You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

van Dijk, Fabinho and Jones all cleared to play Boxing Day if selected by Liverpool after 10 day isolation cut to 7 days. Even is they tested positive on 18 December, their isolation would end on the 24th.

The question remains when exactly they tested and whether they have been using exercise machines to maintain a level of fitness. Think it more likely they would be available for the trip to leicester though.

I'd bite your hand off right now for just Fabinho, given how easy we were to play through on Sunday. 

13 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

van Dijk, Fabinho and Jones all cleared to play Boxing Day if selected by Liverpool after 10 day isolation cut to 7 days. Even is they tested positive on 18 December, their isolation would end on the 24th.

The question remains when exactly they tested and whether they have been using exercise machines to maintain a level of fitness. Think it more likely they would be available for the trip to leicester though.

They'll all still need negative tests though, it's not as simple as they just get out earlier. 

1 minute ago, aws said:

My bet is we play it in the mid-week after the second League Cup semi - just before AFCON finishes. 

Let's hope not eh. Though we should beat them whatever.

No doubt they'll have a fit squad to pick from. 

As harsh as this sounds arsenal and city benefitted by playing them at their weakest due to injuries. We haven't been on the good side of this yet. 

Apart from a bit more prep for Leicester 

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

Let's hope not eh. Though we should beat them whatever.

No doubt they'll have a fit squad to pick from. 

As harsh as this sounds arsenal and city benefitted by playing them at their weakest due to injuries. We haven't been on the good side of this yet. 

Apart from a bit more prep for Leicester 

Leicester will be sending their reserves to City. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They'll all still need negative tests though, it's not as simple as they just get out earlier. 

Tests can show positive up to a month, so i cant imagine thats the case. 

Here in the faroe islands you go into quarantine for 7 days if you test positive. You dont keep testing yourself after that. 

47 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Tests can show positive up to a month, so i cant imagine thats the case. 

Here in the faroe islands you go into quarantine for 7 days if you test positive. You dont keep testing yourself after that. 

That's literally the law! You can only reduce your 10 day isolation to 7 if you record 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. Otherwise you're on the 10 day rule. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's literally the law! You can only reduce your 10 day isolation to 7 if you record 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. Otherwise you're on the 10 day rule. 

Doesn't matter now Leeds is cancelled does it.

All ours will have been out for 10 days by Leicester I think

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Doesn't matter now Leeds is cancelled does it.

All ours will have been out for 10 days by Leicester I think

I'm not sure about thiago, I don't know when he went down. If he tested positive on the day of the spurs game, he won't be freed till 29th (same day as me!) if he doesn't get negative tests before. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So in the 10/11 day you dont take a new test right, your just clear?

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4555832/as-covid-19-causes-premier-league-chaosfocus-turns-to-convincing-vaccine-hesitant-players

Good read here about vaccinated/unvaccinated players and rules etc.

This part is really interesting:

Sources have told ESPN that those clubs that have successfully vaccinated all, or the vast majority, of their players are becoming increasingly angry with those teams with several unvaccinated players.

Here's why: If a club has four players test positive and have six unvaccinated players, they have 10 players ruled out because of COVID-19 and are almost certain to have their game postponed. But if a club with a 100% vaccination rate has four players test positive, none of their vaccinated teammates must isolate, so the game goes ahead. That's good in the sense that it avoids fixture congestion down the line, but not so good if those four players are your captain, best midfielder and two leading goal scorers.

As of now, those players are still paid by their clubs while unavailable because of not taking the vaccine. In Germany, Bayern Munich have announced wage cuts for unvaccinated players who cannot play, so that is an avenue that remains open to Premier League clubs, although sources have told ESPN there are no moves at this stage to consider wage cuts.

22 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Guardiola and Rangnick bleating on about 5 subs now. I remember a certain manager asking for this last year and basically being told to fuck off by the smaller clubs because it just benefits the big clubs. Let's see what happens this time eh.

I actually agree with the smaller clubs’ view on the five substitutes. Would also give Chelsea and Man City an advantage over us at the other end of the table.