Baltar

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Without trying to cloud the conversation, there are only a few countries who are bringing up BAME as a discriminator (again, no pun intended).

The folks who are dying in China and the numbers in Brazil have one thing in common. They are dead.

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@TK421 I think you have given it a great deal of thought.

I haven't, I just think there's a duty on behalf of authorities generally to establish the cause.  Then people can make a more informed decision.  

Just now, TK421 said:

I haven't, I just think there's a duty on behalf of authorities generally to establish the cause.  Then people can make a more informed decision.  

I will give you the credit pal - you have.

Not sure if you saw my last post but which authorities? 

China is probably well aware that near their entire population is BAME. As is Brazil, and India, and Sudan.

Quantifiable medical grounds ≠ abstract hypothetical grounds.

Kante is cited as not partaking due to a documented, pre-existing heart condition that may be exacerbated by a respiratory illness such as covid. He has fainted at least once while playing & his brother has died of a heart-attack. I have seen no mention of his decision being linked to increased BAME risk. If club or players or any medically-associated individual have officially spoken contrarily, please link.

Danny Rose, whose comments TK421 found no fault in, has stated he would not like to practise his profession because he feels like a "lab rat". A lab rat, in this case, is one performing their job in an extremely controlled and medically-cleared environment. Personally, and it seems many others agree, I find those comments extremely disdainful to the millions of individuals who do not have the luxury of being "lab rats" in controlled environments as well as his colleagues who may be grateul for the extra layers of protection. They speak very little to Danny Rose's self-awareness. I do however respect Danny Rose's prerogative of choice, just as I would respect his employer's choice not to pay him if he has refused to return to work when he has been medically cleared to do so.

Danny Rose and N'golo Kante are both black, but the situations are very different and not bound by being black. TK421 is essentially stirring up racial tension to facilitate his own dogmatic view points, as established by a frenzy of thousands of forum posts over weeks-long timespan. Any speck of justification for his own entrenched views would be clung to, and personally I find it a little bit sick that the white/BAME divide would now be brought into this miserable game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Imagine the scenes on here if someone found a picture of Danny Rose outside during lockdown without a mask on. 

I think TK would malfunction. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I will give you the credit pal - you have.

Not sure if you saw my last post but which authorities? 

China is probably well aware that near their entire population is BAME. As is Brazil, and India, and Sudan.

Authorities in general. Government, local government, research institutions - whoever has the financial clout.  There needs to be the political will first, though. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Imagine the scenes of someone found a picture of Danny Rose outside during lockdown without a mask on. 

It wouldn't differentiate him from 90+% of the population. They need to be made compulsory. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Quantifiable medical grounds ≠ abstract hypothetical grounds.

Kante is cited as not partaking due to a documented, pre-existing heart condition that may be exacerbated by a respiratory illness such as covid. He has fainted at least once while playing & his brother has died of a heart-attack. I have seen no mention of his decision being linked to increased BAME risk. If club or players or any medically-associated individual have officially spoken contrarily, please link.

Danny Rose, whose comments TK421 found no fault in, has stated he would not like to practise his profession because he feels like a "lab rat". A lab rat, in this case, is one performing their job in an extremely controlled and medically-cleared environment. Personally, and it seems many others agree, I find those comments extremely disdainful to the millions of individuals who do not have the luxury of being "lab rats" in controlled environments as well as his colleagues who may be grateul for the extra layers of protection. They speak very little to Danny Rose's self-awareness. I do however respect Danny Rose's prerogative of choice, just as I would respect his employer's choice not to pay him if he has refused to return to work when he has been medically cleared to do so.

Danny Rose and N'golo Kante are both black, but the situations are very different and not bound by being black. TK421 is essentially stirring up racial tension to facilitate his own dogmatic view points, as established by a frenzy of thousands of forum posts over weeks-long timespan. Any speck of justification for his own entrenched views would be clung to, and personally I find it a little bit sick that the white/BAME divide would now be brought into this miserable game.

This is unmitigated garbage and not worthy of a detailed reply. 

7 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Authorities in general. Government, local government, research institutions - whoever has the financial clout.  There needs to be the political will first, though. 

China should look how white folks are being effected by Covid?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

China should look how white folks are being effected by Covid?

I don't have the answer to every question, Howie.  I've tried to be courteous and answer as many as possible but there comes a point where it gets old. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I don't have the answer to every question, Howie.  I've tried to be courteous and answer as many as possible but there comes a point where it gets old. 

Thank you for your patience - the question is whether there is a cross-ethnic genetic vulnerability to this virus.

My guess is no.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

It kills twice as many as their non-BAME counterparts.  This is well established in the UK.  It's not a point of dispute. 

Has it been confirmed that the reason for this is solely because they are BAME as opposed to the living conditions/jobs they have?

If this was the case wouldn't the poverty stricken parts of Asia and Africa have a significantly higher death toll?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If this was the case wouldn't the poverty stricken parts of Asia and Africa have a significantly higher death toll?

No. If it was the case that it was genetic the entire population would suffer equally. 

There is no question that persons in certain economic classes are affected differently.

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Has it been confirmed that the reason for this is solely because they are BAME as opposed to the living conditions/jobs they have?

First question - as far as I'm aware, the cause hasn't been established but the data indicates a higher risk for BAME people.

Second question - don't know.

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Spot on. I'm sure TK421 has no agenda regarding the BAME thing but proper context isn't being provided. I am black myself, so I feel the need to provide insight regarding the issue.

In America and the UK, people of color are only at a higher risk based on bad living conditions due to poverty and/or type of jobs they have to do. When it is cited that people of color are at higher risk of death from covid, some people like Deeney are ignoring or unaware of the nuance involve. That specific situation is very community dependent. 

So for example, a rich black man in his 30s like Deeney, is at a far lower risk of dying than a black man in the same age range who lives in the ghetto with poor living conditions, who has to take public transport to work in a Tesco where he would be exposed to even more people. Hope this post helps regarding the issue.

• Upvote 7

Do note that, I am not disputing Deeney's right to protect his infant son from infection.

I am just addressing the BAME portion of his argument. And I think if that part was explained to BAME football players, they would understand it better.

• Upvote 1

The point that seems to be getting missed, is Deeney and Kante etc have valid reasons.......but can someone tell me how the threat/danger will differ in 6 months to a year or 5 years without a vaccine?

The stance they have taken, however justified (not arguing that) is 100% vaccine dependent to resume their careers? Coronovirus, however limited the spread, is surely now here to stay?     

Everyone who pursues any career can, and should, weigh the pros/cons. No one in is forced to do anything - although some may be closer to it at this point,  but the furthest away would be top flight footballers.