You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They'll just tell us to move on and we will move on.

All available under FOI and there are a lot of independent interested parties who’d like to take private cases of impropriety if they’re found, fuck I’ll fund one if it comes to it as there’s fucks chance I’m losing as the evidence is clear as day.

Any issues with FOI will shine a very unwelcome light on Goves’ clearing house, which doesn’t need the scrutiny.

The inquiry they can kick down the road, the individual cases once in the public domain they don’t have a chance of hiding.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

All available under FOI and there are a lot of independent interested parties who’d like to take private cases of impropriety if they’re found, fuck I’ll fund one if it comes to it as there’s fucks chance I’m losing as the evidence is clear as day.

Any issues with FOI will shine a very unwelcome light on Goves’ clearing house, which doesn’t need the scrutiny.

The inquiry they can kick down the road, the individual cases once in the public domain they don’t have a chance of hiding.

Shame on you, trying to gain political capital out of so many deaths etc. etc.

All innocent and to preserve democracy I assume.

GLP are in court again tomorrow for this to be revoked, absolute cunts, trying to bankrupt in to silence.

'Tomorrow, the High Court will hear our application for a cost capping order in our judicial review of Government’s decision to award huge PPE contracts to questionable counterparties.

We have been forced to apply for the order, which would cap the costs of both sides, after Government revealed it planned to spend an eye-watering £1 million defending the case. If we lose, Good Law Project would be liable for these enormous costs. And Ayanda and Pestfix – the fortunate VIP lane recipients of vast contracts to supply PPE much of which we now know to be unusable – are also asking for huge and, we are advised, inflated sums in costs. We are a small not-for-profit, funded by donations from members of the public. We cannot bear this kind of existential risk. 

In an attempt to defend its costs bills, Government has stated that in the last ten years at least 126 judicial reviews have cost over £100k. This may be true. Yet they fail to explain that between 2010-201910,692 judicial reviews were granted permission. In other words, judicial reviews that have cost over £100k represent a tiny fraction of all judicial reviews brought in this period. 

Notably, Government makes no attempt to explain how many judicial reviews have cost £1 million. Nor do we know why its costs for the three procurement judicial reviews brought by Good Law Project for which we know the costs (two of which were one-day hearings) are for more than £200k, more than £500k, and £1 million.

But you might think it has something to do with the types of points we are making. Last Monday, our case against Michael Gove showed that Dominic Cummings awarded a lucrative public contract to those he admitted were his ‘friends’. Last Friday, the High Court ruled Government had acted unlawfully by failing to publish details of COVID-19 contracts. 

And our judicial review of PPE contracts has already generated an admission from Government that it purchased £155m worth of facemasks that can’t be used by the NHS, fuelling countless newspaper headlines in the UK and around the world and prompting repeated scrutiny in the House of Commons. And it will get right to the heart of the highly troubling VIP lane largely populated by Ministerial contacts. And all of this before the case even reaches court.

Our litigation is exposing Government’s cronyism and failures to procure in the best interests of the British taxpayer. We want to continue. But we are a tiny organisation pitted against the resources of the state. Unless we are granted a cost capping order tomorrow we will not be able to.'

Some good(ish) news at least today!

https://goodlawproject.org/update/we-will-keep-fighting/

'We are pleased to be able to tell you that the Court has granted a cost-capping order in our judicial review over the award of huge PPE contracts, without advertisement or competition, to Pestfix (a pest control company), Ayanda (an opaque private fund owned through a tax haven), and Clandeboye (a confectionery wholesaler).

After Government said it would cost an unbelievable £1million pounds to defend the case, we asked the Court to cap our exposure to Government’s legal costs at £100k. We are a small not-for-profit that relies on crowdfunding. After reviewing our fundraising efforts for the case so far and looking at what we have saved for a rainy day, this is the figure we could afford. 

Instead, the Court has granted a cost-capping order of £250k. It means that if we lose the case, we are liable to pay a quarter of a million pounds to Government, as well as needing to cover our own legal costs. Despite huge support from members of the public, generous individuals and organisations, we are still short.  

