You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How come we don't see opposition or the media point out the bullshit succinctly. 

Because people don't have the attention span for analyisis, that's why they head towards headlines and 'comment' pieces.

It's all out there, people are just not interested in looking, sadly.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

In one.

The way starmer has let that fucking clown blunder from 1 disaster to another whilst people suffer is,quite frankly,unforgivable. 

It wasn't that much different under Milliband really. The Tories were allowed to promote austerity as not just the orthodox way to deal with the deficit, but as the only way, despite it running completely counter to what should have been done. Corbyn and MacDonnell were briefly electrifying in that they actually opposed and came up with different proposals, but their own incompetence and outright sabotage from within the party fucked all that. Now we're back to this meek, passionless opposition, seemingly afraid of its own shadow- unless it comes to rooting out 'lefties' of course.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It wasn't that much different under Milliband really. The Tories were allowed to promote austerity as not just the orthodox way to deal with the deficit, but as the only way, despite it running completely counter to what should have been done. Corbyn and MacDonnell were briefly electrifying in that they actually opposed and came up with different proposals, but their own incompetence and outright sabotage from within the party fucked all that. Now we're back to this meek, passionless opposition, seemingly afraid of its own shadow- unless it comes to rooting out 'lefties' of course.

He was the weakest leader I've ever known

He meekly let the tories blame the financial crash on labour and only in this country could he been seen as some left wing firebrand.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

I've no doubt Labour did plan to cut further in 2010 but the fact remains the Lib Dems were the party in coalition and even when seeing the damage polices like the bedroom tax were inflicting on people they ploughed on regardless.

Polices that shrunk the economy by £100b  and were linked to over 120,000 preventable deaths

The Lib Dems voluntarily chose the partnership and as such were a reason that every Tory cut was passed. 

But at least we now pay 5p for a plastic bag so every silver lining 

"irrelevant" 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Champagne is cheaper though so stop your fucking crying 

It was almost like they were overtly taking the piss.

Bankers tax down, cost of champagne down, short haul mini break costs down.

Absolutely nothing remotely progressive or aimed at taking from those that profit most from the shared land and resources we have, complete sham.

It was literally a budget for them and ther ilk and nothing but lip service to the disasterous situation the country finds itself in.

If I was from another country and not au fait with British politics I would have assumed it was satire, or have avoided the streets as I'd assume there'd be rioting.

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It was almost like they were overtly taking the piss.

Bankers tax down, cost of champagne down, short haul mini break costs down.

Absolutely nothing remotely progressive or aimed at taking from those that profit most from the shared land and resources we have, complete sham.

It was literally a budget for them and ther ilk and nothing but lip service to the disasterous situation the country finds itself in.

If I was from another country and not au fait with British politics I would have assumed it was satire, or have avoided the streets as I'd assume there'd be rioting.

Cheese toastie day! 

Imagine being as heartless and cynical as cutting spending, cutting support, reducing taxes for the most affluent and laughing as millions are plunged in to the bleakest winter and most uncertain time in generations.

Now imagine that the leading think tanks assume you’re doing this to cut costs now so you can unveil ‘optimistic’ new tax cuts in the run up to a GE.

Just fucking to imagine you’re responsible for the crony contracts, the billions siphoned off, the cuts, the abject failure of governance and for what?

To have some nice policies come election times.

Fuck you, we see you.

The Guardian headline at the moment is : "Budget / Sunak softens universal credit cuts to tackle squeeze on families". So surely everything is fine.

In other great news :

Paul Dacre will “imminently” be offered another chance to become chair of the media regulator, Ofcom, ministers have confirmed.

Ministers have been attempting to appoint the former Daily Mail editor to run the watchdog since last summer. They had thought in May that this had been achieved, only for Dacre unexpectedly to flunk his final interview, with the interview panel saying he was “not appointable”.

Individuals with knowledge of the recruitment process say this was despite Dacre being offered guidance on what to say in the interview and how to meet the job description criteria.

Rather than appoint one of the candidates who had been successfully vetted, ministers instead decided to rerun the hiring process to give Dacre another shot.

Julian Knight, the chair of the culture select committee and a Conservative MP, said last month that the recruitment process was being restarted without adequate justification and that Dacre should be blocked from the job. “Where a previous candidate has been deemed to be unappointable for a post, they should be ruled out of reapplying,” he said.

However, Lord Parkinson, an arts minister, told the Lords there would be no ban on any applicants and “the recruitment process will be launched imminently”. The final decision will be made by the culture secretary, Nadine Dorries, in consultation with Downing Street.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/oct/27/paul-dacre-will-get-second-chance-to-apply-for-ofcom-chair-ministers-confirm

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The Guardian headline at the moment is : "Budget / Sunak softens universal credit cuts to tackle squeeze on families". So surely everything is fine.

In other great news :

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/oct/27/paul-dacre-will-get-second-chance-to-apply-for-ofcom-chair-ministers-confirm

Also on the same page with full analysis from unions, economists, think tanks etc…

19A9AD35-480E-40A7-9822-B809C3CA25BF.png

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Also on the same page with full analysis from unions, economists, think tanks etc…

19A9AD35-480E-40A7-9822-B809C3CA25BF.png

Yeah I just thought it was a bizarre headline. Almost posted back to say that once you look a bit further down it doesn't sound so good with "Budget 2021 live: ‘many to face living standards squeeze’ despite Sunak spending pledges". The two look weird so close together.

