You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Another testing pilot today. Great stuff. 

We're all in this together.

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak “will be conducting only essential government business” while taking part in a daily contact testing pilot after being pinged by NHS test and trace.

The British prime minister is reported to have had a lengthy meeting with the health secretary Sajid Javid, who has tested positive for Covid-19, at number 10 on Friday.

Instead of having to self-isolate, they will be taking part in the pilot which allows him to continue to work from Downing Street.

A spokesman said: “They will be conducting only essential government business during this period.”

There will be relief in Downing Street that Johnson will not be confined to home on so-called ‘freedom day’ on Monday when most statutory lockdown restrictions end in England, PA news reports.

However, the disclosure that the prime minister and chancellor have avoided the requirement to quarantine is likely to anger thousands of people being forced to miss work after being “pinged” by the NHS Covid app.

This government's arrogance is matched only by its incompetence, sleaziness and corrupt nature.

Has to be said, they've pulled quite the trick in perpetrating this whole culture war bollocks and in getting large sections of society to believe the real threat to their wellbeing, prosperity and Blighty are trustifarians called Giles and Annabelle that want to pull down statures of slave traders and use pronouns in their online bios.

8 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

That 33% wouldn't be the thick cunts on Facebook who love "are Boris" would it?

Yes but it's still a worrying percentage, I recall Thatcher only polling around the 23-27% mark and she still somehow won the upcoming elections. I know its not an election poll but the tories appear bomb proof.

Edit.. maybe a fair chunk of that 33% are Covid deniers who don't believe we should have any restrictions.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It will be a lot of thick cunts who don't believe in the reality of covid 

Those twats should be flogged in the middle of the town centre. Especially when they use terms like "Scamdemic". These cunts boil my piss as a family friend of ours is currently in ICU in a bad way because the branch of McDonald's she works in actively encouraged anti-vax theories and conspiracies banded around by the owners wife!

• Upvote 1

Nadhim Zahawi is on R4 and trying to defend Johnson for trying to slip isolation.

Its proper car crash stuff.

He’s being destroyed, why the fuck do they put themselves through this for Johnson.

He’s literally trying to twist the truth to say Johnson did a leaders thing by exempting himself from this made up trial and being fully shown up, madness.

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nadhim Zahawi is on R4 and trying to defend Johnson for trying to slip isolation.

Its proper car crash stuff.

He’s being destroyed, why the fuck do they put themselves through this for Johnson.

He’s literally trying to twist the truth to say Johnson did a leaders thing by exempting himself from this made up trial and being fully shown up, madness.

The man is an absolute cunt. Nothing the Conservative government has ever done has ever been wrong, ever. 

I would just repeatedly ask him to tell one mistake this government had ever made. He would not be able to bring himself to say anything.

22 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The man is an absolute cunt. Nothing the Conservative government has ever done has ever been wrong, ever. 

I would just repeatedly ask him to tell one mistake this government had ever made. He would not be able to bring himself to say anything.

Not using the electricity he stole of the taxpayer to electrocute the unemployed?

18 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Hmmm, weird how voter fraud considerationds didnt sway their interpretation of the very narrow Brexit vote. 

Do they therefore admit the Brexit vote was compromised? 

I don't get how they didn't kick off about Batley and Spen. They lost by 300 votes and either didn't even ask for a recount or the request got rejected. I would've expected Labour to have done the same if it was reversed too. I'd not be surprised if they realised Starmer was in danger and thought it best to let it go so he remained leader.