You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They all are? You can tell that how, by looking at them? 

totally agree on Patel, she’s vile.

Yeah, maybe some of them are gap-year students from Syria, enjoying dangerous sea crossings in overcrowded boats because, y'know, that's exactly what people do.

Don't be a prick.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, maybe some of them are gap-year students from Syria, enjoying dangerous sea crossings in overcrowded boats because, y'know, that's exactly what people do.

Don't be a prick.

I’m not. But you can’t possibly know they are all seeking asylum.  

ive no issue with them by the way, must be fucking terrible being in a dinghy in the busiest shopping lane in the world 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

ive no issue with them by the way, must be fucking terrible being in a dinghy in the busiest shopping lane in the world 

It's not an unreasonable assumption that people from war-ravaged countries making dangerous journeys aren't coming here to visit the famous spire of Salisbury Cathedral.  In fact, it would be wrong-headed in the extreme to assume anything other than they're here seeking asylum. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Why aren't they applying for asylum in France though ? I think these people are being taken advantage of by the traffickers (mostly organised crime) who tell them all lies about life in the UK compared to France to encourage them to spend up to £5k each on the crossing. It is in the interest of both the UK and the French Government and ultimately the people themselves to stop these dangerous journeys and either keep these people in France where they are safe or bring them here in a structured way until their asylum claims are processed. The Channel is a very dangerous place and one day a lot of people are going to drown if this process carries on unchecked. 

You might be right but a lot more people have claimed asylum in Germany and France compared to the UK. Maybe many have relatives here? I'm sure the traffickers do play a part but don't assume they are all after coming to the UK. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Why aren't they applying for asylum in France though ? I think these people are being taken advantage of by the traffickers (mostly organised crime) who tell them all lies about life in the UK compared to France to encourage them to spend up to £5k each on the crossing. It is in the interest of both the UK and the French Government and ultimately the people themselves to stop these dangerous journeys and either keep these people in France where they are safe or bring them here in a structured way until their asylum claims are processed. The Channel is a very dangerous place and one day a lot of people are going to drown if this process carries on unchecked. 

They've heard tales of blerts with 3 Porsches. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Probably needs a separate thread but wherever one stands on the political spectrum (and I am not where people seem to think I am) I think we can all agree that the current situation of people risking their lives in little boats in the channel is not right and should be addressed by both the UK and French Governments. I don't think anybody is advocating that nobody does anything, the issue is what to do ? 

*Goes to cabinet and cleans musket*

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Probably needs a separate thread but wherever one stands on the political spectrum (and I am not where people seem to think I am) I think we can all agree that the current situation of people risking their lives in little boats in the channel is not right and should be addressed by both the UK and French Governments. I don't think anybody is advocating that nobody does anything, the issue is what to do ? 

The only sensible and humane approach - which is, of course, the exact opposite of the one advocated by cunts like the Daily Heil, Nigel Farridge and Pritti Patel - is to facilitate safe, legal means of transit to the UK.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Bit snidey that about a bloke thats only been here a month but paid more than you having been here over 10 years.

Can someone put that clapping gif on here? 

(Although I wouldn’t be surprised if he paid a sub on an account he doesn’t use). 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The only sensible and humane approach - which is, of course, the exact opposite of the one advocated by cunts like the Daily Heil, Nigel Farridge and Pritti Patel - is to facilitate safe, legal means of transit to the UK.

Could you do quotas?  We agree to take x% of all claims and spread them around the world equally?  Although that leaves the problems of splitting up families.  

* I don’t mean equally, I mean fairly. 

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Aren't they all asylum seekers until they're "processed" at which point their legal status is determined?  What we don't know is what situation they are fleeing from, and if they will eventually be classified as refugees.  I think it's probably fair to say that if they're risking their life they're not fleeing a nice situation, so whatever their legal status becomes they deserve some empathy from the get go.

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The problem is that the UK (Government) has no interest in bringing them here in a structured way.  

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Could you do quotas?  We agree to take x% of all claims and spread them around the world equally?  Although that leaves the problems of splitting up families.  

* I don’t mean equally, I mean fairly. 

iirc there was a proposal of the European Commission a few years ago that EU Member States should take their fair share of refugees, to ease the strain on Greece and Italy. Unfortunately, most Member States rejected it, because they were governed by cunts.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

But then do you give them free movement throughout Europe ? These poor people are already in France, they just want to come here instead. There's no appetite amongst the electorate for a more flexible immigration policy, quite the opposite. Its political suicide to say anything other than platitudes. 

Apply in the first safe country you meet, then international agreement to divide applicants amongst all countries.  Once they’ve got asylum people have all the rights in their new country.  We aren’t in Europe so why is that an issue? 

16 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

And then what ? they have their claims processed but what do you do with the people who don't qualify for asylum. Where do they go ? Back to France or back to the Yemen or Syria ? I don't know the answer but I don't think many people do. Its a political fudge between appeasing the Daily Mail readers and the reality of what can be actually achieved by a liberal democracy in a fucked up world of wars and dictatorships. The population of the Yemen is 30 million people. Most of them would probably be better off living somewhere else in western Europe at the moment but how do you square that with an politically acceptable immigration policy. Nobody knows as far as I can tell

The problem is that what is "politically acceptable" is, to a large degree, dictated by the handful of racist billionaires who own the media.  They have no interest in doing what is right for the country, let alone the desperate humans trying to find safety here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Rico and A red seem to be the only ones who obsess over who pays to use the site.

* strokes chin 

Hmmmmmm

Garthe-Knight-1-500x375.jpg

I don’t know what that picture means. 

I do know that someone who tries to police other people’s use of the site, whilst not contributing a penny is out of order. It’s not as if he’s trying it out before committing. He’s a proper cunt IMO. 

My usual pub analogy applies. He’s sitting in a pub, joining in conversations, calling people out, but not buying a pint.  He’s not poor, he can easily afford it, but chooses not to pay.  If he couldn’t afford it, fair enough, but he’s here everyday.  If he wasn’t your mate you’d agree. 

• Upvote 1