You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

A Tory millionaire who has just been given £3,300 pay rise has spoken

Nadhim Zahawi said parents didn't like the 'label' of meals being free and prefer to pay a 'modest sum' - as he refused Marcus Rashford's call to extend free school meals over half-term

Nadhim Zahawi (@nadhimzahawi) | Twitter

A multi-millionaire Tory has said poor parents "actually prefer" to pay a "modest sum" for their kids' meals.

Nadhim Zahawi made the eyebrow-raising claim as he refused Marcus Rashford's call to extend free meals over the school holidays.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-millionaire-says-poor-parents-22874743?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

A Tory millionaire who has just been given £3,300 pay rise has spoken

Nadhim Zahawi said parents didn't like the 'label' of meals being free and prefer to pay a 'modest sum' - as he refused Marcus Rashford's call to extend free school meals over half-term

Nadhim Zahawi (@nadhimzahawi) | Twitter

A multi-millionaire Tory has said poor parents "actually prefer" to pay a "modest sum" for their kids' meals.

Nadhim Zahawi made the eyebrow-raising claim as he refused Marcus Rashford's call to extend free meals over the school holidays.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-millionaire-says-poor-parents-22874743?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

The Tory cabinet is chock full of despicable characters, but I really hate this cunt with a passion.

Edit: The Tory party is chock full of despicable characters.

Apologies for the mistake.

57 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

They've all got their noses in the trough, but that was taking the piss.

It worries me this snouts in the trough talk because as I've said before, it's being done by people to alienate people from their politicians and the political process. Think about who it is who peddle this stuff the most? LBC right wing jocks, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express. 

They will slam 'MPs' but they won't slam Johnson, the Tories or the actual government itself. No, the source of their ire is 'MPs'. What's the ultimate goal of that I wonder? When you go knocking on doors trying to drum up support for Labour it's the feeling of voting being 'pointless' or 'they're all the same'. 

They're quite clearly not. The level of financial depravity and outright corruption shown by this tory government is off the scale. they're not all the same - some, mostly usually Tory - are far, far worse. 

Said on here before but I work for an MP, we got that 10k increase for expenses when Covid kicked off, it was painted by the usual suspects (Nick Ferrari, Daily Mail and all those other cunts as an 'MP payrise') but it was supposed to be for the cost of doing our work from home. 

Because everyone is so shit scared of being pulled up, we haven't touched a penny of the money as an office, so I incur the costs myself, use my own phone, own laptop, own broadband etc. At the height of the pandemic I was doing 10 hour days trying to help people looking for assistance with grants, benefits, food deliveries, you name it. Most don't appreciate it and you're only one Brexit vote away from getting a death threat, but that's how it goes. 

Even before that, it was the worst job I've ever had in terms of the basic niceities of working in an office.  Buy your own kettle, clean your own desk, kind of shit people (including in the public sector, which is also taxpayers' money) take for granted. 

This all stems from a deliberately toxic environment that's been whipped up over a few years and it's not to the benefit of you or I, that's for damn sure. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

It worries me this snouts in the trough talk because as I've said before, it's being done by people to alienate people from their politicians and the political process. Think about who it is who peddle this stuff the most? LBC right wing jocks, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express. 

They will slam 'MPs' but they won't slam Johnson, the Tories or the actual government itself. No, the source of their ire is 'MPs'. What's the ultimate goal of that I wonder? When you go knocking on doors trying to drum up support for Labour it's the feeling of voting being 'pointless' or 'they're all the same'. 

They're quite clearly not. The level of financial depravity and outright corruption shown by this tory government is off the scale. they're not all the same - some, mostly usually Tory - are far, far worse. 

Said on here before but I work for an MP, we got that 10k increase for expenses when Covid kicked off, it was painted by the usual suspects (Nick Ferrari, Daily Mail and all those other cunts as an 'MP payrise') but it was supposed to be for the cost of doing our work from home. 

Because everyone is so shit scared of being pulled up, we haven't touched a penny of the money as an office, so I incur the costs myself, use my own phone, own laptop, own broadband etc. At the height of the pandemic I was doing 10 hour days trying to help people looking for assistance with grants, benefits, food deliveries, you name it. Most don't appreciate it and you're only one Brexit vote away from getting a death threat, but that's how it goes. 

Even before that, it was the worst job I've ever had in terms of the basic niceities of working in an office.  Buy your own kettle, clean your own desk, kind of shit people (including in the public sector, which is also taxpayers' money) take for granted. 

