You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Whatever happens I'm gutted that we aren't going to have the parade that in my opinion would not be bettered.

Last year's CL parade was something else, I took my ten year old out for the whole day, getting off at Lime Street, couple of pubs and down outside the Liver Buildings to watch the team pass by. Awesome day and he absolutely loved the whole thing but I said to him around Christmas time that this parade would blow last year out of the water. He was super excited to go again but that won't happen now, which is such a shame for us fans and especially for the players who perhaps thought last years was be as good as it got for parades.

• Upvote 1

The best thing FIFA could have done was say the next season will not start until this one is completed. This obsession with starting 'next' season is just going to make it harder and harder to finish the current one.

In my opinion, that obsession is destroying the sporting integrity of the game. It rewards failure. It protects those clubs who should have been relegated when they will not be. It punishes success. Clubs that should be crowned champions of their league will be denied. Yes, we stand to gain from that but it applies to every club in the top 4 English leagues who would have been champions or won promotion. And it repeats in every football league around the world.

Some legacy for 'sporting integrity' they have created, eh?

It is frankly beyond belief prematurely ending a season has been done by the Belgians, the Dutch and very likely the Scots. And why? Because they want to clear the decks for the next one, the next one that will likely begin and continue for months with no fans in the stadiums.

And why do people think if the players are not in the right state of mind to play in a restarted season, why would their state of mind suddenly be back to normal because the 'next' season had started more or less on time, with no fans in the stadium and, issues with the virus still present?

Sure, I want the current season to be finished and the end result of that will be seeing Liverpool crowned Champions of England once again. But I'd feel that way about the season finishing if it was any other club, yes, even the shite despite the absolute crap they have thrown at us.

If you want to flip flop because a club you dont like might win something, then the reality is you'd want an unspeakable disaster to hit them any other season to stop them. And I cannot subscribe to that thinking.

I think football will get a whole lot more tribal and distasteful if the season isnt completed.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

That's not far off the truth, to be fair.

Ken Barlow is boss, you bastard.

Just watched an old episode of Eastenders on the Drama Channel. Arthur told Pauline he was having an affair with Mrs. Hewitt, and Mark Fowler twatted some fat fella, Nick Cotton’s mate, with his crash helmet.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, aRdja said:

France are about to call it apparently.

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

It's been cancelled. No decision yet on title winners, relegation, etc. That'll be decided next month.

UEFA also 'demanding' to know, by 25 May, the PL's plans to restart the current season. So much for them saying they want leagues to finish the season. They fucking dont. All they're bothered about is their European club and international competitions.

I think we're on the road to being arse fucked sans lube. I suspect the best we can hope for is that the PL nominates us as Champions. We should serve directors of clubs like west ham, everton and united,cold fucking spew as their hospitality dishes after the fucking bullshit they come out. That fucking brady will be smiling her kite off at west ham escaping relegation by foul means.

The news that France is to end it's Ligue Un without kicking a ball will prove to be the moment the dam broke and washed away the last realistic chances of completing the season.

On a footballing level, one can only wonder what Jurgen and the boys who fought so hard this season can be thinking. Yes, I know they will say and mean there are more important things in life than football. But that kind of pales a bit when you realise, professionally, they will be told ' your season is being fucked off with no thought but we expect you to play Premier League games from August \ September at 100% as if there was no death going on all around you and in empty stadiums.'

Beyond belief, it really is.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There's just no way football begins again in June.

Can’t see it myself either .....No doubt if it gets voided then miraculously every cunt who wants this to happen will be crying for the new season to return to get back to normality .

Time to worry over the French league is if they don’t award PSG with the title ... 

MaaxiAngelo

Italian financial paper, Calcio e Finanza, reported in March how much leagues would lose from a cancelled season: -Premier League = €860m -

La Liga = €500-600m

-Serie A = €350-450m

-Bundesliga = €300-400m

-Ligue 1 = €100-200m Remember these figures before making conclusion

7 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

People on twatter saying it will be (the french League) decided on PPG points per game

Depends on whether that includes champions, or they instead go the cowardly Dutch tinpot route of awarding positions but not prizes / punishments.

I’ll be feeling better about our situation if PSG, with a 12 point lead, are declared champions. If there’s no title, I think even the biggest optimists among us are going to have to entertain the possibility that we won’t be champions.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

It is frankly beyond belief prematurely ending a season has been done by the Belgians, the Dutch and very likely the Scots. And why? Because they want to clear the decks for the next one, the next one that will likely begin and continue for months with no fans in the stadiums.

And why do people think if the players are not in the right state of mind to play in a restarted season, why would their state of mind suddenly be back to normal because the 'next' season had started more or less on time, with no fans in the stadium and, issues with the virus still present?

If you want to flip flop because a club you dont like might win something, then the reality is you'd want an unspeakable disaster to hit them any other season to stop them. And I cannot subscribe to that thinking.

I think football will get a whole lot more tribal and distasteful if the season isnt completed.

Similar sentiments from this Geordie 

https://mobile.twitter.com/da_judge/status/1255083053275324418

• Upvote 1

Fucking coventry fan celebrating the league will be ended and Liverpool miss out on the title. Fucking coventry? Their fucking club is going down the shitter quicker than you can say 'flush the turd' with their dispute with their stadium owners and all a fucking coventry fan can be arsed about is Liverpool missing out?