You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Ian Blackford asks about the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. The next question is a Tory MP who says it's national cheese toastie day. Twitter is alight with people pointing out the groans from the tories when Blackford stood up. 

FUCK THE RIGHT

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ian Blackford asks about the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. The next question is a Tory MP who says it's national cheese toastie day. Twitter is alight with people pointing out the groans from the tories when Blackford stood up. 

FUCK THE RIGHT

I know Tories are cunts but I do love a cheese toastie....Used to live on cheese and ham one's when I've been on lads weekends to Amsterdam 

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

So they were in power from 2010, guess I must have missed that

What you missed was that the first austerity measures were introduced in late 2008, and you apparently also missed Alistair Darling's March 2010 budget, when he promised the Labour government would "cut deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher, with the IFS pointing out that there was only a "modest difference" between the spending plans of Labour and the Tories.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-margaret-thatcher

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

What you missed was that the first austerity measures were introduced in late 2008, and you apparently also missed Alistair Darling's March 2010 budget, when he promised the Labour government would "cut deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher, with the IFS pointing out that there was only a "modest difference" between the spending plans of Labour and the Tories.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-margaret-thatcher

I've no doubt Labour did plan to cut further in 2010 but the fact remains the Lib Dems were the party in coalition and even when seeing the damage polices like the bedroom tax were inflicting on people they ploughed on regardless.

Polices that shrunk the economy by £100b  and were linked to over 120,000 preventable deaths

The Lib Dems voluntarily chose the partnership and as such were a reason that every Tory cut was passed. 

But at least we now pay 5p for a plastic bag so every silver lining 

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Didn’t that budget basically nail the coffin for Labour at that years GE? I think I remember Darling getting loads of shit at the time. 

Ultimately Labour's downfall was to apparently leave the coffers dry....Even though it was a global financial crash

9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I've no doubt Labour did plan to cut further in 2010

Good. So we can stop pretending that Ed Miliband, or any other Labour politician, wouldn't have been on board with the huge spending cuts we made in this country if it was them who happened to be sitting in the chair when the music stopped.

33 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Oh look. The Tory Cabinet thread has changed into a discussion about Labour. What a completely unexpected surprise... 

Not really a surprise since you started talking about Starmer

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

No Starmer for PMQs or the budget response as he's tested positive for Covid. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Roll up for the great smoke and mirrors show!

Ooof, that's quite the rebute to anything that comes out of both sides of the snakes mouth today.

Also, is he really that fucking short???

6003.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

How come we don't see opposition or the media point out the bullshit succinctly. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How come we don't see opposition or the media point out the bullshit succinctly. 

Well the media's pretty obvious, it's largely Tory-supporting and there's no way they'd expose the myth of Tory economic competency. And at the moment, the opposition are a bunch of supine wankers more interested in internal party power struggles than opposing the government.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Well the media's pretty obvious, it's largely Tory-supporting and there's no way they'd expose the myth of Tory economic competency. And at the moment, the opposition are a bunch of supine wankers more interested in internal party power struggles than opposing the government.

In one.

The way starmer has let that fucking clown blunder from 1 disaster to another whilst people suffer is,quite frankly,unforgivable.