You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No rises for the bottom or the middle bands, but here comes the huge suprise...

How much? There are fresh doubts over how the NHS is spending its money this morning on the front page of the Telegraph, where Gordon Rayner, Ben Riley-Smith and Chris Hope report the health service is hiring 42 new executives on staggering salaries of up to £270,000 each. Playbook hears seven of these roles could be paid the full £270,000 — almost double the salary of the prime minister. The government insists the number of megabucks execs is coming down from 100 to 42.

Then there will be the the consultancy fees, finders fees, completion fees and all manner of money being syphoned off, glorious stuff.

There was a story a few weeks back about how they had paid hundreds of thousands of pounds out for individual positions in 'head hunter' fees for public domain jobs.

EDIT: There must have been a big internal backlash and nobody wants anything to do with the SCB as they've sent Whately out to defend it.

Surprised its took then that long

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Been happening for years.

You used to be able to spot them as they were like word soup, but now they are much more refined.

Easiest way to spot one is to look at the creation date, amount of followers and topics commented on, if they are all low it's most likely a bot.

What a time to be alive, eh?

It’s not like we have a shortage of homegrown shitheads that the Russians need to bother, but it seems Putin knows Russia isn’t a superpower anymore, so he just wants to be a disrupter.. 

Priti Patel is just using the old Lynton Crosby trick of throwing a dead cat on the table because on brief inspection the tories yesterday broke three massive election pledges, the rise in National Insurance, the promise that no one would have to sell their home to pay for social care and pensions not now rising in line with wages.

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It would be nice to see that Bruce, but I don’t hold out much hope from the few news vox-pops I’ve seen this week from such Northern delights as Durham, Blackpool and Don Valley. The only area that held out any hope was a Sky News one in Chester which already has a Labour MP. Though to be fair, the majority of people I saw questioned on these were pensioners who won’t be paying any increase in NI unless they’re still working, and even then they’ll only be paying 1.25% of a likely more than decent salary.

Yeah, I saw those as well, depressing.

It's from reading around a few politico blogs and the polling and off the record stuff is showing a lot of pushback as the actual details come out.

I passed the point where I trusted the British public to see through this facade a long time back and am as cynical as you...

Just now, Gnasher said:

Priti Patel is just using the old Lynton Crosby trick of throwing a dead cat on the table because on brief inspection the tories yesterday broke three massive election pledges, the rise in National Insurance, the promise that no one would have to sell their home to pay for social care and pensions not now rising in line with wages.

Yep. They know full well a sizeable chunk of the population will quickly forget they are being shafted as long as the “buggers get sent back”. 

I see that horrible fucking cow Patel is announcing plans to turn the migrant boats round and send them back to France. Classic tactic of this cunt government, if ever you're feeling the tiniest bit of pressure and heat, get your mates to run a few articles about the IMMIGRANT HORDE and whip your base up.

This particular scenario is a real doozy as well. Because there's no way she'll be allowed to do it - it's contrary to maritime law and there's no way any other country will back us up on it. So we'll either do a watered down version of it that's barely what's announced and it'll be all "good old Priti, standing up for Britain and doing the right thing!" or we'll be thwarted and it'll be another set of "common sense blocked by left wing woke snowflake remoaners" headlines getting their base frothing at the gash again.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Manny said:

I see that horrible fucking cow Patel is announcing plans to turn the migrant boats round and send them back to France. Classic tactic of this cunt government, if ever you're feeling the tiniest bit of pressure and heat, get your mates to run a few articles about the IMMIGRANT HORDE and whip your base up.

This particular scenario is a real doozy as well. Because there's no way she'll be allowed to do it - it's contrary to maritime law and there's no way any other country will back us up on it. So we'll either do a watered down version of it that's barely what's announced and it'll be all "good old Priti, standing up for Britain and doing the right thing!" or we'll be thwarted and it'll be another set of "common sense blocked by left wing woke snowflake remoaners" headlines getting their base frothing at the gash again.

The worst thing about this nonsense is the BBC readily pushing it to the top of the news bulletins when they know full well its just distraction politics.

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

How can you read that and your blood not boil?

Nowhere near enough people will bat an eyelid at this. The levels of corruption, immoral behaviour and blatant profiteering, just doesn’t register.

Now share a tweet that a boat full of refugees, many of whom are fleeing from lives of unimaginable suffering, has made it across the Channel and watch the levels of rage soar. 

We’re done. 

• Upvote 5

Slightly ot but the civil service used to have a scheme in place where if you wanted to study,go to night school,learn a new language etc you could apply for a grant of anything upto £500.

Within weeks of getting into power the coalition had it abolished. 

These are the same party who crow about giving people opportunities  etc

I despise them with every fibre of my being.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Nowhere near enough people will bat an eyelid at this. The levels of corruption, immoral behaviour and blatant profiteering, just doesn’t register.

Now share a tweet that a boat full of refugees, many of whom are fleeing from lives of unimaginable suffering, has made it across the Channel and watch the levels of rage soar. 

We’re done. 

They are literally stealing money of people and the country shrugs its shoulders.

Its beyond reason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Depressing not just because of the content or the corruption but because it took right wing  spiv Harry Cole to unearth this shit, probably got a personal  gripe. Not a whimper from the Labour Party or left leaning journalists (bar the one below).

Gove is one of the main architects dictating a welfare system that has just taken 20quid a week off Britain's most vulnerable/low paid workers,

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

They are literally stealing money of people and the country shrugs its shoulders.

Its beyond reason.

I can't equate the fact that education standards are apparently far better than they were when I was leaving school , but there appear to be a far higher proportion of people who seem absolutely thick , have no knowledge of the world we live in and cannot carry a reasonable conversation.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

but there appear to be a far higher proportion of people who seem absolutely thick , have no knowledge of the world we live in and cannot carry a reasonable conversation.

I’d add; being devoid of empathy, breathtakingly shallow, overly materialistic, narrow minded, self absorbed, lacking in curiosity, an inability to be authentic and an unconscious fear of the unknown. 

And some other stuff. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Its beyond reason.

Saw plenty of tweets about the NI rise hitting the 'workshy' yesterday. How they'll have to give up booze and fags, etc. Plenty of vicious, thick twats out there.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I can't equate the fact that education standards are apparently far better than they were when I was leaving school , but there appear to be a far higher proportion of people who seem absolutely thick , have no knowledge of the world we live in and cannot carry a reasonable conversation.

I come to halt your fears Sir.

Boris Johnson when asked by a journalist the other day what in Britain has improved since he's become Prime Minister he replied "almost everything" when pressed on something more specific he replied "the greatest exam results in history; we've produced the smartest kids this country has ever known'

I hope youre now more reassured than myself Sir Rog but then unlike Boris's boffins I'm as thick as two short planks.

• Upvote 1