You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

So, that's the courts, the media, the police and justice systems and now the charities sector they are stitching up.

These lot need to go, they are dangerous.

'Last weekend, the then Secretary of State, Oliver Dowden, announced his intention to muzzle the third sector. In his blog about the process for appointing a new Chair of the Charity Commission - the Government’s regulator of charities - he complained about “a worrying trend in some charities that appear to have been hijacked by a vocal minority seeking to burnish their woke credentials”. He said the Chair will be selected based on how they “rebalance” charities away from that agenda using the Charity Commission’s powers. And that Ministers will only appoint someone who does this.

It’s a chilling thought. What would a politically motivated regulator mean for food banks who push back against policies that mean people don’t have enough to eat? What would it mean for a housing charity which challenges legislation that leaves people without a roof over their head? What about charities that campaign against Government policies that could do untold damage by baking in racial injustice or poverty? Will these fit with the Government's views?

Together, through our taxes, we subsidise the activities of charities to the tune of £2bn a year. We give them this relief because they exist for “public benefit”- various types of do-gooding which Parliament wants to encourage.

These things are not the same as pushing the political agenda of the Government of the day. You don’t get charitable tax relief if your activities are “political” - a term which the Charity Commission defines as including “furthering the interests of a particular political party.” This need for charities to stand outside party politics is also embedded in legislation made by Parliament: for example, the Charity Commission should not be subject to direction by the Secretary of State.

We don’t think it’s the Charity Commission’s job to muzzle or ‘cancel’ charities that want to tell the truth about Britain’s past. But Ministers want to turn Charity law on its head. Charities that help their political agenda will be left alone and charities that resist it will be punished.

It’s yet another example of this Government’s attempts to install allies at the top of our public institutions. We believe their plans are unlawful. If an appointment is made we will be asking for it to be quashed.'

• Upvote 1

Last weekend, the then Secretary of State, Oliver Dowden, announced his intention to muzzle the third sector. In his blog about the process for appointing a new Chair of the Charity Commission - the Government’s regulator of charities - he complained about “a worrying trend in some charities that appear to have been hijacked by a vocal minority seeking to burnish their woke credentials”. He said the Chair will be selected based on how they “rebalance” charities away from that agenda using the Charity Commission’s powers. And that Ministers will only appoint someone who does this.

The third sector have been working with their hands tied for years, not so much the big cunts who tow the tory line anyway, but your small to medium charities. They tow the political line as much as possible for to not do that, they'll not secure funding. Be it from a local authority point where the council members are tory led, or to the national lottery who don't want to be seen making waves. Small donations that we throw in the pot every so often isn't nowhere near enough to sustain anything functional. 

Don't even start me on Woke, woke should be every humans default status. 

It’s a chilling thought. What would a politically motivated regulator mean for food banks who push back against policies that mean people don’t have enough to eat? What would it mean for a housing charity which challenges legislation that leaves people without a roof over their head? What about charities that campaign against Government policies that could do untold damage by baking in racial injustice or poverty? Will these fit with the Government's views?

Fuck off. Foodbanks are often some of the least political charities out there, on one side for the likes of Trussell Trusts religious links and the 'pray for your leaders lark', and other foodbank charities are too small to create political waves. All they can do is share the information that they gain through good governance, if they didn't, the charity commission would have other issues. In terms of major players in the housing and social justice etc, again - it's not so much charities that are the big player, but your grass movement led orgs. These types of organisations don't get through the door for funding without already compromising their values - do you really have the desire to find the Redcross? What about Barnardos? Shelter? Actually Shelter isn't so bad, but Redcross can fuck right off. 40% overheads on a contract? Thats your fucking TV advert you arsehols. Whatever. 

Together, through our taxes, we subsidise the activities of charities to the tune of £2bn a year. We give them this relief because they exist for “public benefit”- various types of do-gooding which Parliament wants to encourage.

That'll be your private schools mate, also these public benefits are often from again small to medium charities ploughed right back into their communities. They're also saving the social care sector alone an absolute fucking fortune you cretins. 

