You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

On 03/04/2021 at 16:08, Bobby Hundreds said:

They are the BNP. No way is that The Conservative party any more. 

They are, because it works out brilliantly for them. They have millions of working class voters that previously voted Ukip or Labour that now vote Tory. As long as it stays this way its very very difficult for opposition parties to stop them getting a majority.

I hate Cameron more than any politician, including the current lot, it's hard for me to fully articulate why, I don't know why I hate him as much as I do - but my brain does.

He's the architect - by action or inaction - or Brexit, austerity and the cunt that opened the flood gates for the current new breed of Tory twat. Beyond that, he just seems like a mammoth gobshite, snide horrible public school bully who thinks he's far cleverer and articulate than he actually is. Someone on here once described Richard Madely as 'one of those people who's too thick to know he's thick'. that's how I characterize this twat too- a malevolent Richard Madely. 

• Upvote 1

He already has profiting from offshore funds and absolutely fucking Libya on his charge sheet - both while he was actually PM - and there were zero consequences, so I'd be surprised if he suffered even reputational damage for this.

The best you could hope for here is that there are some meaningful changes to lobbying rules on the back of the inquiry, but given the Tories' propensity to just straight up ignore any recommendations that aren't in their interests, I'd say even that's wildly optimistic.

Just now, Duff Man said:

He already has profiting from offshore funds and absolutely fucking Libya on his charge sheet - both while he was actually PM - and there were zero consequences, so I'd be surprised if he suffered even reputational damage for this.

The best you could hope for here is that there are some meaningful changes to lobbying rules on the back of the inquiry, but given the Tories propensity to just straight up ignore any recommendations that aren't in their interests, I'd say even that's wildly optimistic.

In Tory world though, all of these things are reasons to admire the man. Johnson, Osborne and the likes would think you were a sucker if they found out you weren't dodging taxes. As you know, we're not dealing with traditional morals here. 

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

In Tory world though, all of these things are reasons to admire the man. Johnson, Osborne and the likes would think you were a sucker if they found out you weren't dodging taxes. As you know, we're not dealing with traditional morals here. 

True, but even with something like this the press could give him a good kicking if they wanted to. Sadly, though, we live in a country where you're far more likely to get one for eating a sandwich the wrong way.

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

True, but even with a story like this the press could give him a good kicking if they wanted to. Sadly, though, we live in a country where you're far more likely to get one for eating a sandwich the wrong way.

Yeah conning the taxpayer out of millions of pounds gets brushed under the carpet but don't dare open a can of mojito on your train commute home. 

• Like 1

When Cameron was on the Jeremy Vine show plugging his boorish book Vine asked him for his one big regret as Prime Minister Cameron replied he should have issued more severe austerity measures in the first eighteen months of him being prime minister. Even Vine sounded dumbfounded. Cameron really is an absolute cunt of the highest order. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone remember George Osborne hinting for people to turn on neighbour's with their blinds closed all day? Could be benefit cheats. Or Nick Clegg mouthing some very strange crusade about "alarm clock Britain"? Apparently Cleggy was batting for those who put on a alarm clock and get up for work whilst the other half of Britain stay in bed and rinse the system. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12149705

History is one bad bitch, it ain't looking to kindly on Cleggy, Cameron and Osborne.

Same day as Huff Post UK’s new owners BuzzFeed canned half the news desk meaning less hassle for these to sow things up even more. 

We’re a banana republic with nukes, aircraft carrier with no planes type country now. 

Don’t think we’ll ever have a change now. I’m listening to a book on Reagan, and his policies then led to Trump, and it talked about something called the white backlash (after the civil rights era of the 60s). They’ve done the same thing here in UK. Sure they would have gamed how Brexit would split people. Get Brexit Done. Break the Red Wall. 80 seat majority. Cunts.

• Upvote 2

#TorySleaze is trending because people are pointing out the millions of pounds of taxpayers money getting siphoned off into tory and friends of tory pockets. The typical blue voter response?

#TorySleeze I remember the day John Prescott proudly announced he was catching the train from Scarborough to Hull (40miles) to save the environment then promptly got off at the first stop 3 miles away and got into his Jag. Point? People in glass houses.....