You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

This issue is ridiculously important in the bigger picture.

Starmer has already said they would boycott it and Kwarteng is saying the commissioner should resign as they've found her work flawed all to protect Johnson from further investigation.

If they manage this right it'll be 'unelected bureaucrats stopping us getting on with the people priorities, it's undemocratic and weakens the sovereignty of parliament. We must be able to hold ourselves to account of the highest order and who better than MP's to do that. I can't believe Commie Keith doesn't feel the same, he's an enemy of decency and democracy' and that's an easy message to sell despite it being utter horse shit.

Oh, hello Hungary, we have so much in common, we must talk more...

13 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Any half decent country would be out on the streets tearing shit up

There's the problem mate 

13 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Starmer is a disaster. 

I think that becoming clearer day by day.

I'm not a huge fan of raynor but at least she calls them out.

Raynor was ace yesterday 

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Christ they rotten to the core especially when the Daily Heil is calling them out 

IMG_20211104_092720.jpg

I always read the comments section on articles like this on the DM. Just to see what the mood is amongst the other side and refreshingly most were calling the tories out big time. Unfortunately I then looked at the comments section for the john lewis christmas advert and my heart sunk back to the usual. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This issue is ridiculously important in the bigger picture.

Starmer has already said they would boycott it and Kwarteng is saying the commissioner should resign as they've found her work flawed all to protect Johnson from further investigation.

If they manage this right it'll be 'unelected bureaucrats stopping us getting on with the people priorities, it's undemocratic and weakens the sovereignty of parliament. We must be able to hold ourselves to account of the highest order and who better than MP's to do that. I can't believe Commie Keith doesn't feel the same, he's an enemy of decency and democracy' and that's an easy message to sell despite it being utter horse shit.

Oh, hello Hungary, we have so much in common, we must talk more...

This will be spun back at labour within days. They were already using his wifes suicide as a sandbag in parliament yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

There's the problem mate 

Raynor was ace yesterday 

I always read the comments section on articles like this on the DM. Just to see what the mood is amongst the other side and refreshingly most were calling the tories out big time. Unfortunately I then looked at the comments section for the john lewis christmas advert and my heart sunk back to the usual. 

This will be spun back at labour within days. They were already using his wifes suicide as a sandbag in parliament yesterday. 

Already U-Turned.

Theyll be a vote on his suspension, which will be used to signify ‘’we’ve changed’ and it’ll all be forgotten about as they dismantle it away from the public glare.

There’s also the nuclear rumour that he might have to fight a by-election so the voters can have their say.

We’ll see. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I note the Mail headline uses the word 'Commons' and 'MPs' as opposed to the Tory Party, who actually voted it through, thereby giving the impression its everyone at Westminster.

They are all the same...

Obviously when something positive happens, it is the Tories and not the Commons and MPs who brought it about

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Already U-Turned.

Theyll be a vote on his suspension, which will be used to signify ‘’we’ve changed’ and it’ll all be forgotten about as they dismantle it away from the public glare.

There’s also the nuclear rumour that he might have to fight a by-election so the voters can have their say.

We’ll see. 

But the royal marines beat the us marines in a simulated sand run? 

It was a 30 day suspension for Patterson. Not a major sanction, really. 

Why didn't they just take such a lenient punishment on the chin instead of revealing to all and sundry that they're a corrupt bunch of shysters who would've indulged in a bit of "one rule for the plebs, another rule for us" action if they could've got away with it? 

It seems a strange tactic. Inept as well as corrupt? Or a bigger issue brewing that they're acting preemptively on? 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Why didn't they just take such a lenient punishment on the chin instead of revealing to all and sundry that they're a corrupt bunch of shysters who would've indulged in a bit of "one rule for the plebs, another rule for us" action if they could've got away with it? 

It seems a strange tactic. Inept as well as corrupt? Or a bigger issue brewing that they're acting preemptively on? 

It's probably got something to do with 56 Tory MP's earning more than £100k a year from outside interests and more than a dozen earning more than £1 million a year. An opportunity to tear the system down to avoid future scrutiny?

Astonishingly open corruption on the part of the government and it's MP's and yet the population at large will just keep voting for them.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Apparently the 30 day suspension could trigger a bye election . Don't know the details but heard it on BBC this morning . So theoretically he could lose his seat . Then again he has a 23k majority.