These things are not the same as pushing the political agenda of the Government of the day. You don’t get charitable tax relief if your activities are “political” - a term which the Charity Commission defines as including “furthering the interests of a particular political party.” This need for charities to stand outside party politics is also embedded in legislation made by Parliament: for example, the Charity Commission should not be subject to direction by the Secretary of State.

Furthering the interests of a particular political party......So, like your public schools then? Creating your future bankers and MPs all with a right wing agenda - suits them doesn't it? 

As far as the charities to stand outside of politics, they don't get the fucking chance to be inside in the first place, they're too busy mopping up the shit for the lack of statutory funding. Charities have a role in embedding that legislation, the cheeky cunts that make it up go straight out to third sector orgs for consultations, then do what they want with the info anyway! 

We don’t think it’s the Charity Commission’s job to muzzle or ‘cancel’ charities that want to tell the truth about Britain’s past. But Ministers want to turn Charity law on its head. Charities that help their political agenda will be left alone and charities that resist it will be punished.

Oh just fuck off with the creating an issue thats barely impacting the tory government into a big deal.

It’s yet another example of this Government’s attempts to install allies at the top of our public institutions. We believe their plans are unlawful. If an appointment is made we will be asking for it to be quashed.'

This threads also a let down, I came here for some proper piss taking on a sunday afternoon because the political agenda is soul destroying at the moment, I'm now even more depressed. Despite living in Wales and having devolution with a labour government, these lot still totally dictate too much. 

I've got pitchforks and a few scythes, when are we off to rectify this shit storm? I bagsy Patel. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, melons said:

Last weekend, the then Secretary of State, Oliver Dowden, announced his intention to muzzle the third sector. In his blog about the process for appointing a new Chair of the Charity Commission - the Government’s regulator of charities - he complained about “a worrying trend in some charities that appear to have been hijacked by a vocal minority seeking to burnish their woke credentials”. He said the Chair will be selected based on how they “rebalance” charities away from that agenda using the Charity Commission’s powers. And that Ministers will only appoint someone who does this.

The third sector have been working with their hands tied for years, not so much the big cunts who tow the tory line anyway, but your small to medium charities. They tow the political line as much as possible for to not do that, they'll not secure funding. Be it from a local authority point where the council members are tory led, or to the national lottery who don't want to be seen making waves. Small donations that we throw in the pot every so often isn't nowhere near enough to sustain anything functional. 

Don't even start me on Woke, woke should be every humans default status. 

Fuck off. Foodbanks are often some of the least political charities out there, on one side for the likes of Trussell Trusts religious links and the 'pray for your leaders lark', and other foodbank charities are too small to create political waves. All they can do is share the information that they gain through good governance, if they didn't, the charity commission would have other issues. In terms of major players in the housing and social justice etc, again - it's not so much charities that are the big player, but your grass movement led orgs. These types of organisations don't get through the door for funding without already compromising their values - do you really have the desire to find the Redcross? What about Barnardos? Shelter? Actually Shelter isn't so bad, but Redcross can fuck right off. 40% overheads on a contract? Thats your fucking TV advert you arsehols. Whatever. 

That'll be your private schools mate, also these public benefits are often from again small to medium charities ploughed right back into their communities. They're also saving the social care sector alone an absolute fucking fortune you cretins. 

Furthering the interests of a particular political party......So, like your public schools then? Creating your future bankers and MPs all with a right wing agenda - suits them doesn't it? 

As far as the charities to stand outside of politics, they don't get the fucking chance to be inside in the first place, they're too busy mopping up the shit for the lack of statutory funding. Charities have a role in embedding that legislation, the cheeky cunts that make it up go straight out to third sector orgs for consultations, then do what they want with the info anyway! 

Oh just fuck off with the creating an issue thats barely impacting the tory government into a big deal.

This threads also a let down, I came here for some proper piss taking on a sunday afternoon because the political agenda is soul destroying at the moment, I'm now even more depressed. Despite living in Wales and having devolution with a labour government, these lot still totally dictate too much. 

