You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

I agree with the posts that Arsenal could beat Citeh and reasons why. 

I definitely think Arsenal will be more up for it that Citeh, it the CL goes down to 5th, there is an outside chance Arsenal could get it. 

I’d assume Citeh wouldn’t want us winning it against them either, even if a point for us in that game could be enough. 

Next weekend is gonna drag isn’t it? I wish we were first up, not last. Like the Norwich game in August. 

It’ll be like first games of the season when we’re Sunday at 4pm or international tournaments when England play last (for comedy value).

Although after 30 years, another 3 months hasn’t killed us, I’m still very impatient to get it over with. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Not content with taking the two best players in the world from them (Virgil and Sadio, just to head off any banter merchants), we could now be borrowing their ground to win the title. It’s like a footballing version of Single White Female. 

Dontrecollect seeing this in the Echo!

Liverpool FC this week delivered 25,000 protective face coverings to the Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group's (CCG) headquarters in Liverpool city centre.

The club's official charity, LFC Foundation, donated the masks to the Liverpool CCG - the organisation responsible for planning health services for the city. 

The Liverpool CCG will distribute the medically approved face coverings for free to local GPs initially and will identify further need in the health system to donate any remaining masks to. 

Matt Parish, director of LFC Foundation, said: “We are delighted to donate these important face coverings to the Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group, which we hope will make a difference locally.

“We, like so many, are so proud of the work that the NHS does for us all 365 days of the year and it’s important to us that we help wherever possible. 

“It was a pleasure to meet with some local GPs on Tuesday and I hope these masks will help to support their vital work.”

Jan Ledward, chief officer for NHS at Liverpool CCG, added: “On behalf of the Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group, I’d like to thank LFC Foundation for this generous donation, which will be used to protect local NHS staff and patients from COVID-19. 

“During these difficult times it’s more important than ever that local organisations and individuals come together to support their local community to make a real difference.” 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/community/398363-lfc-foundation-donates-25-000-face-masks-to-support-local-gps

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Dontrecollect seeing this in the Echo!

Liverpool FC this week delivered 25,000 protective face coverings to the Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group's (CCG) headquarters in Liverpool city centre.

The club's official charity, LFC Foundation, donated the masks to the Liverpool CCG - the organisation responsible for planning health services for the city. 

The Liverpool CCG will distribute the medically approved face coverings for free to local GPs initially and will identify further need in the health system to donate any remaining masks to. 

Matt Parish, director of LFC Foundation, said: “We are delighted to donate these important face coverings to the Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group, which we hope will make a difference locally.

“We, like so many, are so proud of the work that the NHS does for us all 365 days of the year and it’s important to us that we help wherever possible. 

“It was a pleasure to meet with some local GPs on Tuesday and I hope these masks will help to support their vital work.”

Jan Ledward, chief officer for NHS at Liverpool CCG, added: “On behalf of the Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group, I’d like to thank LFC Foundation for this generous donation, which will be used to protect local NHS staff and patients from COVID-19. 

“During these difficult times it’s more important than ever that local organisations and individuals come together to support their local community to make a real difference.” 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/community/398363-lfc-foundation-donates-25-000-face-masks-to-support-local-gps

Search under ' Pace masks '

Apparently Man Utd v Sheff Utd were considered for a neutral grounds because there were arrested 13 years ago and Man Citeh v Newcastle in case Newcastle fans are celebrating their take over. 

Ridiculous a decision hasn’t been taken on us yet. 

72A1FBB8-BDD6-47CC-959D-2CC249E90DC3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Apparently Man Utd v Sheff Utd were considered for a neutral grounds because there were arrested 13 years ago and Man Citeh v Newcastle in case Newcastle fans are celebrating their take over. 

Ridiculous a decision hasn’t been taken on us yet. 

72A1FBB8-BDD6-47CC-959D-2CC249E90DC3.jpeg

They'll wait and see if the league is still live at that point as obviously that could be the game then. If we've already won it, it'll be played there. I also think it'll be played there if the derby and palace game pass without dickheads hanging round outside the ground. I'm hoping the pubs might be open by the city game!

Norwich reveal one of their players has returned a positive covid 19 test and will miss their game against southampton on Friday night.

PL also announced another positive test out of 1200 in addition to the Norwich one but havent said which club and whether it was a player or staff member.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Norwich reveal one of their players has returned a positive covid 19 test and will miss their game against southampton on Friday night.

PL also announced another positive test out of 1200 in addition to the Norwich one but havent said which club and whether it was a player or staff member.

And that player played against spurs in their friendly couple of days back

2 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

And that player played against spurs in their friendly couple of days back

Yet another relegation threatened team ....
I thought players were meant to be isolated like in Germany and why are they even having a friendly against another PL club .?

