You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Never knew this about Dyson and it makes sense why he has the ear of governement.

He is the largest owner of arable, farmable, land in the UK.

He bought swathes of it before Brexit, for reasons we can guess at.

https://whoownsengland.org/2017/09/19/why-is-james-dyson-hoovering-up-land/

Patriot indeed...

James Dyson came riding to the rescue of the UK with his plan for loads of ventilators, so it was only right that he took his concerns right to the very top, apparently, according to the Tories, their pals in the media and the bootlicking supporters of the party.

Interesting though that the first, overriding concern that needed to be addressed for SuperJames to come to the rescue was "can you make damn sure there'll be no tax paid." And the government's response? "We'll fix this."

One of the very worst fucking humans on the planet. Pure, unfettered scum.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

James Dyson came riding to the rescue of the UK with his plan for loads of ventilators, so it was only right that he took his concerns right to the very top, apparently, according to the Tories, their pals in the media and the bootlicking supporters of the party.

Interesting though that the first, overriding concern that needed to be addressed for SuperJames to come to the rescue was "can you make damn sure there'll be no tax paid." And the government's response? "We'll fix this."

One of the very worst fucking humans on the planet. Pure, unfettered scum.

And his hoovers are shit. Team Henry 4 life.

• Upvote 1

From the Sunday Times...

'There is hope for No 10 in the focus groups I sat through. Voters know Johnson is a bit of a rogue and more lax with the facts than most politicians. But many voters feel he does not pretend to be otherwise. As a former minister bluntly put it: “It’s hard to lose trust when no one trusted you to start with.”

What matters to these voters is that Johnson delivers improvements to their lives: new transport projects, better employment opportunities, high streets that function. Far from expecting him to stamp out Tory cronyism or second jobs, they hoped he would cut them in on the deal. They trusted he would get jobs and public money flowing to them, which he has promised with his “levelling up” and “build back better” slogans.'

Fucked, fucked I tell thee.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Phew.. that's ok then.. if someone in Government told Laura it must be true, nothing to see here, move along,

The texts show Dyson and Johnson mentioning Sunak in the third person. So the above may well to true but it is completely irrelevant to the point. 

I am sure Laura will have pointed this out in her next tweet. 

Read the initial report of the Dyson story on the BBC website yesterday and it comprised of some decent explanatory journalism by a BBC bloke , with an embarrassing fluff piece in the middle from you-know-who trying playing it down completely with a load of irrelevant Johnson-worship.

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Read the initial report of the Dyson story on the BBC website yesterday and it comprised of some decent explanatory journalism by a BBC bloke , with an embarrassing fluff piece in the middle from you-know-who trying playing it down completely with a load of irrelevant Johnson-worship.

I'll take a wild guess on "you know who"

They're circling the wagons, it's what they do.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I saw one argument this morning that it was actually Johnson who put it out there as he can easily brush it away with 'In national interest, did what we needed to do etc' so that he can deflect and leave an impression of a 'can do' government that was doing everything it could to save Blightly, when really they were creaming off in a time of national crisis, as there are a load of fresh GLP materials to be released and they contain the real gold. So by doing this they are planning their defence to those allegations which are more severe. Like what happened with Rayner and the Airpods claim where they stictched her up to mask their coming and going and tried to get the public to believe that 'they're all at it'.

The Cameron ones were to stitch up Cameron and Sunak, the latter has been conspicuous by his absence.

Remember these are journalists playing at politicians and know PR and spin inside out.

It has legs as Johnson massages the narrative that 'this Conservative government gets things done' as has been prattled on about for a while now.

We see right through it, others won't and will lap it up. 

Fuck me the bootlickers (and Bootlicker in Chief Laura K) still don't get it. Aye, lobbying happens. Aye, it was a national emergency, and shortcuts had to be taken.

BUT - this wasn't someone asking how he could make ventilators faster, or easier, or with less red tape. He wasn't asking if he could fasttrack though some sort of legal sign-off or something. He was demanding guarantees that he could make them without having to pay tax - so even when there are people dying from a (then) new disease burning through the world terrifyingly like wildfire, his instincts were that there was some way he could monetise this without having to pay a penny back to the state. He's a fucking cancer who needs lobbing in the fucking incinerator with the rest of the diseased medical waste.

And our Prime Minister's attitude to it? To just cave into his demands - actually, to just facilitate his demands to his exact specification. It's an utter shitshow, and the bootlickers out there up and down the country still believing this is some sort of white knight scenario deserve to get their fucking pensions raided.

35 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I saw one argument this morning that it was actually Johnson who put it out there as he can easily brush it away with 'In national interest, did what we needed to do etc' so that he can deflect and leave an impression of a 'can do' government that was doing everything it could to save Blightly, when really they were creaming off in a time of national crisis, as there are a load of fresh GLP materials to be released and they contain the real gold. So by doing this they are planning their defence to those allegations which are more severe. Like what happened with Rayner and the Airpods claim where they stictched her up to mask their coming and going and tried to get the public to believe that 'they're all at it'.

The Cameron ones were to stitch up Cameron and Sunak, the latter has been conspicuous by his absence.

Remember these are journalists playing at politicians and know PR and spin inside out.

It has legs as Johnson massages the narrative that 'this Conservative government gets things done' as has been prattled on about for a while now.

We see right through it, others won't and will lap it up. 

Perfectly on time...

Read the thread.

This is where we are - senior civil servants are having to take the Prime Minister to court for failing to enforce the code of conduct which would have protected them from the Home Secretary.

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/b/civil-servants-union-fda-bring-high-court-challenge-over-patel-bullying

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Is this really anti semitic? I presume Moggs talking about Ed Milliband, who is Jewish. 

I can’t see it. Rank hypocrisy and I’d love to kick the cunt out of him but I can’t see anything anti-Semitic there. What am I missing?