, she's in a small group who are maybe more hopeless than the incumbent. However, in the long term, surely she would assure labour of a great chance for the next election. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe she could tag them with little yellow stars. 

In the short term it would be a disaster for the country if she became PM, she's in a small group who are maybe more hopeless than the incumbent. However, in the long term, surely she would assure labour of a great chance for the next election. 

With Patel , Davey and Starmer as leaders , Count Binface might have to seriously think about working on an acceptance speech.

• Upvote 1