You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

38 minutes ago, TK421 said:

What a cunt!  He should give up all his wages because someone else is working to make sure he has bog roll.

Oh come on, you're better than that. You know the difference, don't sound like a big baby like Danny rose. 

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No problem with Kante - he wasn't in the papers in the build up and returned to train. The club made the announcement.

Do wonder if they will pay him though.

Spot on. Exactly how it should be handled. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

It's almost like there's some middle ground and it's not an either/or situation.  

Any of the with medical problems affecting themselves or their family, fine. They are in a position where  they can afford it, unlike the rest of us. 
We all know what the game is with most of them, don’t we. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

Oh come on, you're better than that. You know the difference, don't sound like a big baby like Danny rose. 

Spot on. Exactly how it should be handled. 

It was Alex K who said they either play or forego their wages. Looks like no money for N'Golo. 

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Any of the with medical problems affecting themselves or their family, fine. They are in a position where  they can afford it, unlike the rest of us. 
We all know what the game is with most of them, don’t we. 

So unless you have a "medical problem" (how is this defined?) then you're not allowed to raise legitimate concerns?  Nah, not for me. 

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It kills twice as many as their non-BAME counterparts.  This is well established in the UK.  It's not a point of dispute. 

I am not disputing that - and commented on it already.

Either you believe that somehow all non-white ethnicities (BAME) share a common genetic trait (that white folks do not have) or there are other contributing factors that players at an elite level do not have to worry about.

There are a shedload of hispanic players in the league.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Either you believe that somehow all non-white ethnicities (BAME) share a common genetic trait (that white folks do not have) or there are other contributing factors that players at an elite level do not have to worry about.

There are a shedload of hispanic players in the league.

I don't think it's as cut and dried as that.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They are. Do you think any player refusing to play without any legitimate reason should be paid. We all worry about it. 

Well, define "legitimate reason".  Because for me, being BAME would be a legitimate reason due to the higher death toll. 

I think it's more complex than saying "play or no pay". 

Just now, TK421 said:

Well, define "legitimate reason".  Because for me, being BAME would be a legitimate reason due to the higher death toll. 

I think it's more complex than saying "play or no pay". 

BAME players refuse to play because of them statistics. Do they get paid?

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

BAME players refuse to play because of them statistics. Do they get paid?

That's not up to me. But given the comments of the Fifpro union guy, I don't think it would be wise for clubs to withhold payment until a resolution is found to the mutual satisfaction of the club and player. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Might be genetic, might not be.  The cause is not known, as far as I'm aware, so I imagine more research would be required before any assurances can be given.  I don't see an easy solution. 

Do you feel that same employee "protection" - given the acknowledged gray area should extend to the entire workforce?

Also as a male do you feel extra protection - read benefits -  should extend to you (and me).

Just now, TK421 said:

That's not up to me. But given the comments of the Fifpro union guy, I don't think it would be wise for clubs to withhold payment until a resolution is found to the mutual satisfaction of the club and player. 

Would that happen across other jobs. Nurses for instance, at far greater risk than footballers. There must be some refusing to work, my next door neighbour is a ward sister in a maternity hospital, she has an immune disease so cannot work. She is on half pay. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you feel that same employee "protection" - given the acknowledged gray area should extend to the entire workforce?

Also as a male do you feel extra protection - read benefits -  should extend to you (and me).

I haven't given it any thought and don't intend to.  But I do think the government has a duty to establish the cause of the problem. 

Similarly, I think the government has a duty to establish why more men die.

More data + more knowledge = better decisions

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Would that happen across other jobs. Nurses for instance, at far greater risk than footballers. There must be some refusing to work, my next door neighbour is a ward sister in a maternity hospital, she has an immune disease so cannot work. She is on half pay. 

As I say, I believe there is a duty to establish the cause and then proceed from there.