I thought this offered a better actual summary in the live blog area :

TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady said: “The chancellor has gone from pay freeze to pay squeeze. Millions of key workers who saw us through the pandemic will still be worse off than they were in 2010. That puts vital services under pressure as even more staff leave, and it risks the recovery. He should have announced fair pay deals for whole industries, negotiated with unions, designed to get pay and productivity rising in every sector.”

And Unite general secretary Sharon Graham said: “The chancellor’s statement makes it clear that the government wants workers to pay for the pandemic. Their incomes are under attack from tax rises and inflation while the super-rich will continue to prosper. That is not acceptable.”

I’ve made a conscious decision to avoid TV news, BBC Radio (even though I enjoyed The World Tonight at 10 on R4 for a time) and cut down on Twitter since Phil the Greek died.

As a result I’d say I get less angry, but I know now why the cunts are getting away with so much shit. Most people aren’t arsed till it bites them on the arse. Southern England I’m

looking at you largely although parts of Cornwall are meant to be tough. 

The Tories fall into a couple of camps for me now: 1) the new breed who are nothing but far right free market zealots who believe in nothing but the most insane interpretation of freedom. Linked to dodgy fuckers across the pond They’ve taken over the old Tory party of quiet, understated patriotic cuntery while going to CoE mass on Sundays in their best. 2) the remainder of the pre 2019 Home Counties cunts who are comfortable with casual “xenophobia” and hatred of the poor for having flat screens and getting wasted on cheap ale from the Bargain Booze. 

At this point there’s no chance of them getting voted out as Labour are as inept as ever. Crime is up, more people on their arse, criminal

levels of corruption across politics and the police, yet they’re miles ahead in the polls.

So, the only constant must be the oxygen thieves in the media who aren’t constantly pointing this out, and the tribes of top cunts from the IEA or Adam Smith Institute (Kate Andrews I’m looking at you) who turn up to say whatever they’re paid while privately thinking the Great British public are mugs. 

No wonder they want to cut arts courses pretty soon with the libraries gone the only history kids will do will come from the Tory BBC. 

6 years since the Referendum election of 2015 and we’re now closer than ever to becoming the 51st State. 

Yank twats. Tory Twats. Labour gobshites. 

10 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I’ve made a conscious decision to avoid TV news, BBC Radio (even though I enjoyed The World Tonight at 10 on R4 for a time) and cut down on Twitter since Phil the Greek died.

As a result I’d say I get less angry, but I know now why the cunts are getting away with so much shit. Most people aren’t arsed till it bites them on the arse. Southern England I’m

looking at you largely although parts of Cornwall are meant to be tough. 

The Tories fall into a couple of camps for me now: 1) the new breed who are nothing but far right free market zealots who believe in nothing but the most insane interpretation of freedom. Linked to dodgy fuckers across the pond They’ve taken over the old Tory party of quiet, understated patriotic cuntery while going to CoE mass on Sundays in their best. 2) the remainder of the pre 2019 Home Counties cunts who are comfortable with casual “xenophobia” and hatred of the poor for having flat screens and getting wasted on cheap ale from the Bargain Booze. 

At this point there’s no chance of them getting voted out as Labour are as inept as ever. Crime is up, more people on their arse, criminal

levels of corruption across politics and the police, yet they’re miles ahead in the polls.

So, the only constant must be the oxygen thieves in the media who aren’t constantly pointing this out, and the tribes of top cunts from the IEA or Adam Smith Institute (Kate Andrews I’m looking at you) who turn up to say whatever they’re paid while privately thinking the Great British public are mugs. 

No wonder they want to cut arts courses pretty soon with the libraries gone the only history kids will do will come from the Tory BBC. 

6 years since the Referendum election of 2015 and we’re now closer than ever to becoming the 51st State. 

Yank twats. Tory Twats. Labour gobshites. 

Without turning this into a labour thread,a huge amount of people ,on the labour side of the political divide saw the damage the likes of johnson would do,and spent 18 months turning their vitriol on someone who,fall all his faults,resembled a genuine alternative. 

No wonder people camt forgive them.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Without turning this into a labour thread,a huge amount of people ,on the labour side of the political divide saw the damage the likes of johnson would do,and spent 18 months turning their vitriol on someone who,fall all his faults,resembled a genuine alternative. 

No wonder people camt forgive them.

I’d say it was simply the British establishment closing ranks as the threat increased. 

24 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

They had plenty of help from the labour party

Yeah, I meant the right of Labour are firmly British establishment. Starmer spending more time attacking opponents of the Conservatives than the bastards themselves just shows that. They’ve got form for it over the years, right back to the General Strike of 1926, I believe. 

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

Yeah, I meant the right of Labour are firmly British establishment. Starmer spending more time attacking opponents of the Conservatives than the bastards themselves just shows that. They’ve got form for it over the years, right back to the General Strike of 1926, I believe. 

Yep the likes of baddiel,hodge and all the other shower to be are Just as responsibility for the current shit show as the tories.

Utterly depressing