You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He also wants the uk to have state sponsored tech corporations comparable to any where in the world, but remember America has ‘Silicone Valley’ we have the ‘Silicone Roundabout’ so good luck with that, Dom!

Should point out it's Silicon Valley, Silicone Valley is... erm, something else.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Saw some patter a while back that he'd eventually go to work for Gove as they're both advocates of some kind of British big data Bond villain style project.

Here you go...

It's a report from earlier in the year about Dom's big dream.

https://theconversation.com/arpa-what-is-it-and-why-does-dominic-cummings-want-one-in-the-uk-130975

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Here you go...

https://theconversation.com/arpa-what-is-it-and-why-does-dominic-cummings-want-one-in-the-uk-130975

He does actually have some good ideas then, the little weasel. 

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Here you go...

1 minute ago, Numero said:

He does actually have some good ideas then, the little weasel. 

As if by magic...

He's read the right books, it's if he understands them is the question?

This is all too convenient.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

As if by magic...

He's read the right books, it's if he understands them is the question?

I actually know very little about Dominic Cummings. He seems like a berk, but I have an inherent bias against unelected Tories. It’s almost as strong as my bias against elected Tories. 

• Upvote 3

The way this paragraph for Wiki has a crescendo likening him to Robespierre, then suddenly crashes into the hedge is quite masterful. 

After attending state primary school, he was privately educated at Durham School[5] and Exeter College, Oxford, where he studied under Norman Stone,[6] graduating in 1994 with a First in Ancient and Modern History.[7] One of his former tutors has described him to the New Statesman as "fizzing with ideas, unconvinced by any received set of views about anything". He was "something like a Robespierre – someone determined to bring down things that don’t work."[4] Also in his youth, he worked at Klute, a nightclub owned by his uncle in Durham.[8]

7 minutes ago, Numero said:

I actually know very little about Dominic Cummings. He seems like a berk, but I have an inherent bias against unelected Tories. It’s almost as strong as my bias against elected Tories. 

He's a man with a laptop who has learned a few techniques from arseholes around the world as is prancing around like a genius.

Reality, he's an amoral grifter who is in thrall to highbrow ideas I don't think he fully understands the consequences of, but is convinced of his own genius.

Like I said before he's read all the 'right' books, but if he understands them is another matter.

Shouting at someone until they say you're right is not winning an argument, it's silencing people, maybe that's the plan.

It's all on his blog https://dominiccummings.com/ where he comes across as a bullied, over zealous sixth former with a thesaurus. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He's a man with a laptop who has learned a few techniques from arseholes around the world as is prancing around like a genius.

Reality he's an amoral grifter who is in thrall to highbrow ideas I don't think he fully understands the consequences of.

Like I said before he's read all the 'right' books, but if he understands them is another matter.

Shouting at someone that until they say you're right is not winning an argument, it's silencing people, maybe that's the plan.

It's all on his blog https://dominiccummings.com/ where he comes across as a bullied, over zealous sixth former with a thesaurus. 

The man still blogs. That’s a great sign. 

10 minutes ago, Numero said:

The way this paragraph for Wiki has a crescendo likening him to Robespierre, then suddenly crashes into the hedge is quite masterful. 

After attending state primary school, he was privately educated at Durham School[5] and Exeter College, Oxford, where he studied under Norman Stone,[6] graduating in 1994 with a First in Ancient and Modern History.[7] One of his former tutors has described him to the New Statesman as "fizzing with ideas, unconvinced by any received set of views about anything". He was "something like a Robespierre – someone determined to bring down things that don’t work."[4] Also in his youth, he worked at Klute, a nightclub owned by his uncle in Durham.[8]

That last bit’s brilliant 

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Reality, he's an amoral grifter who is in thrall to highbrow ideas I don't think he fully understands the consequences of, but is convinced of his own genius.

Shouting at someone until they say you're right is not winning an argument, it's silencing people, maybe that's the plan.

Blog blert

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Cummings has acquired knowledge that could bring down the government, particularly Gove and Johnson. It's no accident that he, backed by Putin and Bannon, became a Tory mandarin ruler and continues to do anything he likes.  

He's the worst thing to happen to politics in this country since Hayek. 

Vampire tits is never a bad thing. 

I hope he has a terrible 'accident' involving a toaster, a chainsaw and a pack of wolves. 

Conservative MP Sir Bernard Jenkin said it is time to restore “respect, integrity and trust”, which he said have been “lacking in recent months” between No 10 and Tory MPs.

“It’s an opportunity to reset how the Government operates and to emphasise some values about what we want to project as a Conservative Party in Government,” the chair of the Commons liaison committee told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

“I’m not surprised in a way that it is ending in the way it is. No prime minister can afford a single adviser to become a running story, dominating his Government’s communications and crowding out the proper messages the Government wants to convey.

“Nobody is indispensable.”

Note that it's not to restore "respect, integrity and trust" between the public and the government. Party first, country a distant afterthought as ever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Note that it's not to restore "respect, integrity and trust" between the public and the government. Party first, country a distant afterthought as ever.

Yeah, but it gives them another opportunity to reset the clock, blame everything that has happened before on someone else and it's a new beginning with a brand new Tory regime. This government is just days old, don't judge us on what has happened before. Brexit and covid disasters will be blamed on Cummings and now Boris the basher is going to conquer Europe, get us deal of the century and knock out covid with a vaccine or two. 

• Upvote 2

Just the start of what we all knew was coming, Operation Reset. Now that Brexit is almost done it’ll and a vaccine on the horizon it’ll soon be time for Johnson to go quietly into the night. Mistakes made. Need to reconcile and move forward. Brave new world. Etc, etc,