You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Franks idea is a good one, scrap the weekend and put the players back in the type of bubble they were in back in April 2020. Clean slate for everyone but consequences beyond that, forfeit games if you can't field a team. There has to be a level playing field, that shite last season with Utd playing Tuesday/Thursday and trying to fuck us over can't be allowed again.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

So 3000 reds heading to the heart of the Omicron outbreak in London on Sunday, probably expect a big outbreak in Liverpool in the weeks that follow.

Still think it’s ludicrous of that Frank to be trying to make demands. If some teams have managed things properly and kept the virus at bay, why should they be inconvenienced? How does that help anyone?

And the shite heading there tonight. Even if the game is called off at this late stage, many will have already left and will probably make a night of it. 

The PL need to have someone independent at each club to observe that they are following the PL’s protocols around COVID. It’s far too easy for a club with a few injury issues to allow COVID in and get a game rearranged for when players are back from injury. We could easily take the piss in January when Mo and Sadio are away if we were that way inclined (had Mourinho managing us). 

58 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Leicester v Spurs off. Rodgers just said 9 covid and other injuries. WTF has 'other injuries' got to do with postponement?

Presumably newcastle are already in Liverpool so I guess the window for them to ask for a covid postponement has almost gone?

Didn't stop Watford getting their game at Burnley called off some 2 hours before kick off yesterday.

Chelsea can fuck off an all, loan players all over the shop and at least two players for every position.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Name the players at the clubs who have it and prove it to the Premier league. I bet united just want more training ground time with ralf the bellend. If united can have two games cancelled they can't be denying others the same grace if needed.

I bet it's a similar thing with Tottenham too. It's a huge advantage to somebody like Conte if we can have a couple of weeks with the players to drill them in his style of play and team shape. Meanwhile we're going to face them off the back of a game every 3 days. 

I'm expecting them to absolutely fly out of the traps in Sunday's game. 

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Maybe I have missed it as I'm not paying too much attention to other clubs but are we the only club to name the players that have tested positive? 

If clubs are having games postponed at the very least they should be naming which players they are. 

They are not allowed unless the players agree

6 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Maybe I have missed it as I'm not paying too much attention to other clubs but are we the only club to name the players that have tested positive? 

If clubs are having games postponed at the very least they should be naming which players they are. 

Chelsea have named theirs; Lukaku, Werner, Hudson-Odoi and Chilwell, and Havertz is suspected but not confirmed.