You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WWF Draft Discussion Thread

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Didn't he have a rivalry with Crush? 

I just looked him up on YouTube and the first result was a mania match against crush, another doink ran in and started battering him with a prosthetic leg

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I just looked him up on YouTube and the first result was a mania against crush, another doing ran in and started battering him with a prosthetic leg

Haha Wrestlemania 9 that was such a shit Wrestlemania.

Undertaker v Giant Gonzalez had a ridiculous finish aswell as the Doink match then after the main event Hogan somehow becomes champ.

Best match was Tatanka v HBK

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I just looked him up on YouTube and the first result was a mania match against crush, another doink ran in and started battering him with a prosthetic leg

Peak WWF 

Widely regarded as the worst Wrestlemania ever I think 

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

Haha Wrestlemania 9 that was such a shit Wrestlemania.

Undertaker v Giant Gonzalez had a ridiculous finish aswell as the Doink match then after the main event Hogan somehow becomes champ.

Best match was Tatanka v HBK

Giant Gonzalez was turd. He was quite good as El Gigante in WCW, but that costume thing he wore in the WWF was rubbish.

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm not sure

I only watched consistently up to around 20 maybe. I remember Wrestlemania X being a stand out

I had Wrestlemania 5 on video, that was one of my favourites.

Hart foundation v Rhythm & Blues

Hulk Hogan v Macho Man

Brainbusters v Strike Force

Mr Perfect v Owen Hart

Twin Towers v The Rockers

Glad I didn’t play this now as I don’t even recognise half the picks. I only really know the 90-94 era wrestlers plus the massive later ones like the Rock etc...

I would have been forced to pick the likes of Brutus the barber Beefcake, Texas Tornado and Greg the hammer Valentine as my knowledge ran out. 

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Glad I didn’t play this now as I don’t even recognise half the picks. I only really know the 90-94 era wrestlers plus the massive later ones like the Rock etc...

I would have been forced to pick the likes of Brutus the barber Beefcake, Texas Tornado and Greg the hammer Valentine as my knowledge ran out. 

Lee picked Texas Tornado (Kerry Von Erich).

8 hours ago, Dynamite said:

If we were allowed a second tag team, then I was going to take The New Age Outlaws. Road Dogg was, and still is, one of the best on the mic.

I was thinking yesterday, I can’t believe they’ve not been picked. I’d forgotten about them, I’d probably had picked if I had.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Bret Hart 'Montreal Screw-Job' one is unreal. Absolute bastards. 

Agree to a point. 

What they were legitimately concerned about what Brett doing what Alundra Blayze did a few years early and appear on WCW Nitro(who were killing WWF in the TV ratings and pushing them towards bankruptcy) and dropping the title in the bin. While I don't think Brett would have done it, it was a legit concern as he was due on WCW TV the night after survivor series. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Agree to a point. 

What they were legitimately concerned about what Brett doing what Alundra Blayze did a few years early and appear on WCW Nitro(who were killing WWF in the TV ratings and pushing them towards bankruptcy) and dropping the title in the bin. While I don't think Brett would have done it, it was a legit concern as he was due on WCW TV the night after survivor series. 

Yeah true mate but they shouldn't have fucked him over in the first place. McMahon was a brutal fucker. The footage of him leaving the locker room after Bret Hart banged him out is superb. 

The money was mad as well. I cant believe WCW could out-bid WWF in the 90's. Never would have thought that in a million years. 

I used to love watching the cruiserweights in WCW/NJPW back in the day. Vince has never liked them or truely given them backing for the division the roid headed loving bastard he is. Can't remember him ever giving a Japanese star a proper push, or giving them a non sneaky racist character. If he hadn't nearly done time as a roid peddler we would still be seeing the likes of The Warlord and other 6'5 meathead being pushed. The steroid scandal is the best thing that's happened to wrestling, that and the end of the Hardcore rubbish that was around 20 years ago. Even as someone not arsed by violence the barbed wire,thumb tacs, constant blood was a real turn off and ECW etc was worse

Tiger Mask

Dean Malenk

Tajiri

Billy Kidman

Juventud Guerrera

Psychos

Ultimo Dragon