You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

In the Starmer thread Captain Willard got a lot of shit for suggesting things should be toned down a bit.  

In the same thread he took a pop at Starmer for saying that some things just shouldn't be said. Then he took issue with me for pointing out that sometimes things are best left unsaid no matter how much we believe them to be true, for the sake of civil debate, you know.

And you agreed with him. 

What is it then? Free speech no matter the consequence or not?

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't want to see Twitter posts copied here.  If I wanted to read this cunt I'd go on Twitter and follow him, whoever the fuck he is. 

Four points:

There is really very little point in watching the news for the next two months. 

At this point all my praying is for the assassin to not be a card-carrying Labour supporter.

This will play into Tory hands of shielding MP's from the public, ie, the people who voted for them. 

This may happen again and again as more and more desperate people reach the end of their ropes and lash out. 

Didnt he used to be quite left wing?

I remember he used to have a column in the mirror. 

Gobshite.

Presumably every single person now who responds to something with an insult means to kill that person

What an age we live in.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Think we wont know the reasons behind it for a while yet.

When jo fox was murdered however it was noticable the narrative was very much focused on 1 crackpot, with very little acknowledgment of other factors.

Right wing and white innit.

Just now, Jack the Sipper said:

In the same thread he took a pop at Starmer for saying that some things just shouldn't be said. Then he took issue with me for pointing out that sometimes things are best left unsaid no matter how much we believe them to be true, for the sake of civil debate, you know.

And you agreed with him. 

What is it then? Free speech no matter the consequence or not?

Who said no consequences? 

Who gives a shit what any MP has said, they are just a small part of public commentary these days. Social media etc thrives on rhetoric and will continue to do so. The responsibility lies with everyone, but it's very difficult to do that when so much of modern life is geared towards getting angry about everything and anything.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It was a WhatsApp to a group of MPs. You know that right?  You think he was suggesting to one of the MPs to mail a bomb? 

I'm in WhatsApp groups and to the best of my knowledge I've never threatened to mail a bomb to somebody

But Rayner over one throwaway comment has suddenly turned into Charles Manson 

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I'm in WhatsApp groups and to the best of my knowledge I've never threatened to mail a bomb to somebody

Neither did he. You can Google what happened you know. It’s all there. 

Rayner has created a situation where the deputy of the Labour Party can’t express sympathy for a murdered MP because of her comments. Fucking genius at work.   

Just now, TD_LFC said:

It's easy, I just don't threaten people or break the rules, I'm also in a job where that isn't reward so I guess I'm the one losing out.

Who, exactly, was threatened?  Google what happened. Read it yourself.  Fuck me. 

(Don’t take the last one literally)

This is worse than that fucking moron and being ‘stabbed in the back’ 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

RIP David Ames.

To be honest mate, as a life long Labour voter, I thought her comments were ill judged, intemperate and a disgrace. Thankfully, she isnt my constituency MP else Labour wouldnt be getting my vote at the next election.

The thing here is people on all sides need to wind the rhetoric down. It helps no one and doesnt resolve any issue.

I dont blame rayner for today's events.

Ive had enough of the net for today so dont think I'll be posting any more today.

Go in peace, respect those around you and bite your lip before flying into rages.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Who, exactly, was threatened?  Google what happened. Read it yourself.  Fuck me. 

(Don’t take the last one literally)

This is worse than that fucking moron and being ‘stabbed in the back’ 

Relax I was talking more generally of the conservative party* which is why I added breaking the rules. Definitely a place of work where you fall upwards.

For us mere mortals, whether joking or serious, we aren't afforded the same protection.

*Edit: Should say politicians in general it's not exclusive to conservatives.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep died. Truly grim. The Darren Grimes ilk all blaming Angela Rayner of course. 

The right wing poodles like Grimes and Harwood have to be careful about trying to incite a tit-for-tat assault on a leftie, whether it's inadvertent or not, their language on social media will be important.  If I was Twitter I'd actually suspend their accounts for a week to let some facts come out, otherwise this is just ringing the dinner bell for mayhem. 

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Wouldnt it be better to actually wait and see who is responsible before blaming labour?

Could well be terrorist related.

Regardless of who perpetrated this horrendous crime, and why he did it, there is still a need for public figures to dial down the rhetoric.