You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Anyway away from the Labour sideshow the Tories chose Friday as a 'good news to bury bad news day'.

They dumped all the transparency data, which will take an age to wade through.

https://www.gov.uk/search/transparency-and-freedom-of-information-releases

Soem would conclude that they're trying to hide needles in haystacks.

This week sees the list of people who will be under investigate for impropriety in the Tories, Johnson will feature at least twice.

But, anyway, Burnham yadda yadda...

Tories looking to bring in photo ID requirements for voting, like the Republicans did in the US to supress the vote.

Labour should be all over this, as protest first, but then strategy next.

Anyone over the age of eighteen can get a free/minimal cost photo Labour membership, or thinking more broadly set up a fund for young people where donors pay for a provisional driving licence where they can not be afforded, I'd happily buy a couple as this is a delibrate voter suppression idea unless the Gov provides voter photo ID cards to all of the electorate.

As an aside Johnson has voted against id cards tweleve times and promised to 'eat it' if they were introduced under Labour, fancy that.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Tories looking to bring in photo ID requirements for voting, like the Republicans did in the US to supress the vote.

Labour should be all over this, as protest first, but then strategy next.

Anyone over the age of eighteen can get a free/minimal cost photo Labour membership, or thinking more broadly set up a fund for young people where donors pay for a provisional driving licence where they can not be afforded, I'd happily buy a couple as this is a delibrate voter suppression idea unless the Gov provides voter photo ID cards to all of the electorate.

As an aside Johnson has voted against id cards tweleve times and promised to 'eat it' if they were introduced under Labour, fancy that.

Good idea with the fund. I'd happily contribute to that. Voter suppression is insidious.

Gotta hand it to the Tories, they know what they're doing. Release the voter ID stuff on the same day they announce big lifting of restrictions. People will be too busy talking about going the pub and hugging their parents to even care about voter ID.

Crafty cunts.

15 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Gotta hand it to the Tories, they know what they're doing. Release the voter ID stuff on the same day they announce big lifting of restrictions. People will be too busy talking about going the pub and hugging their parents to even care about voter ID.

Crafty cunts.

Yep. 

I'd go on the daily mail and state how ID for voting is just the first step towards tyranny soon it will be ID for everything trampling on our freedoms an actual supposed conservative government bringing in intrusive big brother surveillance monitoring its citizens like we are prisoners, obedient or punished but I'm banned from the daily mail site and feel better for it.

The same people raging over face masks will be applauding ID.

• Upvote 1

Not linked to the voter ID though no siree ;  I m told NO10 are seriously considering a general election later in 2021 before the #COVID19 investigation begins & while the Vaccine bounce is still available (Post autumn booster) the Queen speech lays the legislation for an Early Election & voter suppression!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Not linked to the voter ID though no siree ;  I m told NO10 are seriously considering a general election later in 2021 before the #COVID19 investigation begins & while the Vaccine bounce is still available (Post autumn booster) the Queen speech lays the legislation for an Early Election & voter suppression!

Fucking cunts 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking cunts 

They really are I fucking detest all of them the fact that we have a Tory bitch in Wrexham wrankles with me and Chester has a Labour MP is in my mind disgusting ( I don't mind Chester having a labour mp by the way) 

13 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

There's a slim chance, but the better bet is the post boundry review in 2022/2023.

The covid report could take years and they'll do everything they can to stop a quick precis of initial findings being made public, which is the only real hope of concrete/damaging stuff coming out before the full report is published, apart from the contracts stuff with the GLP and Cummings select committee hearing soon.

Of course there is the option of a snap election to get a mandate on 'leveling up' which is simple smoke and mirrors, maybe, but I'd guess not, unless they are as opportunistic as possible.

Either way, it's a stitch up.

George Eustice is on the rounds this morning talking up the Gov's new animal protection bill, I can't think for the life of me where they got the idea for that, surely not the lastest baby moma of the PM who actively lobbies for this stuff all the time and worked/works for several charities, no, not that, never...

'Please Boriseyworrisey, please put something in the Queens speach about the fluffy bunnies and you'll not have to sleep in the shed again'

We have a stunted man child as PM led by his fucking dick.

If this wasn't so utterly appalling it'd be hilarious.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

George Eustice is on the rounds this morning talking up the Gov's new animal protection bill, I can't think for the life of me where they got the idea for that, surely not the lastest baby moma of the PM who actively lobbies for this stuff all the time and worked/works for several charities, no, not that, never...

'Please Boriseyworrisey, please put something in the Queens speach about the fluffy bunnies and you'll not have to sleep in the shed again'

We have a stunted man child as PM led by his fucking dick.

If this wasn't so utterly appalling it'd be hilarious.

