You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mate of mine is an ex councilor and used to help out at a foodbank in South Liverpool and he said there were people there who had decent jobs at law firms and such, but after they'd paid their rent/mortgage they were broke due to family breakups, settlements etc. The idea that it's only working class people who need help is bollocks too. 

Absolutely anyone can land on their arse at a moment's notice, in fact I suspect a good many of those preaching how easy it all is now - might find  themselves in such a boat over the next 12 months or so. 

It's funny though, the entitlement. I've dealt with some middle class folks who've suddenly found themselves in need of universal credit. 

Quotes include: "They're making me live off savings before they'll give me anything, but it's not savings it's money from the sale of a house."

"They're making me live off savings but that's not savings I'm saving up to start my own business." 

Usually accompanied with 'I've paid taxes all my life'. 

So 'paying taxes all your life' (that's very kind of you by the way, nobody asked you to do that) means you don't have to live by the rules that you don't mind other people living by, because....you want a new house? 

It was cunts agogo during the credit crunch too. I remember this helmet on Sky News who'd been a company director bemoaning the fact the Job Centre didn't help him find a job. Yeah no shit, dickhead. 

If the narrative became it can happen to "hard working tax payers" they would no longer have the lie about caring for society.

It is easier to condemn people for being feckless, rather than admit you are a selfish cunt.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Marcus Rashford's Twitter is amazing today. The lad seems to have started the much needed revolution. 

I seen one comment saying focus on your football lad! The guy is a city fan and his picture is pickford tackling VVD. He may aswell of named his twitter account "hey look im a massive twat"

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mate of mine is an ex councilor and used to help out at a foodbank in South Liverpool and he said there were people there who had decent jobs at law firms and such, but after they'd paid their rent/mortgage they were broke due to family breakups, settlements etc. The idea that it's only working class people who need help is bollocks too. 

Absolutely anyone can land on their arse at a moment's notice, in fact I suspect a good many of those preaching how easy it all is now - might find  themselves in such a boat over the next 12 months or so. 

It's funny though, the entitlement. I've dealt with some middle class folks who've suddenly found themselves in need of universal credit. 

Quotes include: "They're making me live off savings before they'll give me anything, but it's not savings it's money from the sale of a house."

"They're making me live off savings but that's not savings I'm saving up to start my own business." 

Usually accompanied with 'I've paid taxes all my life'. 

So 'paying taxes all your life' (that's very kind of you by the way, nobody asked you to do that) means you don't have to live by the rules that you don't mind other people living by, because....you want a new house? 

It was cunts agogo during the credit crunch too. I remember this helmet on Sky News who'd been a company director bemoaning the fact the Job Centre didn't help him find a job. Yeah no shit, dickhead. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/06/14/universal-credit-pandemic-12830605/amp/

You’ll love this guy. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Woade said:

Love to see her ‘foraging for apples’ on some of the estates round here.

37AD6A7B-3F31-42B8-A572-626B06B456FD.jpeg

She’s deleted it after receiving numerous pictures of deprives areas that are conspicuously lacking in apple trees.

Still, be on the lookout for road kill, kids.

On 17/10/2020 at 08:35, Mudface said:

Remember when keeping the UK's triple A rating was the most important thing EVA? Then Osborne's disastrous austerity policies made us lose it, and suddenly, apparently it didn't really matter.

The AAA rating was downgraded due the the Brexit vote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36644934

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

#BreakingNews | Mayor Joe Anderson has announced he will be funding free school meals over the half-term - feeding approximately 19,800 children in Liverpool.

Way to go big man.

He's doing it by halving his portion size.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Morgan sums the cunts up, wasn't she taking pot shots at johnson and the tories not long ago until they bought her off? Hammond too. Not one of them has got a backbone.

She’s a strange one, lost her seat then given a peerage, like Goldsmith.

All very odd, kind of like they know where the bodies are buried and need to be kept sweet...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

She’s a strange one, lost her seat then given a peerage, like Goldsmith.

All very odd, kind of like they know where the bodies are buried and need to be kept sweet...

I think Johnson and his mob 'manage' people the way a domestic abuser does. If you don't do what they want they unleash hell, if you do they ease off. Eventually, the absence of abuse is in itself felt to be a benevolent act. Take the whip off you, axe you from cabinet, bully you, toe the line and you're tentatively embraced again with a peerage or a word in the shell like of someone who's looking for a consultant for six figures doing one day a week. 

"I came home today and he didn't throw his egg and chips at me, people don't see this tender side." 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Marcus Rashford's Twitter is amazing today. The lad seems to have started the much needed revolution. 

Restored my faith in humanity a little bit. So many little organisations prepared to step up to the plate.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

What a fella this lad is.

I don't care who he plays for, but this lad should be applauded onto the pitch by fans all over the country when this Covid thing is over.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

What a fella this lad is.

I don't care who he plays for, but this lad should be applauded onto the pitch by fans all over the country when this Covid thing is over.

Sports Personality Of The Year as well I reckon. Not only does he deserve it but it would also piss the Tory establishment right off. 

• Upvote 2