You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

38 minutes ago, skend04 said:

That's what fat people have to do. Need to fit in it one way rather than the other.

Don’t they make coats for fat people or have tailors in the U.K.?

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Harsh on Pestis missus 

If that was my missus I would be studying the Crime of Passion defence and figuring out how to apply it

• Upvote 1

First Jo Cox, now David Ames. This is where the toxic language of hate on both sides of the political divide takes us. I’ve met a few Mps in my time (both left and right) and they are by and large decent people trying to improve the world. They may have the wrong ideas about how to do it but it’s rare (though not unknown) to meet one who is an absolute cunt let alone a fascist or a traitor. If we keep using these words then MPs will keep getting killed. Hopefully Amess will survive. 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

First Jo Cox, now David Ames. This is where the toxic language of hate on both sides of the political divide takes us. I’ve met a few Mps in my time (both left and right) and they are by and large decent people trying to improve the world. They may have the wrong ideas about how to do it but it’s rare (though not unknown) to meet one who is an absolute cunt let alone a fascist or a traitor. If we keep using these words then MPs will keep getting killed. Hopefully Amess will survive. 

Hark at Donald Trump here!  We don't yet know who the assailant is, could just be some nutjob constituent with a grudge.

On 05/10/2021 at 11:47, Jack the Sipper said:

That might have come from the same speech where she, in reference to Raynor's 'Tory scum' remarks, mentioned a 'nasty' strain on the left that leads to violence against politicians - obviously forgetting that, on the same weekend, one of her own joked about planting a  bomb in Annaliese Dodds office. Or the hate-filled rhetoric from politicians and pundits on the right that led to the murder of Jo Cox and the murders of dozens of children by the uber cunt Breivik. I could go on.

Hate filled rhetoric indeed 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We're all guilty of saying inflammatory or derogatory things particularly about politicians but it takes a certain level of cunt to go out and stab someone as a result of comments like that. Nice to see people already jumping to conclusions when we have no idea who has done it and what the motive was. 

The right must be torn here "is it an Angela Raynor supporter or one of them islamilist ones from the beach"  

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm sure this will be reported in the usual restrained,balanced manner.

Hopefully like this. I’d be interested in the ‘balance’ you need. ‘Now let’s hear from the people who think he deserved it because he was a Tory’ 

• Downvote 1