But we will not be bullied out by costs. This case, which we are bringing alongside EveryDoctor, is simply too important.

In awarding the cost-capping order, the Judge seemed to agree:

“All citizens are likely to have an interest in whether or not the procurement on the part of the government is done using good governance procedures and integrity. And therefore there is a real wider public interest that has been represented by the claimant group, which is a not-for-profit group, in bringing this challenge”

We will fight this case to its conclusion. The case will be heard in Court in May. If you are in a position to donate to the legal challenge, you can do so here:

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/108million/'

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/the-great-gp-surgery-takeover-us-giant-seizes-five-practices-in-camden

'ONE of the biggest health insurance firms in the United States has seized control of a raft of GP surgeries – including four in Camden.

NHS-funded contracts at the King’s Cross Surgery, Brunswick Medical Centre, Somers Town Medical Centre and the Camden Health Improvement Practice for homeless patients, are now in the hands of a subsidiary of the Centene Corporation.

The takeover – which anti-privatisation ­campaigners say has been largely cloaked in secrecy and approved without any option for a public debate – also includes a contract for Camden’s “extended hours” GP service. The “change in control” affects 370,000 patients across London, with the new private partnership considering itself to now be “the leading provider of NHS primary care services in the UK”. Peter Roderick, an NHS campaigner who lives in Camden Town, said he had been “raging” since discovering the transfer had been authorised last week. He said: “The NHS operates as a public organisation and is not interested in making ­profits or having a private commercial interest. If you have companies running these surgeries, they will do what they can to reduce their costs. They have no place in the NHS.”

When asked what difference the US firm could make for current patients, Mr Roderick added: “Sometime down the line they will see what it will lead to. This is all part of a slow process of dismantling the NHS as it was originally founded. It is moving further toward the whole idea that the market, rather than a public service, is the only way of bringing improvements.” The surgeries’ transfer comes at a time when public confidence in the NHS is sky high following the successful rollout of the Covid vaccine, compared with criticism of private companies such as Serco’s handling of “test and trace”. The practices in Camden were already run by the company, AT Medics, which has for several years been expanding its portfolio of GP surgeries in the borough. Last autumn, 75 per cent of its shares were transferred to a new company called AT Medics LLP, a limited liability partnership. “When AT Medics became a subsidiary of the LLP, they were then able to pass on the shares to the subsidiaries of Centene,” said Mr Roderick. Mr Roderick is an expert on the field who co-authored the NHS Reinstatement Bill, which was backed by Labour during Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership of the party.

Companies House ­documents show how AT Medics has merged with Operose Health Ltd, which is a subsidiary of MH Holdings International, and in turn is owned by parent company Centene Corporation. Centene Corp – the 42nd richest corporation in the US – recently announced plans to slash 3,000 jobs in the US.'

6 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I'm convinced these fuckers look back on Victorian times as some kind of halcyon era when Britain was great etc. and are doing their best to take us back there.

Worse, a lot of the population do. 

Tories look back to a time where people like them were still fucking rich but poor people knew their fucking place and didn't expect things like weekends or schools.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Stickman said:

That should push the Tories polling figures up a few more points 

Probably will. Shadow chancellor Annalise Dodds will probably say we acknowledge these interiors need an update.

Labour needs someone who's as big a cunt as Trump, someone so thick and so thick skinned he dosnt care what he says and who he offends. If you play politics the establishment way you're on a loser now anyway  the cards are too heavily stacked.

