You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Both the telegraph and the mail think 8 years of pay freezes have not gone far enough.

Presumably these were the same 2 papers trumpeting giving nurses a round of applause instead.

Feed your family with a round of applause these days mate.

A standing ovation pays for a fortnight in Lanzarote!

47 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Feed your family with a round of applause these days mate.

A standing ovation pays for a fortnight in Lanzarote!

Tbf if anyone is on expert on feeding a family on 21k a year it's high ranking journalists in national  newspapers

On 15/10/2021 at 18:17, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think I know my own mind better than you. I said Rayner was more likely than Corbyn to cop criticism in the wake of what has happened, and I suggested she would regret the language she used. The former has already been proven to be true, and the latter I suspect will be proven true in due course.

In developments that will shock few, the latter has been proven true in due course

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/angela-rayner-apologises-unreservedly-tory-25322075

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

@Jordy Brouwer That's your cue.

My cue for what? Talk about Miattah Fahnbulleh's entire twitter feed?

I'm already familiar with the "New Economics Foundation" via their brilliant idea for a 4 day week which the Guardian keeps promoting as though it will ever happen. 

https://neweconomics.org/2020/11/the-case-for-a-four-day-week

There's another idea that totally doesn't have any downside.

Myth 6: Going to a four day week would kill Britain's already shit productivity stone dead and make us an international laughing stock. 

Busted: Some policy wonks who have never run a business and in many cases probably went straight from Uni into this sort of "think tank" work say it totally wouldn't. 

39 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

In developments that will shock few, the latter has been proven true in due course

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/angela-rayner-apologises-unreservedly-tory-25322075

According to that, she got death threats as a direct result of the lying Tory bastards falsely linking criticism of their actions (which they frame as abuse) to the murder of David Amess.

Calling them scum is an insult to scum.

30 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

My cue for what? Talk about Miattah Fahnbulleh's entire twitter feed?

I'm already familiar with the "New Economics Foundation" via their brilliant idea for a 4 day week which the Guardian keeps promoting as though it will ever happen. 

https://neweconomics.org/2020/11/the-case-for-a-four-day-week

There's another idea that totally doesn't have any downside.

Myth 6: Going to a four day week would kill Britain's already shit productivity stone dead and make us an international laughing stock. 

Busted: Some policy wonks who have never run a business and in many cases probably went straight from Uni into this sort of "think tank" work say it totally wouldn't. 

Have you read the book?

On 27/10/2021 at 15:22, Bruce Spanner said:

Because people don't have the attention span for analyisis, that's why they head towards headlines and 'comment' pieces.

It's all out there, people are just not interested in looking, sadly.

More right wing bollocks from Spanner/Silverlining that has gone unchallenged. It is not the people that's at fault it's the media not giving the people a full and concise picture of the political situation.