Quantcast
Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title - Page 188 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Baltar

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm guessing that Luke Shaw expected the vote on the resumption of the league to go the other way... 

EZX1GQRX0AcWELF.jpeg

Frank Lampard got slagged for being far slimmer than the average British male. This guy would be the beer bellied one in the group of six lads in Corfu who quietly nips out of the club and hits the kebab shops to score some grub when the rest of the lads are chatting up the hairdressers from Brummie. Fuck chatting up birds when you can smash some kebabs and garlic chips eh Lukey lad.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waddle always been a fucking hypocritical twat. Harps on about Brexit often enough. Pretty rich from a man that was happy to use his rights to travel and work to earn more playing for the match fixers in Marseille but like many of them fuckers he's made his money out of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha,woodison struggling to make the necessary requirements to stage games when the league resumes!

 

A number of Premier League clubs face a race against time to ensure their stadiums comply with new biosecure regulations being considered by top-flight officials.

Ahead of football's planned return on June 17, clubs will be presented with a framework for their grounds in an attempt to minimise the spread of Covid-19 among those inside.

Insiders say the proposals — yet to be presented — may cause substantial logistical issues for those with older or more compact homes. 

Grounds such as Goodison Park, Turf Moor, Vicarage Road and Selhurst Park could struggle to comply with the regulations and may need extensive work to ensure they meet the criteria.

The need for social distancing and ensuring areas are sterile will be at the forefront of the guidelines. And at certain grounds, teams may be asked to enter the field of play separately to minimise risk. 

And while there is a confidence that those affected will be able to make the necessary amendments, the issue presents another barrier to overcome before matches can be held at their original venues.

The Premier League declined to comment. But it is understood that following on from the early apparent success of new measures surrounding training grounds, similar protocols will be introduced in stadiums. 

On Saturday, the top flight reported their latest test figures with zero positives. And they are understandably keen to try to minimise risk at stadiums.

'It's a set of measures that will form a biosecurity criteria,' a source explained. 'It is still being worked on but a lot of it will be similar to what has happened at the training grounds.

'That said, some of those with older and tighter stadiums may have their work cut out.

'The last thing the Premier League want is for football to return and for the grounds not to be as secure as the training grounds — and that is what this is all about.

'It may end up costing clubs quite a bit of money to ensure they comply, but it will happen.'

A key area surrounds the layout of dressing rooms, and clubs with older stadiums will face a complex challenge. Players are being told to shower when returning home from training. A solution to how this will work after games will have to be found.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8374677/Race-against-time-Premier-League-clubs-grounds-ready-return-action.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm guessing that Luke Shaw expected the vote on the resumption of the league to go the other way... 

EZX1GQRX0AcWELF.jpeg

 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:


0_Matt-Lucas-as-Daffyd.jpg

The only gravy in the village.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to Shaw. Not only does he appear to have ignored his personal training regime and engaged in perma-snacking during lockdown, but he’s shamelessly displayed it in the tightest fitting vest he could find.

 

That’s one way of keeping yourself out of the team. Deeney et al take note.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Because NB will probably be looking for a last minute shirt sales or just some legal agreement the parties came to regarding when Nike's deal actually now kicks in?

They were on 70% off the other day, they'll be giving them away next. I don't know the T&C's of the contract, but you have to assume NB's position isn't strong once their contract expires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

They were on 70% off the other day, they'll be giving them away next. I don't know the T&C's of the contract, but you have to assume NB's position isn't strong once their contract expires. 

Online club shop is selling home shirts for £40 (adults) and £35 (kids).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Online club shop is selling home shirts for £40 (adults) and £35 (kids).

I got a 70% off email on all new balance stuff last week with free global delivery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

They were on 70% off the other day, they'll be giving them away next. I don't know the T&C's of the contract, but you have to assume NB's position isn't strong once their contract expires. 

Yes but that's what the club is selling them for as an end of line. NB will still be getting near as damn their mark up.

 

I dont know the contract terms or agreement between the 3 parties either but seeing as they have all come to one, Im just summising Nike have agreed not to officially release and put on sale our's \ their new shirt until the season is completed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha,woodison struggling to make the necessary requirements to stage games when the league resumes!

 

A number of Premier League clubs face a race against time to ensure their stadiums comply with new biosecure regulations being considered by top-flight officials.

Ahead of football's planned return on June 17, clubs will be presented with a framework for their grounds in an attempt to minimise the spread of Covid-19 among those inside.

Insiders say the proposals — yet to be presented — may cause substantial logistical issues for those with older or more compact homes. 

Grounds such as Goodison Park, Turf Moor, Vicarage Road and Selhurst Park could struggle to comply with the regulations and may need extensive work to ensure they meet the criteria.

The need for social distancing and ensuring areas are sterile will be at the forefront of the guidelines. And at certain grounds, teams may be asked to enter the field of play separately to minimise risk. 

And while there is a confidence that those affected will be able to make the necessary amendments, the issue presents another barrier to overcome before matches can be held at their original venues.

The Premier League declined to comment. But it is understood that following on from the early apparent success of new measures surrounding training grounds, similar protocols will be introduced in stadiums. 

On Saturday, the top flight reported their latest test figures with zero positives. And they are understandably keen to try to minimise risk at stadiums.

'It's a set of measures that will form a biosecurity criteria,' a source explained. 'It is still being worked on but a lot of it will be similar to what has happened at the training grounds.

'That said, some of those with older and tighter stadiums may have their work cut out.

'The last thing the Premier League want is for football to return and for the grounds not to be as secure as the training grounds — and that is what this is all about.

'It may end up costing clubs quite a bit of money to ensure they comply, but it will happen.'

A key area surrounds the layout of dressing rooms, and clubs with older stadiums will face a complex challenge. Players are being told to shower when returning home from training. A solution to how this will work after games will have to be found.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8374677/Race-against-time-Premier-League-clubs-grounds-ready-return-action.html

 

Another first.

 

First top flight club to have its stadium fail a stadium health and safety test for resumption of closed doors events during a pandemic...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes but that's what the club is selling them for as an end of line. NB will still be getting near as damn their mark up.

 

I dont know the contract terms or agreement between the 3 parties either but seeing as they have all come to one, Im just summising Nike have agreed not to officially release and put on sale our's \ their new shirt until the season is completed.

 

I'm sure NB are doing fine. Just a 70% off sale doesn't feel like they won't be selling Nike for 2 months. I'll be shocked if the Nike kits aren't on sale this time next month or earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm sure NB are doing fine. Just a 70% off sale doesn't feel like they won't be selling Nike for 2 months. I'll be shocked if the Nike kits aren't on sale this time next month or earlier. 


NB to 31/7, Nike from 1/8. Just seen it in the Echo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


NB to 31/7, Nike from 1/8. Just seen it in the Echo. 

I'm surprised by that. Nike must have manufacturing issues with the lockdown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


NB to 31/7, Nike from 1/8. Just seen it in the Echo. 

 

39 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm surprised by that. Nike must have manufacturing issues with the lockdown!

Ha! Gorsty and the Echo must have been reading this thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×