Trump would hold a rally it would probably go "Boris the Bonzo getting charity to pay for his girlfriends new curtains, how sad for Britain. I've nothing against charity paying for things, some wonderful things, some beautiful things were paid by charity, beautiful things beautiful charities.Look at these marvellous old soldiers raising money for our NHS, millions of pounds to our beautiful nhs, and it is beautiful right? I was only saying to my wife Melania last night how beautiful our NHS is and of course  she agreed. Our beautiful NHS. Of course the people who raise money for it are the best of british, walking round gardens saving lives, up and down this great country of ours. Did Boris the Bonzo serve? No I dont believe he did. Our magnificent NHS and it is magnificent and the people who work in it are magnificent, arnet they magnificent? Our beautiful NHS made by a beautiful Labour Government, of course the lame stream media and the BBC dont tell you that, Labour made it, they break it, the people fix it. Boris the Bonzo wants charity to pay for new curtains. His wife Carrie wants new curtains. Is she his wife? No sorry its not his wife, it's his girlfriend, anyway whatever she is she needs new curtains and new furniture. Id say you the people want charity spent our magnificent nhs and I do too but I suppose that's up them.. of course the lame stream media wont report what you want only what Carrie and Bonzo Boris wants. Let's make our NHS great again. Now I'm off to make my golf swing great again.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Probably will. Shadow chancellor Annalise Dodds will probably say we acknowledge these interiors need an update.

Labour needs someone who's as big a cunt as Trump, someone so thick and so thick skinned he dosnt care what he says and who he offends. If you play politics the establishment way you're on a loser now anyway  the cards are too heavily stacked.

Trump would hold a rally it would probably go "Boris the Bonzo getting charity to pay for his girlfriends new curtains, how sad for Britain. I've nothing against charity paying for things, some wonderful things, some beautiful things were paid by charity, beautiful things beautiful charities.Look at these marvellous old soldiers raising money for our NHS, millions of pounds to our beautiful nhs, and it is beautiful right? I was only saying to my wife Melania last night how beautiful our NHS is and of course  she agreed. Our beautiful NHS. Of course the people who raise money for it are the best of british, walking round gardens saving lives, up and down this great country of ours. Did Boris the Bonzo serve? No I dont believe he did. Our magnificent NHS and it is magnificent and the people who work in it are magnificent, arnet they magnificent? Our beautiful NHS made by a beautiful Labour Government, of course the lame stream media and the BBC dont tell you that, Labour made it, they break it, the people fix it. Boris the Bonzo wants charity to pay for new curtains. His wife Carrie wants new curtains. Is she his wife? No sorry its not his wife, it's his girlfriend, anyway whatever she is she needs new curtains and new furniture. Id say you the people want charity spent our magnificent nhs and I do too but I suppose that's up them.. of course the lame stream media wont report what you want only what Carrie and Bonzo Boris wants. Let's make our NHS great again. Now I'm off to make my golf swing great again.

You don't need to be Trump to point all that out, just an actual opposition.

Labour need someone with charisma as desperately sad an indictment of the public that is but then charisma can be media created Boris isn't charismatic he's just a scruffy mumbling twat but the media paint him in a positive light. He can turn up anywhere like he's just been dropped by a fucking Eagle and nothing is said if Corbyns coat wasn't smart enough they were outraged, they took a picture of Milliband in the middle of biting a bacon butty and used it as an arguement if a man can't eat a butty more dignified can you trust him to run a country.

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You don't need to be Trump to point all that out, just an actual opposition.

They need someone not afraid to call out media bias. Trump for his millions of faults took the route of just calling the media all liars and totally bypassing them in his messages. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1403936/labour-news-lastest-angela-rayner-mps-expenses-apple-airpods-keir-starmer

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They need someone not afraid to call out media bias. Trump for his millions of faults took the route of just calling the media all liars and totally bypassing them in his messages. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1403936/labour-news-lastest-angela-rayner-mps-expenses-apple-airpods-keir-starmer

Yeah, good luck with all of that. We're stuck with varying degrees of right wing in this country. I'll keep voting for the least shit option, but I'm not going to waste my energy being bothered any more.

42 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Yeah, good luck with all of that. We're stuck with varying degrees of right wing in this country. I'll keep voting for the least shit option, but I'm not going to waste my energy being bothered any more.

Well it could be a case of spending 2 or 3 years derailing every interveiw with media bias ie the amount of foreign billionaires owning the printed press and the amount of tories at the top of the BBC. Just mention it in almost every speech . Plus just bang on and on about who made the health service.