You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

46 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Here is her word for word...

E2EAk7ZX0AA7m-W?format=png&name=medium

The very definition of word salad.

All she ever says is data data data. One of those people who hasn't got a fucking clue but fully expects to be respected and how dare anyone question anything about anything to do with her.  

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Islamaphobia report just finally been released, the day before Cummings’ is in front of the select committee is purely coincidental, it’s scathing

https://singhinvestigation.co.uk/

Just it mentioned on the Beeb. It was given about 10 seconds before they moved on to a story about it raining quite a lot in Wales.

Nothing to see here, the British public don't care. time to move on...

https://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-took-almost-30000-from-non-trading-companies-records-show-2021-5?r=US&IR=T

'The Conservative Party pocketed nearly £30,000 from companies that were no longer trading at the time the donations were made, an analysis of Electoral Commission records and Companies House data by Insider has found.

Under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000, UK political parties can only receive donations from actively trading companies and they are obliged to carry out permissibility checks on all donations from companies.

However, Insider's investigation has found four donations from three companies that official records show were either dissolved or in the process of dissolution, with two of the donations received by currently serving government ministers.

Following Insider's findings, the opposition Labour party called for an official investigation into the donations. Anneliese Dodds MP, Chair of the Labour Party, told Insider: "This just doesn't pass the smell test. The Conservatives need to explain why it seems they pocketed tens of thousands of pounds from companies that only existed on paper. "The rules are clear: political parties must check that companies making donations are carrying on business in the UK. The Electoral Commission must launch an urgent investigation to find out what's happened here – and any breaches of the law should be punished fully."

I imagine this is the tip of the iceberg with smaller, non disclosed, sums,

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Picked up a Metro newspaper yesterday , don't think it is a specifically Tory read thing as it is given away free on buses and trains etc. but look at the letters responding to Cummings testimony.

20210528_125353.jpg

It’s owned by the Daily Mail group...

Goes largely  unmentioned we have a daily propaganda rag free and available to all.

• Upvote 1

I never believed Cummings revelations would gain much traction with the public. He has pissed too many people off and blatantly broken lockdown rules then admitted lying to cover his arse. I believe his allegations mind , just a pity they didn't come from a more credible source.   

On 25/05/2021 at 10:28, Jairzinho said:

Just it mentioned on the Beeb. It was given about 10 seconds before they moved on to a story about it raining quite a lot in Wales.

It is raining a lot in Wales mind, I can vouch for that.

40 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s owned by the Daily Mail group...

Goes largely  unmentioned we have a daily propaganda rag free and available to all.

Yeah the Metro down south is a cunt of a paper. Used to read it on the train when I worked in London (and the evening standard) and it's so fucking cunt driven biased bollocks it wouldn't be worth wiping your arse on. The northern version of the Metro seems a bit better, only small sections that are more Northern relevant but there is a definite difference. Everything seems driven to just believing and getting on with it regardless of the snide/sleaze etc. Talk out against it and you are instantly labelled a trouble maker. It's like the Hunger Games but with bigger cunts in charge. Mentioned it a few times on here but my favourite bit of Graffiti in London was on the side of a building on the train towards Kent out of Waterloo, just past Tower Bridge and it read "The witch is gone but the spell remains" It's knocked down now but it couldn't have been more true. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah the Metro down south is a cunt of a paper. Used to read it on the train when I worked in London (and the evening standard) and it's so fucking cunt driven biased bollocks it wouldn't be worth wiping your arse on. The northern version of the Metro seems a bit better, only small sections that are more Northern relevant but there is a definite difference. Everything seems driven to just believing and getting on with it regardless of the snide/sleaze etc. Talk out against it and you are instantly labelled a trouble maker. It's like the Hunger Games but with bigger cunts in charge. Mentioned it a few times on here but my favourite bit of Graffiti in London was on the side of a building on the train towards Kent out of Waterloo, just past Tower Bridge and it read "The witch is gone but the spell remains" It's knocked down now but it couldn't have been more true. 

Not on Rush Hour Crush again then.

May be fictional, but this is probably the best description I can think of for the UK at the moment.

256e3033066e703ddfc3b4f248e58dffdec9f47d

Exhibit A, m’lud.

The answer is you don’t, Linda. Because a substantial percentage of the UK is happy to bend the knee to them as along as they can keep their pathetic little crumb of the pie.

I’ve been reading about the intention to cut international aid from 0.7% of GDP to 0.5%. Equates to about £4 billion.

Supposedly it’s a temporary cut but given all the money wasted on things like Track and Trace it seems a harsh decision. 

Bob Geldof gave an impassioned argument against the cut on Andrew Marr earlier. I do understand the counter point of view but, on this, I’m with the Boomtown Rat.