You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fair fucks to Gary Neville. 

Offering her a job as a kitchen porter, how likely is it that she took him up on the offer? 

He went up a long way in my estimation for the way he dealt with her bullshit. He talked from the heart, she talked from the arse. 

2 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

This idea that 1m jobs are available to anyone unemployed regardless of current skills and location. No training offered, nor money towards relocation. How is anyone buying this crap?

The only people who need to buy it are the 35% who will vote Tory without question. They aren't trying to appeal to anyone else. All the boomers will be sat there saying "lazy bastards! Boris has given you the choice of 1 million jobs, get off your arses!"

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Owen Jones getting their take on the impoverishment of 800,000 people and the deaths of 150,000. (The consensus is that it's not the Government's job to concern itself with things like that.)

If you want to get on life you need to work hard.. well.yes just look.ar boris Johnson. 

In a crowded field , my favourite wtf moment this week was government ministers blaming businesses for not using Project Yellowhammer as a foundation document for getting Brexit-ready. Yes , the Project Yellowhammer document they fumed about claiming it was pernicious bunch of lies by whingeing remoaners and the absolute peak of Project Fear.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Owen Jones getting their take on the impoverishment of 800,000 people and the deaths of 150,000. (The consensus is that it's not the Government's job to concern itself with things like that.)

Overall pretty weak, but one key point there that Labour need to push, because it undoes a lot of Tory rhetoric.....unions = better pay for workers.  

How can you tell people to get better jobs while also dismantling the power of unions? 

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

In a crowded field , my favourite wtf moment this week was government ministers blaming businesses for not using Project Yellowhammer as a foundation document for getting Brexit-ready. Yes , the Project Yellowhammer document they fumed about claiming it was pernicious bunch of lies by whingeing remoaners and the absolute peak of Project Fear.

First time I'd heard the bbc mention this document was today - as part of yet another segment on panic buying.

The morning after the night before!

Looks like the long con is on, 50 years for Brexit and 10 years for 'Levelling up', just fuck off.

From the Hail of all places.

'Ministers have admitted that 'Levelling Up' wages will take 10 years - and Boris Johnson wants to stay in power longer than Margaret Thatcher to see it through.

The PM has staked his political career on reforming the economy after Brexit, insisting in his conference speech yesterday that there is 'no alternative'.

But Cabinet allies have told MailOnline that Mr Johnson knows the process will be 'bumpy' and he needs to dig in for the 'long haul'. They said he is so 'competitive' he knows 'to the minute' how long he needs to stay in office to be the longest-serving modern Tory premier.   

Senior figures said to 'bet your house' on the next election being the latest realistic date of May 2024, because there might be few signs of progress to highlight to voters before that.

They predicted that Mr Johnson will need to cut taxes in the run-up to the poll in order to make sure he gets another solid majority. 

However, there is also anxiety at the Conservatives' reliance on the PM's personal popularity. One top minister said the party would be 'in trouble' if he went 'under a bus' because Chancellor Rishi Sunak does not have the same appeal in Red Wall communities.'

"I'm sure I'll take you with pleasure!" the Queen said. "Two pence a week, and jam every other day."

Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, "I don't want you to hire me – and I don't care for jam."

"It's very good jam," said the Queen.

"Well, I don't want any to-day, at any rate."

"You couldn't have it if you did want it," the Queen said. "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."

"It must come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.

"No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know."

"I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!"

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Tory Councillor suspended for being an actual fucking Nazi.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/tory-councillor-exposed-as-far-right-supporter-worried-about-white-genocide/

I expect the party and it's leader to be dragged for years over this, I really do.

I read an article about a 97 year old nazi death camp woman who had skipped bail last week on the dm. Some of the comments section will not surprise you. Plenty of downticks for people who rightly said she should already be locked up but a good plenty of comments saying leave her alone shes an old woman. 

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I read an article about a 97 year old nazi death camp woman who had skipped bail last week on the dm. Some of the comments section will not surprise you. Plenty of downticks for people who rightly said she should already be locked up but a good plenty of comments saying leave her alone shes an old woman. 

Classic Daily Mail readers though - hate modern Germans, love Nazi Germans.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Tory Councillor suspended for being an actual fucking Nazi.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/tory-councillor-exposed-as-far-right-supporter-worried-about-white-genocide/

I expect the party and it's leader to be dragged for years over this, I really do.

Rachel Riley tshirt anytime now...

• Upvote 1