This all stems from a deliberately toxic environment that's been whipped up over a few years and it's not to the benefit of you or I, that's for damn sure. 

Fair point, but that really was taking the piss.

You can understand people being up in arms when some twat tries to use taxpayers money to clean his moat under the guise of expenses for being an MP, particularly when the country was being clobbered with austerity by an unfeeling, uncaring government.

He wasn't on his own either. MP's from both sides of the house were at it. 

Our MP allegedly put a claim in for Mars bars and Kitkats for fucks sake.

I appreciate the difficulties your job involves and I'm sorry for the pressure you find yourself under and I also appreciate the good things some MP'S do for their constituents and the intensity of the job they do (with the assistance of their staff), but perhaps if they hadn't been so brazenly greedy in the first place people might not think so ill of them.

Edit :  I must add though that I do understand the increase for Covid, that makes sense, I must also add that my disdain is mainly towards the Tory MP'S who made the poorest people poorer and cut everything to the bone for nothing more than ideological reasons.

Bastards every one of them.

28 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Fair point, but that really was taking the piss.

You can understand people being up in arms when some twat tries to use taxpayers money to clean his moat under the guise of expenses for being an MP, particularly when the country was being clobbered with austerity by an unfeeling, uncaring government.

He wasn't on his own either. MP's from both sides of the house were at it. 

Our MP allegedly put a claim in for Mars bars and Kitkats for fucks sake.

I appreciate the difficulties your job involves and I'm sorry for the pressure you find yourself under and I also appreciate the good things some MP'S do for their constituents and the intensity of the job they do (with the assistance of their staff), but perhaps if they hadn't been so brazenly greedy in the first place people might not think so ill of them.

Edit :  I must add though that I do understand the increase for Covid, that makes sense, I must also add that my disdain is mainly towards the Tory MP'S who made the poorest people poorer and cut everything to the bone for nothing more than ideological reasons.

Bastards every one of them.

Yeah I agree with that.

I'm just extremely cynical about the people who perpetuate this stuff in the media.

Trump for instance, was a product of 20 years of 'the system' itself being bashed rather than the particular prrsidents making most of the decisions, the idea being that it's not worth engaging with. 

I think this is what led to Brexit to an extent too, I won't engage with this system, or differentiate between good and bad politicians or different parties, but will just not engage at all unless it's to take the opportunity to kick that system in the balls.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I agree with that.

I'm just extremely cynical about the people who perpetuate this stuff in the media.

Trump for instance, was a product of 20 years of 'the system' itself being bashed rather than the particular prrsidents making most of the decisions, the idea being that it's not worth engaging with. 

I think this is what led to Brexit to an extent too, I won't engage with this system, or differentiate between good and bad politicians or different parties, but will just not engage at all unless it's to take the opportunity to kick that system in the balls.

The Mail, Express, LBC and Nick Ferrari et al have got an awful lot to answer for.

Let's see what they have to say when food, gas and electricity  prices go up and there's mass unemployment  on a scale not seen before, all because they wanted to leave Europe. 

I wonder if their opinions change then.

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

The Mail, Express, LBC and Nick Ferrari et al have got an awful lot to answer for.

Let's see what they have to say when food, gas and electricity  prices go up and there's mass unemployment  on a scale not seen before, all because they wanted to leave Europe. 

Well it wont be their fault thats for sure. 

22 hours ago, Section_31 said:

This is my experience of local government as well, it's fucking toxic, I've been on the same grade for 10 years or more now, despite doing more and more.  We buy all our own office bits, and we're accused of not knowing what hard work is.  Obviously, mostly pensioners and guest-house owners seem to perpetuate that one, oh, and builders obviously.  

Public sector v private sector is a joke.  I've done both, and the public sector is a worse experience hands down.

I've worked for tv companies, for hotels, for guest houses, for builders, for pubs, for a theme park, for call centres, you name it.

I know what work looks like, you fucking thick bell-ends.

But going back to the big picture, of heightened angst about MPs and public sector, what is the end game?  Why perpetuate the myth? So that SERCO and the private sector can run everything?  Ok, but don't you think that the public will stop thinking about SERCO as private and will instead start considering them to be public sector?  Of course that will happen, the public are not going to suddenly get used to a world without local authorities, it's not going to happen.   

• Upvote 1