You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

She backed a law which would have deported her parents, I think that, as a starting point, tells you all you need to know...

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/watch-priti-patel-admits-new-immigration-system-could-have-stopped-her-parents-moving-to-uk

It's like with Javid stood on patrol boats in the Channel, you don't need to be Carl Jung to figure out what's gone wrong there. It's like Carragher when he commentates on our games. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's like with Javid stood on patrol boats in the Channel, you don't need to be Carl Jung to figure out what's gone wrong there. It's like Carragher when he commentates on our games. 

There’s a psychological term for it which for the life of me I can’t remember.

But as a woman/minority etc in a white mans world you need to ape and surpass as a way to fit in. So you would find their bête noire and make a point of doubling down on it to ‘prove’ you’re one of ‘them’.

Patel seems to have taken the nuclear option and become the devil incarnate and completely lost what is unique about her, see also Mirza who is conducting the race commission investigation. 

There’s a huge amount of insecurity and self loathing that goes in to this.

• Upvote 1

Patel's folks were Ugandan Asians weren't they? Moved around by the Empire as a administrative/higher ranking class in conquered dominions. I have found in my experience that a lot of the people form this background are extremely right wing. I think it's something about the rejection of the notion of the state due to Idi Amin's atrocities, seeing Britain as a beneficial patrician country and being located in the south east during; an economic boom, right to buy and the exponential explosion of property, while having the typical immigrant work ethic means a lot of their views on the world align with traditional conservative party tenets.

There is also a lot of pulling up the draw bridge with the Asian community who immigrated in the 60's, and 70's, a reasonable chunk of those I know voted for Brexit and spoke in terms that had the hallmarks of worry and concern about others taking their jobs and replacing them that one would expect in older rural white voters or those in areas of economic decline.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

Patel's folks were Ugandan Asians weren't they? Moved around by the Empire as a administrative/higher ranking class in conquered dominions. I have found in my experience that a lot of the people form this background are extremely right wing. I think it's something about the rejection of the notion of the state due to Idi Amin's atrocities, seeing Britain as a beneficial patrician country and being located in the south east during; an economic boom, right to buy and the exponential explosion of property, while having the typical immigrant work ethic means a lot of their views on the world align with traditional conservative party tenets.

There is also a lot of pulling up the draw bridge with the Asian community who immigrated in the 60's, and 70's, a reasonable chunk of those I know voted for Brexit and spoke in terms that had the hallmarks of worry and concern about others taking their jobs and replacing them that one would expect in older rural white voters or those in areas of economic decline.

You just have to follow the news in India to see that there's a lot of right-wing and nationalist sentiment. It's not surprising that there'd be the same trait here even if a lot of my community have been here several decades. 

Most telling thing about that video was the audience, what a panoply of cookie-cutter twats. They never look quite normal when they're trying to give the impression of having fun do they that lot? Reminds me of those business breakfast brunches people go to. 

"Hey how are you? Nice bacon sandwiches."

"Yeah, money money money, have you got any money? How can I make some money out of you?"

"So have you travelled far?"

"No not really money. Money money. Got any money?" 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Most telling thing about that video was the audience, what a panoply of cookie-cutter twats. They never look quite normal when they're trying to give the impression of having fun do they that lot? Reminds me of those business breakfast brunches people go to. 

"Hey how are you? Nice bacon sandwiches."

"Yeah, money money money, have you got any money? How can I make some money out of you?"

"So have you travelled far?"

"No not really money. Money money. Got any money?" 

His jazz hand while he is singing alone means that whole circus should have been nuked 

• Upvote 1

On 08/10/2020 at 11:25, Mudface said:

Disgraced former Defence Secretary Liam 'Traitor' Fox is out of the running for the WTO director position-

Fox is a mega cunt. 

I’ve told this story before but it makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Fox is my ol fellas MP, dad was working nights at the time, he’d got home went to bed and was woken three times by the phone. He’s just nodding off again and the doorbell is going and someone’s knocking at the door. 

He’s majorly pissed off at this point, goes rushing down stairs and opens the door only wearing a pair of y-fronts to find Liam Fox stood there asking if he could count on his vote in the upcoming election? 

Dad called him every cunt under the sun, to fuck off and never come back. 

Just as he slammed the door he saw HTV news were filming it for the evening news. They never did use that footage unfortunately. 

• Upvote 5