You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

On 25/06/2020 at 07:33, Mudface said:

Refused permission? Are the Tories copyright holders or something?

Roughly translates to. 'If you dare publish anything that might show us to be the corrupt shower of cunts we are, then we might have to bring the licence fee back to the table'.

Just now, Dougie Do'ins said:

Roughly translates to. 'If you dare publish anything that might show us to be the corrupt shower of cunts we are, then we might have to bring the licence fee back to the table'.

Aye- I think at this point though, with so many Tories being parachuted into the BBC, getting rid of the licence fee would be welcomed by them.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I wish it was a witch hunt and it ended with this cunt being drowned.

I usually quite enjoy watching interviews with the current Tory Cabinet. It’s a good opportunity for letting off a little steam by shouting at the television and lambasting their ineptitude and general levels of corruption.

This fucker has stolen my biscuit though. I can’t bare to look at her, let alone listen to anything she’s got to say. That smirk of hers has done for me. If it’s death by a thousand smirks then I’m at least three quarters of the way there.

A need for self preservation means I just can’t watch. Luckily I still get a degree of comfort from still being able to poor scorn on Robert Jenrick, but even that small pleasure could be taken from me soon. 

9 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Cummings at work again ?

Sir Mark Sedwill: UK's top civil servant steps down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53210773

Yep, it's him and Gove's pet project. He wants to 'shake up' the civil service. Fuck knows what clusterfuck awaits. He fancies himself as some kind of aspiring Elon Musk though so I imagine you'll start seeing career civil servants replaced by app designers and the likes.

9 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Cummings at work again ?

Sir Mark Sedwill: UK's top civil servant steps down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53210773

Yes.

If you have a spare half hour and the patience of a saint it’s laid out here.

https://dominiccummings.com/

Part of the reason the two offices were merged as well.

It’s a right royal carve up as they’d say.

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

If only all this was somehow predictable before the last general election.

It's grimly fascinating to watch as Johnson is basically ripping up everything the Tory party claims to value. He's lied to the Queen, seemingly isn't too concerned about national balance sheets, is about to dismantle the civil service, has sent establishment stalwarts like Hammond packing, doesn't seem to have much concern for the judiciary. He's like some ungodly tory spawn that mutates and then sets about eating its parents.

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's grimly fascinating to watch as Johnson is basically ripping up everything the Tory party claims to value. He's lied to the Queen, seemingly isn't too concerned about national balance sheets, is about to dismantle the civil service, has sent establishment stalwarts like Hammond packing, doesn't seem to have much concern for the judiciary. He's like some ungodly tory spawn that mutates and then sets about eating its parents.

You could add about another paragraph worth of corruption and malfeasance to that list, and yet somehow, a Corbyn-led Labour government was just as unpalatable a proposition according to the great analytical minds of our pundit press, because reasons.

It's actually quite a handy guide for working out if a hack is worth listening to, tbf. Did they spend the time between 2017-19 telling you there really was no choice at all, and to do things such as "vote tactically for a hung parliament", thus demolishing the only realistic chance of the Tories being defeated? Yes? Well, then they're not at all worth taking seriously because they're either a). utterly fucking useless at political analysis, and/or b). a disingenuous shithead.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/exclusive-property-tycoons-gave-tories-more-than-11m-in-less-than-a-year/

"Many of the property tycoons who have donated to the Conservatives in the past year would qualify to become part of the Leader’s Group of top donors where, for a minimum of £50,000 a year, they can attend quarterly meetings with the prime minister and senior cabinet ministers. Conversations are off the record."

MV5BMTYzOTg5NjcyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDg3

• Upvote 1