You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Ha! If ever a headline told a story.

Indian child poverty charity offers free school meals in the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/27/indian-child-poverty-charity-offers-free-school-meals-in-uk

unlike members of the Tory cabinet, this charity are categorically not Indian givers.

fantastic initiative.

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just a reminder of who the real cunts are.

Hundreds of millions of pounds of our money has gone - and is still going - into the trough for their friends and backers. People are paying for this with their lives.

Now is not the time for questions, you're politicising the virus etc. etc. Dont expect a big deal to be made of this in the mainstream media anytime soon 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Already being covered in the guardian by Monbiot.

Maugham is doing some amazing work.

Agree with you on Jolyon Maugham; but a quick look on the Guardian website is, predictably, wall to wall AS 'crisis'. Again.

The awarding of these contracts and alleged cronyism should be headline news until the corrupt fuckers are exposed for what they are.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Agree with you on Jolyon Maugham; but a quick look on the Guardian website is, predictably, wall to wall AS 'crisis'. Again.

The awarding of these contracts and alleged cronyism should be headline news until the corrupt fuckers are exposed for what they are.

It’s easy to prove yourself right when you only look for what you want to see.

Two recent articles and a link to his blog.

They have also been covered in the live blog on a daily basis, I’m not linking those as I’m too fucking lazy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/15/coronavirus-contracts-government-transparency-pandemic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/21/government-covid-contracts-britain-nhs-corporate-executives-test-and-trace

https://www.monbiot.com/2020/07/19/contract-killers/

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I can see a couple of opinion pieces, not front page headlines - which is what I said. Thanks though.

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Look, I don't disagree that there is reporting on this - I guess I think it's more of a big deal than is being made of it.

And we fully agree on that, it’s a genuine scandal, but the paper chains have to be checked, verified and proven.

It’ll take time, but there’s a load of political capital to be made from this being done proper.

• Upvote 1

I still can't believe they let him hold his own presser and went on a 30 mile car trip to test his eye sight and that was fine, we were told to move on so we did. Even Gove said thats a way he would test his eye sight. Its a joke. Cummings should of been sacked, how they reacted to what he did totally undermined the entire lockdown and in my opinion it made them wrongy remove restrictions too early. Cummings, Gove and Boris are the worst things to happen to this country in decades followed by Rupert Murdoch, the mail online the pandemic, Jeremy Hunt, Iain Duncan Smith and Priti Patel.  Cunts cunts cunts.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I still can't believe they let him hold his own presser and went on a 30 mile car trip to test his eye sight and that was fine, we were told to move on so we did. Even Gove said thats a way he would test his eye sight. Its a joke. Cummings should of been sacked, how they reacted to what he did totally undermined the entire lockdown and in my opinion it made them wrongy remove restrictions too early. Cummings, Gove and Boris are the worst things to happen to this country in decades followed by Rupert Murdoch, the mail online the pandemic, Jeremy Hunt, Iain Duncan Smith and Priti Patel.  Cunts cunts cunts.

All that yeah, but the bit that really, really fucking irritated me was that he rocked up half hour late with no apology, or even an attempt at contrition for the delay.  

Utter contempt.

52 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

All that yeah, but the bit that really, really fucking irritated me was that he rocked up half hour late with no apology, or even an attempt at contrition for the delay.  

Utter contempt.

Yeah that was a fucking disgrace that. Completely not arsed whatsoever. I can see him getting done in big time in the future. 

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They fucking hate Hancock over at the Hail.

Calling for his head on the hour, every hour.

This is manna from heaven for them.

Edit: Both the guardian and FT have covered it, quite substantially as well. Unless he means specific instances.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

He's probably safe until they really need a scapegoat.

He’s safe until Brexit is over, at which point he’ll walk/be ousted/be bought off and a new incumbent will be brought in to tell us how mistakes were made under the old regime but now is the time to pull together and move forward with renewed hope and under new and exciting management. And Doffers everywhere will lap it up.

• Upvote 2