You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I'm scared it may not even be the 'final' phase, Section.

I think it has to be whether they want it to or not, when you've got three men in the States with the same amount of money in the bank as the poorest 50 million, that's unsustainable in a capitalist economy. 

The problem has been building since Thatchers' day, the simple truth that you can't run a consumer economy when the consumer has no money. Something like two thirds of young people live with their parents now, most people have barely if any savings.  

Under New Labour and ever since, we fueled consumer economy with debt and we still do. Can't afford a car? We'll create a lease industry instead so we can still build them, feel secure in taking on  that debt safe in the knowledge your house has held its inflated value. 

No money to buy town centre apartments? No bother, we'll turn them into apart-hotels for the Stag do crowd. No money to spend in town, down the shops and for meals out? Fine, we'll attract students who've got loads of disposable income, all of which is - erm - debt. 

It's kind of baffling watching the economy eat itself. You had the credit crunch and states bankrupted themselves to patch up the damage, now we've actually taken the brakes off again and are sleepwalking into another debt nightmare. What happens when the private and public sectors are both broke at the same  time?

It's all very well being a billiaonire, I just don't know where they expect to spend their money when there's no town centres, no restaurants left and the streets are unsafe. Maybe they don't think that far ahead, I suspect they don't.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’ll just leave this here as an illustration.

the perpetual lip service lie that is wanting children from deprived areas to experience 'upward mobility'

stay in your hole, know your place and suffer through no fault of your own by being demoralised and humiliated from the off.

do not not pass go, do not collect 200 pound

• Upvote 2

Always amazes me how little quality control these people exert in booking guests. Someone like Gordon Brown or John Major or even Ed Balls would have something to say on economics you can imagine, but some bank pays George Osborne - a grade A spastic who's widely regarded as being the most financially illiterate chancellor in living memory -  to sit on its board. 

It must just be like a strange sort of showbiz, 'I've got tickets to see (insert name of politician off the telly here)' rather than actually hope they've got anything interesting or insightful to say.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's all very well being a billiaonire, I just don't know where they expect to spend their money when there's no town centres, no restaurants left and the streets are unsafe. Maybe they don't think that far ahead, I suspect they don't.

They don't need to.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Corrupt cunts. Nothing will come of it. The media wont report it. 

Sshhh move along nothing to see here,   if this was some tinpot African dictatorship it would cause some eyebrows to be raised but the corrupt Tories are in a league of their own regarding this level of Corruption 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Although nothing that they've ever done should have made this a surprise, last night actually shocked me. The casualness of speeches. The passing of the blame due to absentee parents, IMO a dig at the black community similar to the jibes thrown at Rashford, the clamour to make someone correctly labelling them scum the big news. 

This vote should be at the front of every newspaper and the headline of rolling news.

GOVERNMENT VOTES TO LET CHILDREN STARVE

Some of the kids in my school come in hungry every day. Their school dinner, at the moment a sandwich and crisp effort due to covid, is the only meal they'll have until the fruit we sneak them the next morning to avoid embarrassing them. I've seen kids pocket other kids leftovers in their bags and a colleague told me of a time they caught a kid eating a glue stick. An actual gluestick because they were so hungry, but embarrassed to ask due to the stigma. 

Everyone who enabled these cunts into power should be ashamed of themselves and they need to be told.

How come Paulie? My lads school are still having full dinners as usual.

Imagine being from TEESIDE and voting for Tory MPs then one says this bollocks. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teesside-tory-mps-explain-voted-19149140

Mr Young said he had a problem with the voucher scheme itself, and even said he'd been told that parents had used the £15 a week vouchers on "alcohol, tobacco or on unhealthy food" during the holidays.

Mr Clarke said the issue "comes back to a wider point" he felt was vitally important: "I believe personal responsibility matters - looking after your own family."

17 hours ago, Stickman said:

Great tweet by Rayner 

@AngelaRayner

It's their new policy for vulnerable and needy kids Keir. Eat nowt to help out.

Yeah, is fucking right. What the fuck is wrong with this country. I can't believe that we act as a society, a country, and as a species the way we do. Self interested scumbags.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, is fucking right. What the fuck is wrong with this country. I can't believe that we act as a society, a country, and as a species the way we do. Self interested scumbags.

It's what happens when the psychopaths are in charge. This is the thing a lot of people don't seem to get, they DO NOT care whether you live or die, they just have to pretend they do because we still live in some sort of semi-Christian state where that type of stuff is frowned upon. So you get this weird 'two facedness' where people at the top pretend they care, while underneath nothing changes. You see it everywhere, Prince William lecturing about mental health from his palace while the NHS sends you a link to a self help app, black lives matter campaigns that result in Uncle Bens changing their logo and post boxes in Bristol being painted black. 

Our UK/US  society is a giant gank and grab with a swish PR operation on the side. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's what happens when the psychopaths are in charge. This is the thing a lot of people don't seem to get, they DO NOT care whether you live or die, they just have to pretend they do because we still live in some sort of semi-Christian state where that type of stuff is frowned upon. So you get this weird 'two facedness' where people at the top pretend they care, while underneath nothing changes. You see it everywhere, Prince William lecturing about mental health from his palace while the NHS sends you a link to a self help app, black lives matter campaigns that result in Uncle Bens changing their logo and post boxes in Bristol being painted black. 

Our UK/US  society is a giant gank and grab with a swish PR operation on the side. 

Yeah, it's about the size of the crumb they sweep from the table and about the size of the bone they throw the dogs. It's unbelievable. I had a proper long rant on the phone with my brother about it all the other night. 

5 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, it's about the size of the crumb they sweep from the table and about the size of the bone they throw the dogs. It's unbelievable. I had a proper long rant on the phone with my brother about it all the other night. 

The likes of these shysters and the republicans operate like Al Capone, they either buy you off or bully you. 

People like that benefit from the fact most people don't want any aggro. Let's face it, no corrupt ruling class has ever been removed unless it was through violence. 

The French resistance could skin a pair of balls every bit as well as your biggest cunt Nazi.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Let's face it, no corrupt ruling class has ever been removed unless it was through violence. 

Yeah, it's a crazy time. They're getting more and more adept at just keeping people ticking over, skimming their part, making their mates richer, and then quitting and working for loads of money. I hate the cunts. 

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Imagine being from TEESIDE and voting for Tory MPs then one says this bollocks. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teesside-tory-mps-explain-voted-19149140

Mr Young said he had a problem with the voucher scheme itself, and even said he'd been told that parents had used the £15 a week vouchers on "alcohol, tobacco or on unhealthy food" during the holidays.

Mr Clarke said the issue "comes back to a wider point" he felt was vitally important: "I believe personal responsibility matters - looking after your own family."

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Always relevant;

“The theories that drunkenness, laziness or inefficiency are the causes of poverty are so many devices invented and fostered by those who are selfishly interested in maintaining the present states of affairs, for the purpose of preventing us from discovering the real causes of our present condition.”
 Robert Tressell, The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists

This should be one post. 

• Upvote 1