You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I thought the Covid checks at Anfield before the Villa game were as half-arsed as they've ever been: just a bunch of kids in pink hi-viz, standing around gabbing with each other and not checking anybody's pass.

Covid checks at Anfield? 

Where and when? Not seen anything of the sort at the games Ive been over for this season. 

31 minutes ago, Code said:

Covid checks at Anfield? 

Where and when? Not seen anything of the sort at the games Ive been over for this season. 

They have people hanging around outside the ground offering covid tests. They look like those ticket support blokes but with different coloured jackets and flags. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Code said:

Covid checks at Anfield? 

The club started informal checks about 4 or 5 weeks ago but didnt involve NHS Covid Passes.

Havent seen anything on the club site further about it. But, if they do have to run spot checks Thursday night, it will cause chaos getting into the game. I saw one club warn fans they might not get in until half time!

2 hours ago, Code said:

Covid checks at Anfield? 

The ones I see hang around the corner of Anfield Road and the Main Stand.  They wear pink hi-viz with something like "Covid steward" written on it.  They've been there every match for a little while now, but they don't actually do anything. Once I've been stopped with a cursory "have you been vaccinated or had a negative test? OK, on your way then."

• Like 1

Just looking on BBC website and it looks like there is going to be an on line form you need to fill in for sports events , good luck to the clubs administrating that, everyone has to have proof of vaccination or negative test, so I think its still random checking and anyone without proof will not be allowed in. Also face masks need to be worn on concourses etc.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

The club started informal checks about 4 or 5 weeks ago but didnt involve NHS Covid Passes.

Havent seen anything on the club site further about it. But, if they do have to run spot checks Thursday night, it will cause chaos getting into the game. I saw one club warn fans they might not get in until half time!

My latest game was Arsenal, I had to cancel Villa because of all the new rules. But I did not see anything at the Arsenal game.  I was in the Main Stand. 

18 minutes ago, Code said:

My latest game was Arsenal, I had to cancel Villa because of all the new rules. But I did not see anything at the Arsenal game.  I was in the Main Stand. 

The club sent an email to STH's saying they were introducing covid spot checks, I think it around the time of the Brighton game. They were only voluntary checks at the time but said they were doing them in case the UK Government decided to introduce passes in the future.

This link states the spot checks have been in since October although I must say, I never saw anything.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-update-proposed-plan-b

• Like 1

Club have sent an email out to ticket holders for every game so far this season entitled 

Important information for those attending

Liverpool FC v (whoever) at Anfield

in it the below sort of stuff has been included....

HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS:   

• Please wear a face covering in all indoor spaces unless exempt. This became mandatory as of Friday 10 December. Please make club stewards aware if you are exempt from wearing a face covering. Indoor spaces at Anfield include concourses, retail store and museum and tours.   
  • Prepare to show COVID CERTIFICATION.  Spot checks will be in place at Anfield for this game, in line with the latest Premier League match day protocols and with all other clubs across the league.  
  • All home and away supporters attending the game need to be prepared to present either proof of being double vaccinated with the NHS Covid Pass or a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours before KO. Children under the age of 18 are exempt from checks and will not be asked to participate.
  • TAKE A LATERAL FLOW TEST & GET VACCINATED: Liverpool City Council's Ground Safety Advisory Group and Public Health Department are strongly recommending supporters who are attending Anfield to take a lateral flow test 24-36 hours prior to kick off and / or to get vaccinated. Details of how to take a test here.
  • Lateral flow tests will be available to take on the day please visit the Liverpool City Council mobile testing pop up near the LFC Superstore which is open from 9am until KO.

Please DO NOT come to Anfield if:   

• You or any members of your household or support bubble currently have symptoms of COVID-19, or have had symptoms in the past 10 days.
  • You or any members of your household or support bubble have been contacted via the NHS track and trace app and have been told to self-isolate.
  • You have been in close contact with a person who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
  • You have not been double vaccinated or taken a lateral flow test which is negative within 48 hours of KO.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

Given fact it is now the law then i can't see any way they won't be doing checks.

Apparently they're following the lead from the old firm who've had the rules a while. They'll do spot checks till such time it becomes a problem getting everyone in. As someone else posted, some clubs have said they will be providing the ability to self certificate online, but nothing from LFC yet. It feels all a bit pointless to me. 

8 hours ago, Code said:

They have a couple of these fellas on ground level outside the mainstand, I see them walking from Anfield road to the kop each game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

someone told me earlier all the checks would be done away from the turnstiles and would be done by the fellas with the pink high viz jackets and flags. but there will be loads more of them than we have seen at earlier games. i guess we will see tomorrow providing there's not a late covid strike for us or newcastle. 

So Thomas Frank is trying to get all this weekends games called off. I have to say I would be surprised if the PL do it and I expect them to carry on trying to get games on where they can. They won't want to risk the issues with the TV stations again. And while the government allows people into the grounds, they won't want to risk gate revenues. When they made the call last time, I think they were expecting a couple of week black out, so after what happened, I doubt they'll want to move first this time.

It does raise some other questions about the fixture congestion though. The missed games are piling up. I wonder if they are already considering pushing the end of the season back a week or two to allow room for the games to be played, especially as the world cup isn't until December?

So 3000 reds heading to the heart of the Omicron outbreak in London on Sunday, probably expect a big outbreak in Liverpool in the weeks that follow.

Still think it’s ludicrous of that Frank to be trying to make demands. If some teams have managed things properly and kept the virus at bay, why should they be inconvenienced? How does that help anyone?

36 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It does raise some other questions about the fixture congestion though. The missed games are piling up. I wonder if they are already considering pushing the end of the season back a week or two to allow room for the games to be played, especially as the world cup isn't until December?

I can’t see them wanting to add games to the end of the season, it’s already a shorter summer because of the World Cup. I think the first games on next season are on the first weekend in August. The bigger clubs will all be wanting to fit in their lucrative tours to America, the Far East and Australia.

19 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

So 3000 reds heading to the heart of the Omicron outbreak in London on Sunday, probably expect a big outbreak in Liverpool in the weeks that follow.

Still think it’s ludicrous of that Frank to be trying to make demands. If some teams have managed things properly and kept the virus at bay, why should they be inconvenienced? How does that help anyone?

I'd be very interested in the differences between vaccination levels among players and the various precautions/mitigation measures used by clubs. 

There doesn't seem to be any issue at all with either ourselves or Newcastle tonight. 

35 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I can’t see them wanting to add games to the end of the season, it’s already a shorter summer because of the World Cup. I think the first games on next season are on the first weekend in August. The bigger clubs will all be wanting to fit in their lucrative tours to America, the Far East and Australia.

I thought as summers go it was a pretty long one despite the early start as there's no international football once the season ends or have they shoehorned more stupid internationals in?