You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Its not the time time to talk about mismanagement but as soon as the vaccine is mentioned they blow the party trumpet. A pandemic where people are dying is absolutely the time to be talking about mismanagement because sure as shit as soon as its deemed over we will be getting "we beat it" fucking mantra from the bastards regardless of how many died or suffered.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Every penny from that £20 billion on track and trace needs fucking tracking and tracing to see whose pockets its gone in. Its a scandal.

Of the 22b spent 11b has gone directly to friends or sponsors, the rest debatable, but there are links with a lot of them, though privacy has been kept on quite a few as, it’s assumed, they are offshore companies. 

This doesn’t take in to account a hell of a lot that needs to be accounted for.

The app payments are the one I’m most looking forward to as I think they’ll be astronomical and there was an open source one freely available which was proven to work. All the money spent on this is money taken from the public coffers for no reason. Hubris, arrogance, hypocrisy, nepotism and sleaze all in one lovely little a scandal.

This should do for them in any other time, but I don’t even know if ‘the public’ are near breaking point yet, but it has to come, surely? 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Of the 22b spent 11b has gone directly to friends or sponsors, the rest debatable, but there are links with a lot of them, though privacy has been kept on quite a few as, it’s assumed, they are offshore companies. 

This doesn’t take in to account a hell of a lot that needs to be accounted for.

The app payments are the one I’m most looking forward to as I think they’ll be astronomical and there was an open source one freely available which was proven to work. All the money spent on this is money taken from the public coffers for no reason. Hubris, arrogance, hypocrisy, nepotism and sleaze all in one lovely little a scandal.

This should do for them in any other time, but I don’t even know if ‘the public’ are near breaking point yet, but it has to come, surely? 

We're back to the message getting out again. My guess is that this time , they will have fucked the country to such an extent, that they won't be interested in re-election anyway. The papers will be told that they can run these stories and Starmer will walk it by virtue of not being Tory.

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

We're back to the message getting out again. My guess is that this time , they will have fucked the country to such an extent, that they won't be interested in re-election anyway. The papers will be told that they can run these stories and Starmer will walk it by virtue of not being Tory.

Even with the way that the press work in this country this year should bury them for a decade/generation if it's handled competently.

On every billboard in the land 'These cunts killed you Nan, your jobs and your future whilst lining their and their friends pockets'

I have no faith in the a large part of the British public to pay any fucking attention though.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I have no faith in the a large part of the British public to pay any fucking attention though.

Thats the problem. Boris Johnson could cut their mums head off and Rees-Mogg could curl one out into her neck on their doorstep and they'd still vote Tory because they aren't "woke, snowflake, liberal corbynites" 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Thats the problem. Boris Johnson could cut their mums head off and Rees-Mogg could curl one out into her neck on their doorstep and they'd still vote Tory because they aren't "woke, snowflake, liberal corbynites" 

Yeah, the 'culture wars' are a sad indictment of where we are as a species.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Its not the time time to talk about mismanagement but as soon as the vaccine is mentioned they blow the party trumpet. A pandemic where people are dying is absolutely the time to be talking about mismanagement because sure as shit as soon as its deemed over we will be getting "we beat it" fucking mantra from the bastards regardless of how many died or suffered.

Is right. Teflon fucking cunts. 

My understanding hits a brick wall when it comes to the people who still support these dribbles of weak piss. You'd think that with the worst death rate in the world, most people would be up in arms and demanding resignations. I just don't get it.

10 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

If ever there was an example of our news media not being fit for purpose, this is it.

She's great, but as you say negligable coverage so far.

The FT & Grun have covered it quite a bit, though it tends to get drowned out by the rest of the shitfest, it'll come though. I think the biggest problem is proof of wrongdoing and that might take time as these companies, don't laugh at the back, might come through with the goods, as unlikely as that is.

We know what's going on, they know what's going on, but until there is cast iron evidence there's not too much you can do, despite how fucking dodgy it quite clearly is.

The best coverage has, surprisingly, been The New York Times who seem to have a very special dislike for Alex and his cabal of cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 21/01/2021 at 16:14, mars said:

My understanding hits a brick wall when it comes to the people who still support these dribbles of weak piss. You'd think that with the worst death rate in the world, most people would be up in arms and demanding resignations. I just don't get it.