I've got pitchforks and a few scythes, when are we off to rectify this shit storm? I bagsy Patel. 

Wait until the school reforms get a full airing.

They’ll put this shit in perspective, indoctrination where opposing views are not tolerated, genuinely scary if enacted fully. 

PS. Good to see you back.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Wait until the school reforms get a full airing.

They’ll put this shit in perspective, indoctrination where opposing views are not tolerated, genuinely scary if enacted fully. 

PS. Good to see you back.

They're all ready at it though, the posts i've seen since kids got back to school about contracts for uniform etc... Seriously? What the fuck is all that about? Since when is your skirt length affecting your ability to learn? That nose piercing, yeah thats totally going to be detrimental to your GCSEs. Do fuck off. We're training little clones, we're not celebrating individuality. There was one school in Faversham in the paper this week for demanding eye contact or something - can't remember exactly but all I could think of was those kids with neurodiversity who can barely stand to look up, let alone hold someones eye contact. What, because they don't maintain eye contact they should be sent to Isolation, fucking hell, thats another one. I need to stop.... 

Í need to get off faceaids more and on to here, at least here people have a conscience when it comes to social justice. x 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, melons said:

They're all ready at it though, the posts i've seen since kids got back to school about contracts for uniform etc... Seriously? What the fuck is all that about? Since when is your skirt length affecting your ability to learn? That nose piercing, yeah thats totally going to be detrimental to your GCSEs. Do fuck off. We're training little clones, we're not celebrating individuality. There was one school in Faversham in the paper this week for demanding eye contact or something - can't remember exactly but all I could think of was those kids with neurodiversity who can barely stand to look up, let alone hold someones eye contact. What, because they don't maintain eye contact they should be sent to Isolation, fucking hell, thats another one. I need to stop.... 

Í need to get off faceaids more and on to here, at least here people have a conscience when it comes to social justice. x 

Oh, no not the rules the actual subject matter.

Teeachers will not be able to teach anything that's considered 'anti-capitalism' and all lesson cycles must promote British values, staff could be fired for not adhering to this.

BLM and Extinction Rebellion will be taught as if they are terrorist organisations, if they are covered at all.

There's loads more that'll come out in the wash, but it's regressive, insidious, narrow minded and dangerous as it borders on indoctrination and ideas not considered 'In line with British values' will be removed or face sanction

Yeah, fuck faceaids off, you're home now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, melons said:

My daughter got detention twice on her first week back, her crimes?

1) She wasn't carrying her equipment (pens etc) in a see through pencil case.

2) Following day she has the equipment in the see through pencil case, but she's not carrying them in a hand bag or rucksack!

Since her school became an academy the Trust that runs it and 7 other schools has been concentrating its investment on the 2 schools rated good by ofsted! The rest just get cuts made to school transport, changes to uniform (making them more expensive), and numerous pointless changes to rules! Makes me heave!

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Absolutely. I've never understood why woke came to be an insult in the first place - and why those who say it in interviews are never pulled up on why they see themselves as "anti-woke".

Funnily enough I was saying to the husband the other day it needs to be claimed back. I have begun replying to people: "yes I am fucking woke and proud to be. It means I actually try to have some empathy with others" to anyone who says it in that patronising, way. Claim it back and try to make sure people know it stands for human decency.

Proud to be Woke! 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Woke is just the new equivalent of "do-gooder". Something to be thrown as an insult to people who don't think behaving like a cunt is the way to go about things. 

Only in this country could wanting to not be an evil little cunt be a derogatory term

• Upvote 5

Gavin Williamson is to be knighted for k̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶r̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶b̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶u̶p̶l̶i̶c̶i̶t̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶t̶a̶r̶d̶s̶  services to education.

You really couldn't make it up.

Enough is enough.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Gavin Williamson is to be knighted for k̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶r̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶b̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶u̶p̶l̶i̶c̶i̶t̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶t̶a̶r̶d̶s̶  services to education.

You really couldn't make it up.

Enough is enough.

Services to education?, my arse. You can't possibly be knighted for being so calamitous.

