You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

There is an apex to all this.

You're popular until you're not.  

Another lockdown, and a lack of Xmas toys will push this along nicely. 

It'll be deflected. Look how quickly the NI hike was pushed off the front pages for some asinine immigration bollocks from Patel. It's too easy.

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Council tax rises of 5 to 6% next year being mooted now according to the tabloids. 

Councils are free to set the levels, but obviously they work within parameters.

I guarantee that the ‘levelling up fund’ will cover the difference in Tory areas and labour areas will face punitive cuts, nailed on.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Christ. I had more money ten years ago than I do now, constant fucking bill increases. 

10 years ago I was on only about £3k less than I am now, time and a half for O/T, I had a final salary pension scheme and 6 months full sick pay, 6 months 50% sick pay. 

I get no extra for bank holidays or O/T, no sick pay and a big standard pension. 

On 08/09/2021 at 08:27, YorkshireRed said:

At what point will enough people become angry enough to say no more!

There’s a second pandemic infecting these Islands, It’s called Apathy. Together with those other illnesses and ailments; Selfishness, Stupidity and Selective Blindness we are certainly a nation gripped by ill health. 

Save Our Souls. 

Spent a few seconds trying to figure out the clues.

Reads like one of @Trumo's match thread openers to be honest 

12 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Council tax rises of 5 to 6% next year being mooted now according to the tabloids. 

Which will hit poorer areas harder.

How is that levelling up going?

A huge chunk of the people in this country are considerably worse off then they were 10 years ago and this will probally get worse.

Yet those cunts are sitting on a huge majority. 

Go figure.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Which will hit poorer areas harder.

How is that levelling up going?

A huge chunk of the people in this country are considerably worse off then they were 10 years ago and this will probally get worse.

Yet those cunts are sitting on a huge majority. 

Go figure.

I'm not quite in the shit financially, but I'm definitely worse off! God knows how those who are in the shit financially are going to cope! More food banks for Boris to be proud of are no doubt on the way!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm not quite in the shit financially, but I'm definitely worse off! God knows how those who are in the shit financially are going to cope! More food banks for Boris to be proud of are no doubt on the way!

He's probably barely aware of them. He couldn't give a flying shit about anyone poorer than him. He doesn't care - yet people will still vote for him. He's just accumulating as much wealth for him and his mates while he can. 

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Aye , and some of them will be going straight from there to the polling booths to vote for the Tories. Assuming they have i.d. of course.

17 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Are they mooting a change to the law?  Because as it stands there is no upper limit on council tax PROVIDED THAT a referendum is held in each affected area.  Which people won't vote for. 

So, unless they're changing the pre-referendum baseline from 2.99% to 5.99% then it's not happening.  

Can't see it.  They've already stirred a hornet's nest with a NI increase.

The hikes in tax and undoubted new rounds of austerity will be blamed on Covid, nothing will be made of the fact that state money was often funnelled into the pockets of Tory pals for PPE and the likes which often didn't even work.

This is the future now. Capitalism has eaten through everything. The working class's income, the middle class's income, all gradually shifted into the pockets of the wealthy. When there was nothing left for us to spend they allowed us to borrow to spend instead, leading to debt, the credit crunch and all that shit.

Now the only people left with any money are the taxpayers, so it's time to chow down on that too.

There'll be an era of state spending, health and social care, infrastructure, military, whether any of it is needed or not, or whether it even works or not, will be by the bye, it'll simply be a way of transfering money from our pockets - again - into the pockets of the wealthy. Biscuit tycoons getting shipbuilding contracts, Priti Patel's brother's law firm getting bridge contracts. Your taxes going up to pay for it. That's the future of capitalism here now.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Razoray said:

Spent a few seconds trying to figure out the clues.

Reads like one of @Trumo's match thread openers to be honest 

Fear. Unemployment. Corruption. Kleptocracy. Thatcherism. Heartlessness. Evil. Terrorism. Odiousness. Racism. Inequality. Egregiousness. Shite.

I don't ask for much (just to be rid of these cunts).

• Upvote 5

Therese Coffey on the media rounds this morning...

'I’m conscious that 20 a week is about two hours’ extra work every week - we will be seeing what we can do to help people perhaps secure those extra hours, but ideally also to make sure they’re also in a place to get better paid jobs as well.'

Work harder and longer or get a better job, scum.

Nothing to do with the neoliberal destruction of industy and standards, or the erosion of community through successive cuts to funding for initiative and infrastructure, nope, just plebs not working hard enough in the race to the bottom economy.

I don't even think this is it, they have significant depths to plumb yet.

If you ignore Camerons reckless gambling on Scotland and EU referendums, his disastrous foreign policy and slash and burn austerity program, Camerons wanton destruction of the prison and justice system is enough on its own to qualify him as our worst prime minister in history. 

Below is one of the most boneheaded policy's ever to be implemented on its citizens by a British government, it really did defy belief. The picture of the minister responsible is a shuddering, sobering reminder of the Cameron years,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/26/prison-books-ban-writers-chris-grayling

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/05/prison-book-ban-unlawful-court-chris-grayling

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

If you ignore Camerons reckless gambling on Scotland and EU referendums, his disastrous foreign policy and slash and burn austerity program, Camerons wanton destruction of the prison and justice system is enough on its own to qualify him as our worst prime minister in history. 

Below is one of the most boneheaded policy's ever to be implemented on its citizens by a British government, it really did defy belief. The picture of the minister responsible is a shuddering, sobering reminder of the Cameron years,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/26/prison-books-ban-writers-chris-grayling

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/05/prison-book-ban-unlawful-court-chris-grayling

Give Johnson time, I'm pretty confident were on the verge of seeing a whole lot worse than those other cunts delivered.