You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

On 21/06/2020 at 13:11, Moo said:

I think from a public health point of view it won't get stopped, but what if multiple players or teams start testing positive? 

You mean West Ham players in a few weeks when they shit themselves? 

Novak Djokovic is the fourth player to have tested positive after hosting a tennis tournament.  Not sure what precautions were being taken but as it's a non-contact sport it's does raise some concerns. 

27 minutes ago, Moo said:

Novak Djokovic is the fourth player to have tested positive after hosting a tennis tournament.  Not sure what precautions were being taken but as it's a non-contact sport it's does raise some concerns. 

No precautions at all apparently. 

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Why was Kenny wearing a mask today? He's had the virus (symptomless) and recovered from it. He can't catch it or give it to anyone else. Strange one.

I'd rather he took every precaution to be honest. 

• Upvote 3

The asterisk makes zero difference to other fans absolutely none but they're desperate for it because they still can't admit that this Liverpool side are deserved champions. It's embarrassing for them it's embarrassing for the sport how unbelievably small time they all are. That British miserly mentality.

Asterisk or not it's number 19 so go suck a fuck.

• Upvote 2

The entirety of sport and business across the world was restarted with great risk to human life just because Liverpool wanted to win the league. What immense power and influence this club has, I can see it now in Germany "everything is irrelevant we must restart so Liverpool football club can win the league" I imagine it was the same for all world leaders especially with pressure from the football league's who exist specifically as a vehicle to promote LFC.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The entirety of sport and business across the world was restarted with great risk to human life just because Liverpool wanted to win the league. What immense power and influence this club has, I can see it now in Germany "everything is irrelevant we must restart so Liverpool football club can win the league" I imagine it was the same for all world leaders especially with pressure from the football league's who exist specifically as a vehicle to promote LFC.

Our Taoiseach (prime minister) here in Ireland said it in good address to the nation. 

And I quote 

"we are reopening Ireland for one thing and one thing only, so Liverpool football club can finally win the league after a 30 year wait. Null and voiders can suck my hairy balls" 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If we're so powerful, why haven't we won the league since 1990? Or is that all part of our giant plan?

18 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

If we're so powerful, why haven't we won the league since 1990? Or is that all part of our giant plan?

We did try to win it a few times before this season, but clearly falling at the last hurdle was also part of our giant plan. 
Clearly this season the message to fuck it all up toward the end hasn't been passed on to Jurgen, the coaching or playing staff.  

Looking forward to ripping the piss out of my red Manc supporting neighbours & friends. 

After the Derby a few opposition fans were beginning to entertain the notion that if Palace lived up to their bogey team credentials and City beat us at the Etihad, we might wobble and bottle it.

Last night was a message. It wasn’t just an emphatic win. We dominated Palace, hunted them all over the park for ninety minutes, and they never even got a kick in our penalty area. Last night we took that game and used it to crush any hopes others had that we’d fuck it up. And it was beautiful.

• Upvote 7