They're perceived to be more "laddish" and more patriotic than the alternative, and these are the qualities admired by a nation of simpletons.

• Upvote 2

On 21/01/2021 at 14:03, Bruce Spanner said:

On every billboard in the land 'These cunts killed you Nan, your jobs and your future whilst lining their and their friends pockets'

Nah. They never killed your nan. Other people did. The people who hold house parties and raves. People who only wash their hands for one verse of Happy Birthday.  Fat people.  Old people. Give it a few minutes, they'll find a way to blame refugees, Muslims and the EU. Anyone but the cunts who are supposed to be in charge. 

Anyone been following this Napier barracks stuff? Patel really is a vile bitch. It's clear we're going down the Australian route of making the experience so horrendous for asylum seekers that they won't bother trying to come here any more.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/31/asylum-seekers-dire-conditions-kent-napier-barracks-fire

Mr Austerity George Osborne takes a full time role as shareholder in an investment bank. No real surprise but although salary is undisclosed he's giving up all other work and another shareholder got paid 10mil last year so I'm guessing he wont need to put in overtime. Osborne has also given up a £630.000 a year sideline for one day a week at another bank to take his new role.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/01/former-chancellor-george-osborne-to-become-full-time-banker?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Mr Austerity George Osborne takes a full time role as shareholder in an investment bank. No real surprise but although salary is undisclosed he's giving up all other work and another shareholder got paid 10mil last year so I'm guessing he wont need to put in overtime. Osborne has also given up a £630.000 a year sideline for one day a week at another bank to take his new role.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/01/former-chancellor-george-osborne-to-become-full-time-banker?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

He got a degree in history, so clearly well qualified for a career in finance. Perhaps a case of not what you know, but who (taken from his Wiki page):

In 1993, Osborne intended to pursue a career in journalism. He was shortlisted for, but failed to gain a place on, The Times' trainee scheme; he also applied to The Economist, where he was interviewed and rejected by Gideon Rachman.[13] In the end, he had to settle for freelance work on the 'Peterborough' diary column in The Daily Telegraph.[14] One of his Oxford friends, journalist George Bridges, alerted Osborne some time later to a research vacancy at Conservative Central Office.

16 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

He got a degree in history, so clearly well qualified for a career in finance. Perhaps a case of not what you know, but who (taken from his Wiki page):

In 1993, Osborne intended to pursue a career in journalism. He was shortlisted for, but failed to gain a place on, The Times' trainee scheme; he also applied to The Economist, where he was interviewed and rejected by Gideon Rachman.[13] In the end, he had to settle for freelance work on the 'Peterborough' diary column in The Daily Telegraph.[14] One of his Oxford friends, journalist George Bridges, alerted Osborne some time later to a research vacancy at Conservative Central Office.

If only he'd stuck to writing the odd column that no one bothers to read. 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2151450/Pasty-tax-Greggs-leads-cheers-Osborne-abandons-hated-VAT-rise.html

This could have gone into a few threads, this was the first one I could find;

Oborne has book out about all of Johnsons lies. 

Has a pop at the media reporting lies as true without checking, BBC being cowards etc.

Really good point about both Johnson and Gove being very successful journals, expected to do great things, who decided to go into politics instead. Very interconnected relationships. 

Interesting approx 32:48 in were he talks about misleading and false statements made to the House of Commons, which is obviously not allowed. You can come back and correct an honest mistake but you can not just make false statements which remain on record. He has a list he is going to send to the Speaker of House, as that is his job to not allow false statements to be made on the floor of the house, but he just allows it.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

A good article about the state of U.K. at present. Could have put it in a couple of threads, really. 

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/under-boris-johnson-britain-is-quickly-sinking/?fbclid=IwAR3KTdjFlEKHwWTQ-HWs1AVxkKoz5NTLeNk7XtyDQSsugfMJmT33Yswtl44

Decent. Post more my good man. 

12 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

A good article about the state of U.K. at present. Could have put it in a couple of threads, really. 

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/under-boris-johnson-britain-is-quickly-sinking/?fbclid=IwAR3KTdjFlEKHwWTQ-HWs1AVxkKoz5NTLeNk7XtyDQSsugfMJmT33Yswtl44

Yeah like others have said good read that.

Now for a bit of balance Boris doing well in bringing Britains ethnic minorities together..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ethnic-minorities-adviser-samuel-kasumu-resign-b1798038.html