What he has on them must be nuclear. Hopefully he'll go full Cummings.

19 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Services to education?, my arse. You can't possibly be knighted for being so calamitous.

What he has on them must be nuclear. Hopefully he'll go full Cummings.

Nah, he'll take it, he'd love an ermine robe, life income and grand expenses.

Over his dead body is he going back to his natural level of hawking marble effect fireplaces to the monied people of the South East.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, he'll take it, he'd love an ermine robe, life income and grand expenses.

Over is dead body is he going back to his natural level of hawking marble effect fireplaces to the monied people of the South East.

I meant after the knighthood.

I hope people see this for what it is, but then again, peoples gullibility is what this bastard government thrives on.

Went for an interview today for a placement, doing a counselling course, at a cancer charity in liverpool. 

The manager was telling them the support the get from the gmnt is practically non existent and they have to rely on help from businesses etc.

She was saying the support for mental health services over the last 10 years has been shredded to the bone and there is a post covid time bomb out there.

Said it before but how any normal working people could even consider voting for that shower of utter cunts is totally baffling to me.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Went for an interview today for a placement, doing a counselling course, at a cancer charity in liverpool. 

The manager was telling them the support the get from the gmnt is practically non existent and they have to rely on help from businesses etc.

She was saying the support for mental health services over the last 10 years has been shredded to the bone and there is a post covid time bomb out there.

Said it before but how any normal working people could even consider voting for that shower of utter cunts is totally baffling to me.

I think it's a form of brainwashing, I honestly do.

They've got most of the media sewn up, unlike in the States where the opposite is probably true for their 'Conservatives'.

It's not just the press but the programming too. Daytime TV mostly revolves around property shows, second home shows etc, interlaced with stuff about bailiffs for the 'scumbags'.

Everyone's got their head up their arse chasing an ideal that's been outlined to them day after day. New build house, car each, job title with 'executive' in the title, kids that sing, dance and do karate - whether they want to or not, and a genetically designed dog. 

It goes beyond being told who to vote for, it's reinforcement of values, the notion that if you've got something, anything, worth having, it's because you're talented and hard working and you therefore now have a god given right to pontificate. If someone doesn't have these things, it's because they don't work and aren't talented.

The 'red wall' thing was made into a big deal at the last election, but it's been coming for years. The most hateful, right wing cunts I've ever met in my life have been 'working class' or 'aspiring middle class'. We've been spiritually re-engineered over the course of decades into being walking, talking products who view their kids as products and their public image as a product.

• Upvote 13

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The 'red wall' thing was made into a big deal at the last election, but it's been coming for years. The most hateful, right wing cunts I've ever met in my life have been 'working class' or 'aspiring middle class'.

Just riffing off this for a moment. I wonder if progressive politics has become something of a luxury. For instance, when I think about people getting on a soap box about poverty, it hardly ever seems to be poor people getting upset, but rather well off people getting upset on their behalf. Same applies to many of the other left-wing causes celebres, which appear to be the exclusive concern of the middle classes.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Just riffing off this for a moment. I wonder if progressive politics has become something of a luxury. For instance, when I think about people getting on a soap box about poverty, it hardly ever seems to be poor people getting upset, but rather well off people getting upset on their behalf. Same applies to many of the other left-wing causes celebres, which appear to be the exclusive concern of the middle classes.

There's some truth in that, but maybe it's because those demographics tend to be more educated and exposed to different ideas (at university for example).

Murdoch in particular seems to have a huge amount of influence on the attitudes of the working class whererver he has a foothold, be it here, the States or Australia.

New Zealand and Canada, where he doesn't, seem on the surface at least to be more liberal.

I think it's a powerful weapon to be able to slither your way into the ear and eye of someone with a simple message and keep repeating it, again and again. In all those countries the working class right winger seems to have values that tie into patriotism, monarchy (here at least), the military, not liking foreigners and the concept of 'the enemy within', lefties and the underserving poor.

Said it before, but the stormtroopers of Thatcherism were white van men, copy of the S*n on his dashboard and shit between his ears.

• Upvote 8