You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I know she’s not a Cabinet Minister but I’ve just watched Helen Whately being interviewed on BBC Breakfast. 

Looked her up and see she’s an Oxford University Graduate and former employee of PriceWaterhouse and McKinsey. I can only assume that this has been a ‘who you know, rather than what you know’ state of affairs as I’ve rarely seen someone so effortlessly incompetent. 

Well, other than half the Cabinet and the floppy haired shambles at its head that is. 

I think most of the top brass have been chosen for their loyalty or for their intellectual inability to overshadow the supreme leader. The consequences being that I bet virtually every department is just full of people shaking their heads all day long and trying to fix mistakes before they happen.

The country is a shambles politically but I think, thankfully, we've still got a very skilled civil service, medical and scientific community.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think most of the top brass have been chosen for their loyalty or for their intellectual inability to overshadow the supreme leader. The consequences being that I bet virtually every department is just full of people shaking their heads all day long and trying to fix mistakes before they happen.

The country is a shambles politically but I think, thankfully, we've still got a very skilled civil service, medical and scientific community.

Give 'em time.

One of their stated aims is to 'reconfigure' the Civil Service, we know they want the NHS privatised and are on manouvers and due to Brexit our scientists lose out on a wealth of grants for work which the government will not continue to fund and the ability to import/export expertise has become a lot more difficult.

The fix is in, big man.

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

They’re all bumming the one who looks like Chesney out of Coronation Street.

I think he is actually the Minister For Being Bummed. 

I think we do need a Minister for Sexual deviancy in politics  .  Gary Glitter will be out soon and will bring some much needed gravitas to the Cabinet. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Even Tories know that this Bill is an anti-democratic sack of shite.

I agree it's dodgey as fuck but why do people assume the Tories will benefit from this as opposed to their opposition, seeing as they're repurposing themselves as the party of the Leigh half-wit?

Who's more likely to bring the correct documentation to the polling booth, some liberal-ass do-gooder or someone who wants to send all the Poles back to Pakistan?

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

It shows how fucked a world we live in when you find yourself agreeing with David Davis more and more. 

I think this Bill will get bogged down in the Lords and end up being watered down considerably. 

Still a sack of shite mind

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I agree it's dodgey as fuck but why do people assume the Tories will benefit from this as opposed to their opposition, seeing as they're repurposing themselves as the party of the Leigh half-wit?

Who's more likely to bring the correct documentation to the polling booth, some liberal-ass do-gooder or someone who wants to send all the Poles back to Pakistan?

People from BAME communities, students and poorer people are all more likely to vote Labour  (even now!) and are all less likely to have proof of ID (passports, driving licences, utility bills, bank accounts, etc.) 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

The hedonistic, flat screen TV owning Great British public don’t care though, they factored it in with little input from the media. 

Sorry, I forgot I should refer to Britannia Unchained before espousing comment.

Sorry for not knowing my station, it’ll not happen again.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Apparently there is a super injunction regarding Gove and the identity of his new boyfriend. I’m probably breaking a law even saying that an injunction exists  but I’m relying on the word “apparently “ and the fact that Gove’s lawyers probably don’t read this thread. 

Funny how it’s ok for them to have all this privacy they they don't offer the same to others. Sarah Vine and her intrusive invasive judgemental columns but “please respect my privacy” twats. I’m not personally bothered one bit of Gove is gay I just wish they would get their scandals dragged through the media every single time not just when they need a sacrificial lamb. 

On 06/07/2021 at 08:42, AngryOfTuebrook said:

People from BAME communities, students and poorer people are all more likely to vote Labour  (even now!) and are all less likely to have proof of ID (passports, driving licences, utility bills, bank accounts, etc.) 

Spot on, they know what they are doing.

"The Elections Bill – introduced in Parliament on Monday – will scrap the 15-year-limit and allow any British expat to join the electoral roll and become a permitted political donor."

Lots of off shore donors will nw be able to make anonymous donations to individual MP's offices and larger ones to the party as a whole.

I bored of this now, they are just running roughshod over everything.

On 07/07/2021 at 19:52, Anubis said:

The jumped up shithouse bitch. "How dare anybody disagree with me"

Civil unrest will come from these cunts failure to consider anyone but themselves not making some sad cunts put a mask on for 10 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

"The Elections Bill – introduced in Parliament on Monday – will scrap the 15-year-limit and allow any British expat to join the electoral roll and become a permitted political donor."

Lots of off shore donors will nw be able to make anonymous donations to individual MP's offices and larger ones to the party as a whole.

I bored of this now, they are just running roughshod over everything.

Fucking great. Tax-dodging cunts get to choose the government; poor fuckers who actually live here get stripped of the vote.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fucking great. Tax-dodging cunts get to choose the government; poor fuckers who actually live here get stripped of the vote.

If organised properly, there are also 1.5m Brits in Europe who would like nothing better than the chance of revenge for Brexit