You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Interesting. 

Isn’t the issue with Woodison on whether it can be made “COVID19 friendly” rather than the possible congregation of supporters? 

Be hilarious if The Ev has to play all their games away from Woodison because it’s such a shit hole. 

650874C9-1602-4E01-9A23-8EF31A3C4687.png

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Should be a short meeting. 

"Far too early."

"Yeah, fuck that."

"Same time next week? Sharon, can you ring down for the lunch trolley please?"

Well, currently yeah. But give they are floating the idea of 20k being allowed into the FA Cup Final on 1st August and then the season starting again 12th September (rumoured), then I’d assume they need to start putting plans in place for a phased return. 

Who knows what it’ll look like in 2/3 months time?

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If Goodison can't host them they should play their home games at Anfield. I bet a lot of people don't know this but it is their original home and they very kindly gave it to us. 

That's the first time I've heard that, thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Interesting. 

Isn’t the issue with Woodison on whether it can be made “COVID19 friendly” rather than the possible congregation of supporters? 

Be hilarious if The Ev has to play all their games away from Woodison because it’s such a shit hole. 

650874C9-1602-4E01-9A23-8EF31A3C4687.png

Not content with taking the two best players in the world from them (Virgil and Sadio, just to head off any banter merchants), we could now be borrowing their ground to win the title. It’s like a footballing version of Single White Female. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If Goodison can't host them they should play their home games at Anfield. I bet a lot of people don't know this but it is their original home and they very kindly gave it to us. 

The ultimate humiliation for them.

Make them pay the due rent from 1892, adjust for inflation & make the vig part of the principle.

Probably could have afforded Werner after all.

Great news about the Derby although I'm certain Arsenal won't beat City. Good to see our remaining home games will also be at Anfield. I really want us to secure that 19 home wins accolade.

Only a week and a bit to wait now until the Derby, I wonder if our blue brethren will start frothing and getting their usual delusions of grandeur?

4 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Great news about the Derby although I'm certain Arsenal won't beat City. Good to see our remaining home games will also be at Anfield. I really want us to secure that 19 home wins accolade.

Only a week and a bit to wait now until the Derby, I wonder if our blue brethren will start frothing and getting their usual delusions of grandeur?

They just keep saying that winning a derby while there will be no fans there would be the most Everton thing ever.

Arsenal have got absolutely no chance of beating Man City but if they did there would be a lot of Evertonians driven to the edge at the thought of us winning the league at their place.

This is the fan base who go on about winning a league title at Anfield before we were formed as a stick to beat us with.

The bells in Everton's support were singing 'You lost the league at Goodison Park' last season, of course it wasn't true but as we all know when has the truth got in the way for them.

So if we could win it there, that would be great - 'We won the league at Goodison Park' would make a boss chant.

Now there is of course no fans i think there would be my preference to wind them up with for years. Anfield of course would have been top pick if fans in.

2 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

I'm fairly certain Arsenal WILL beat City. I reckon City will be shite when they come back as I reckon they'd have preferred the whole thing to be scrapped (or settled on PPG). They don't want to be here and I think it will show in their performances. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

I'm fairly certain Arsenal WILL beat City. I reckon City will be shite when they come back as I reckon they'd have preferred the whole thing to be scrapped (or settled on PPG). They don't want to be here and I think it will show in their performances. 

They have the equivalent of 9 third and fourth place play-off games. Their motivation has to be on the floor, Arsenal are shit though.

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yeah dead on. They just want to start over. And arteta won't do city any favours, he'll want to prove they were wrong not fighting for him. 

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

Agreed, but at least Arsenal will be motivated. And if anyone knows Guardiola's tactics and how to combat them, it's going to be Arteta.

Also add into the mix them putting all their eggs in the Champs League basket as well.

Another shout for Arsenal to beat City. Everyone will be rusty as fuck first game back, and for a team who play like City that’s more likely to affect them than most. Especially when they’re all tripping over Guardiola’s bottom lip.

Be just like it if we’re also rusty and don’t then beat Everton for the title at theirs, but being too upset about that would be like complaining Kate Upton had a few day old stubble in her armpits while fucking her.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Don't get me wrong I'd be ecstatic if they put in a half-arsed performance and set us up for beautiful scenes at The Pit. I just think Guardiola will be determined to get City back in some kind of groove before the CL resumes. They're still a formidable outfit and they won't want the points chasm between us to get any bigger.

I just don't back Arsenal to have the balls to put in a dominant display first game back as let's face it even a 60% City is battering Arsenal.

• Upvote 1