I had one of those click bait articles on my phone today. It was essentially we all know the saying thè league doesn't lie and it's a load of bollocks but using the formula of expected chances created and conceded we have created the league table to reflect where teams actually deserve to be.... top City, Liverpool second.

So expecting to do better is more important than actually doing better. Somebody actually put time into that.

• Upvote 1

Thought this was pretty good....

@Goal

82 - Liverpool

81 - Now

80 - The

79 - Premier

78 - League

77 - Is

76 - Almost

75 - Back

74 - We

73 - Thought

72 - We

71 - Should

70 - Remind

69 - Everybody

68 - That

67 - Klopp

66 - And

65 - Co

64 - Are

63 - About

62 - To

61 - Take

60 - The

59 - Title

58 - From

57 - Man City.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I had one of those click bait articles on my phone today. It was essentially we all know the saying thè league doesn't lie and it's a load of bollocks but using the formula of expected chances created and conceded we have created the league table to reflect where teams actually deserve to be.... top City, Liverpool second.

So expecting to do better is more important than actually doing better. Somebody actually put time into that.

Wasn't the esk or catcherinthecunt was it! They have time on their hands and worry about us soooo much.

Italy announce 20/21 season to restart on 12th September. 

Champions League is still scheduled for 29th May and with the Euros scheduled for  11th June. The Euros won’t be moved again, so imagine the the CL Final is a hard stop. 

I’ve been thinking about this over the past few days. I’m struggling to see how it will all fit in.

12/9 to 29/5 is 38 weeks. They’ll want the the FA Cup Final on 22/5 so the league will have to finish 15/5. But that doesn’t take into account a winter break or 4 international breaks. The FA Cup takes up c. 4 match days, so that’s down to 27 weeks. 

Obviously that’s doable with mid-week fixtures but that doesn’t take into consideration the EFL Cup or European competitions. 

To me, it’d make sense that clubs who qualify for Europe don’t play in the EFL Cup, but would sponsors allow that?

The CL and UEFA Cup would make sense to go back to an old school knockout tournament for 1 season. Possibly just over 1 leg until the last 16. But again, would clubs or sponsors accept it? 

On the internationals, how many breaks is there going to be? UEFA need finish off the qualifying as not all countries have been decided. UEFA also have the Nations League to start again.

The AFCON has 4 rounds of games to finish before January if their tournament is to go ahead (which we all obviously hope it doesn’t!). 

I would say Holland, France and probably Germany could start on time, but if Lyon, PSG, Bayern and RBL are in the Lisbon CL, they can’t start during August either. 

As above, I have a few ideas but I’m glad I don’t have to work through it all, it seems a complete nightmare. All countries need to be more or less aligned this summer, but given the differences in schedules (ie we always start earlier, lengths of winter breaks, playing over Xmas etc) it seems incredibly difficult.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Italy announce 20/21 season to restart on 12th September. 

Champions League is still scheduled for 29th May and with the Euros scheduled for  11th June. The Euros won’t be moved again, so imagine the the CL Final is a hard stop. 

I’ve been thinking about this over the past few days. I’m struggling to see how it will all fit in.

12/9 to 29/5 is 38 weeks. They’ll want the the FA Cup Final on 22/5 so the league will have to finish 15/5. But that doesn’t take into account a winter break or 4 international breaks. The FA Cup takes up c. 4 match days, so that’s down to 27 weeks. 

Obviously that’s doable with mid-week fixtures but that doesn’t take into consideration the EFL Cup or European competitions. 

To me, it’d make sense that clubs who qualify for Europe don’t play in the EFL Cup, but would sponsors allow that?

The CL and UEFA Cup would make sense to go back to an old school knockout tournament for 1 season. Possibly just over 1 leg until the last 16. But again, would clubs or sponsors accept it? 

On the internationals, how many breaks is there going to be? UEFA need finish off the qualifying as not all countries have been decided. UEFA also have the Nations League to start again.

The AFCON has 4 rounds of games to finish before January if their tournament is to go ahead (which we all obviously hope it doesn’t!). 

I would say Holland, France and probably Germany could start on time, but if Lyon, PSG, Bayern and RBL are in the Lisbon CL, they can’t start during August either. 

As above, I have a few ideas but I’m glad I don’t have to work through it all, it seems a complete nightmare. All countries need to be more or less aligned this summer, but given the differences in schedules (ie we always start earlier, lengths of winter breaks, playing over Xmas etc) it seems incredibly difficult.

They could compress the CL like they're doing this season. I think the bigger issue is who's qualifying for it - they're talking about a start in October, but when will the July rounds happen? Personally I reckon they should just got right to the group stages basing qualifying results on coefficients and allow everyone else to play in a 3rd competition or sit the season out.