You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You have to wonder if it's public money being spent on accounts like that.

It is, it's funelled through 'Public response research' or something like that.

The idea being you put an idea out to test public mood against that opinion and that legitimises it's use as you get 'real world feedback'.

Obviously it's a farce, but they are almost beyond scrutiny with the majority they have.

Part of what Cambridge Analytica did, as did the company that Gove and Cummings had do a lot of research on 'covid attitudes' from and were exposed for.

The GLP won a case recently which exposed some of it.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It is, it's funelled through 'Public response research' or something like that.

The idea being you put an idea out to test public mood against that opinion and that legitimises it's use as you get 'real world feedback'.

Obviously it's a scam.

Part of what Cambridge Analytica did, as did the company that Gove and Cummings had do a lot of research on 'covid attitudes' from and were exposed for.

The GLP won a case recently which exposed some of it.

Every time I hear shit like this, I get by turn, angry and fearful at the direction this country is taking. Time for a drink I think.

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Yup, I know why it's done. My point is, in a supposed democracy, it's shady as fuck.

Both Australia and the US, amongst others, are currently working on legislation to reign it in, the UK is sadly not invlolved, more into the online harms bill which reduces freedoms surprisingly and reduces criticism of the government by law.

I don't think so much we're sleeping walking in, we've just been so browbeaten we can't keep up.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

They are trying to pass a law to stop journo's reporting on them. We need an uprising 

Good luck with that. Your protest will be illegal if it causes someone "annoyance".

The irony is that the Tories always get in on a ticket that Labour will be Stalinist and send everyone to the "gulag", when every single time, it's them who try to restrict peoples rights.

On 21/07/2021 at 12:33, Arniepie said:

I think without a doubt, this is without a shadow of a doubt the most despicable shower of cunts ,which has ever ran the country.

At least Thatcher Had the likes of hesaltine. 

How can any normal working person look at the likes of Johnson, gove,reece mogg etc and think..yep I'm sure they have my best interests at heart?

Back to the days of the Whigs and Tories. Someone should start a party representing the working class. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He kind of did the other week.

Made the news if i remember rightly.

Effectively without calling him a liar saying you lied and you're on notice as it's a resignation offence.

He's taking him apart every week and the comms team ae now much better it seems.

They should all back Butler now and come out in support, if you write to your MP they have to pass on your concerns to the house and if every MP, or even some, raise it it needs to be addressed by the speaker legally, it's the only way around not being able to call the fat, lying sack of shit a liar in the house without being expelled.

Butlers follow up...

I hope this gets traction as it's not something the press can ignore.

Yes mate, but if Starmer was to do exactly what Butler did there, stand up and say explicitly “You’re a liar, everyone knows you’re a liar, you’ve lied about this (insert one of the hundreds he’s told) you’ve lied about that (insert another)” And he continued like Butler did and got kicked out, just imagine how much that would cut through. He could speak to the BBC/ITV/Sky in the lobby straight afterwards and carry on calling him a liar and call it for what it is, the ridiculousness of him being asked to leave. It would be absolutely everywhere. 

Give the message to the public that it’s a choice between lies and honesty. 

Fuck parliamentary procedures. The government don’t fucking follow them! Attack, Attack, Attack. He’s a liar, rattle off his lies. Again and again and again. 

My mate knows Butler and she’s made up with her for that today. My mate is the regional women’s officer for us as well as our Branch media officer and she’s all up in a few other bits as well. The girl has Spina Bifida and these are all unpaid roles. She’s surviving on about four hours sleep a night because she’s so wrapped up in everything online and since the 2019 election and Covid most of the other people in the branch have disappeared or done fuck all. They’re town and borough councillors and she can’t even get them to put a few posts up on Facebook because they can’t be arsed. 

I’m made up for her today because that’s a big win for the women’s parts of the party too. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yes mate, but if Starmer was to do exactly what Butler did there, stand up and say explicitly “You’re a liar, everyone knows you’re a liar, you’ve lied about this (insert one of the hundreds he’s told) you’ve lied about that (insert another)” And he continued like Butler did and got kicked out, just imagine how much that would cut through. He could speak to the BBC/ITV/Sky in the lobby straight afterwards and carry on calling him a liar and call it for what it is, the ridiculousness of him being asked to leave. It would be absolutely everywhere. 

Fuck parliamentary procedures. The government don’t fucking follow them! Attack, Attack, Attack. He’s a liar, rattle off his lies. Again and again and again. 

My mate knows Butler and she’s made up with her for that today. My mate is the regional women’s officer for us as well as our Branch media officer and she’s all up in a few other bits as well. The girl has Spina Bifida and these are all unpaid roles. She’s surviving on about four hours sleep a night because she’s so wrapped up in everything online and since the 2019 election and Covid most of the other people in the branch have disappeared or done fuck all. They’re town and borough councillors and she can’t even get them to put a few posts up on Facebook because they can’t be arsed. 

I’m made up for her today because that’s a big win for the women’s parts of the party too. 

Tell her thank you for her efforts. She sounds ace. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That's where Starmer is at and positioning, part of his 'new' strategy, weather it works of not I have no idea, but that's the official party line, from someone who knows well enough for me to trust him.

Next is to emulate what Blair did at local and have strong local representation with a focus on local views, whilst giving a strong, simple national messgae, ironically this allowed Corbyn to not be deselected as the CLP wanted Blair to do in 1997.

The hope is that the Tories become too toxic even the papers can't hide it/back it, which we are at the point of, or will be soon, though we all know it is never an even playing field.

It's a gamble and the attacks will now be ramped up as we're 'clear' of the worst of covid.

PS. Kudos to your friends, glorious stuff!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Tell her thank you for her efforts. She sounds ace. 

I would pass the message on but then she’d find out that I lift a lot of political stuff off here to use in our group chats.  

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

PS. Kudos to your friends, glorious stuff!

Aye, she’s great. Her husband is probably the best friend I’ve made down here in Suffolk. He was round here on Saturday night just for a couple of beers which turned into one of those where he left at 4:30 and it was light outside when he left. 

They’ve just applied to put their lad, same age as Turdsette, into the same school starting in September. Both me and my missus are made up that we’ll see them every day and we’ll have the option of carpooling and stuff. 

Cracking timing as well because the bloke I normally stand with at picking up time (Chelsea GEEZER) has just moved his kid out of the school but that’s another story. 

• Upvote 1