She's typical of a lot of people now sadly, loses her shit over bottlenose dolphins but not that arsed about human beings queuing up for a foodbank.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Same party who wanted to repeal Foxhunting legislation?

It's almost like he's an inveterate liar and opportunist...

'Writing in the Spectator magazine, which he edited at the time, he confessed a love for hunting with dogs which in part stemmed from the “semi-sexual relation with the horse” and the “military-style pleasure” of moving as a unit.

The future prime minister argued that the imposition of the ban was “not about cruelty” but “a Marxian attack” by the Labour government on the upper class.

“It is a brutal and pointless liquidation of a way of life. They ban it just because they can; and the people I really despair of are those idiots who say that they ‘don’t care much one way or another'”, he wrote, adding: “About five or six years ago I went to see Blair, and asked him why he was banning hunting. ‘Oh, I’m not one of those who would go hunting on a Saturday, nor would I go out protesting,’ he said. Is it not therefore doubly revolting that he has imposed this tyrannical measure, and voted for it himself?”'

Who'd a thunk there was a silly article that showed him up to be a liar again, mad.

On 03/04/2021 at 10:56, Anubis said:

Ah, yes. Compulsory flags and ‘education’. 

Ok fuckhead. (Hunt, not you Anubis)

It's a flag representing Scotland St. Andrew, England St George, and Ireland St. Patrick. 

I would presume, and I'm just guessing here, that the majority of the Irish that have any affiliation with the flag would not want to be represented by the Catholic saint and the patron saint of the Republic of Ireland.

I would also assume that the Welsh that want to be part of the UK wouldn't mind having a representation of their country on the flag but hey ho. 

Anyway best of luck educating the eachers and pupils that probablyknow a fuckload more than you do about it - Moron. 

Watching Cameron squirm and try and justify trying to shaft the country, or his argument that he's too thick to realise that the people he was shilling for were trying to screw the country.

I knew what supply chain finance was before but hearing him explain it is the most Tory thing ever, effectively 'It takes forever to get an invoice paid by the government, so why not borrow the money from us in the intrim, for a small fee of course, and when you get the invoiced amount pay us back'

An essentially parasitic industy and nothing more than pay day loans in bigger amounts, better suits and more hyperbole.

Cameron is too stupid to realise he's been used and he's trying to justify his greed and stupidity, badly.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Watching Cameron squirm and try and justify trying to shaft the country, or his argument that he's too thick to realise that the people he was shilling for were trying to screw the country.

I knew what supply chain finance was before but hearing him explain it is the most Tory thing ever, effectively 'It takes forever to get an invoice paid by the government, so why not borrow the money from us in the intrim, for a small fee of course, and when you get the invoiced amount pay us back'

An essentially parasitic industy and nothing more than pay day loans in bigger amounts, better suits and more hyperbole.

Cameron is too stupid to realise he's been used and he's trying to justify his greed and stupidity, badly.

He "welcomes the inquiry" got me . Like a man with no legs getting a football for Christmas. 

Great to see anything that ruins Priti Patel's day.

Immigration thugs raided a house at dawn to arrest and deport a couple of blokes. At first, a few people obstructed the van to stop it driving the men away. Then the crowd grew and stayed there for about 10 hours, until...

Marina Hyde's Guardian column today on Cameron's Greensill hearing, I've not read the whole column, just the opening paragraph on Twitter and it's a cracker:

"Hauled before two select committees to answer for his Greensill lobbying role, David Cameron yesterday claimed his text to the treasury asking for a “rate cut” might in fact have meant to say “VAT cut”. As the former prime minister put it: “I think I’m a victim of spellcheck here.” A what now? Still, you’ll have nothing but respect for this excuse, which is basically: “I fear that I, a standup guy, have been autocorrected into a complete chancer.” And yet … on which phone software does VAT autocorrect to rate? I’m afraid I found it rather difficult to watch this section of the hearings and not think: can you ducking believe this aunt."

Brilliant stuff.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Moo said:

Marina Hyde's Guardian column today on Cameron's Greensill hearing, I've not read the whole column, just the opening paragraph on Twitter and it's a cracker:

"Hauled before two select committees to answer for his Greensill lobbying role, David Cameron yesterday claimed his text to the treasury asking for a “rate cut” might in fact have meant to say “VAT cut”. As the former prime minister put it: “I think I’m a victim of spellcheck here.” A what now? Still, you’ll have nothing but respect for this excuse, which is basically: “I fear that I, a standup guy, have been autocorrected into a complete chancer.” And yet … on which phone software does VAT autocorrect to rate? I’m afraid I found it rather difficult to watch this section of the hearings and not think: can you ducking believe this aunt."

Brilliant stuff.

Haha superb