You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Should point out that Southend On Sea posted a video on Twitter where they walked through the beach and most groups were two meters apart. Even so, that many people in that space is probably not a good idea, and I understand the two meters went out the window when queuing for ice creams and for chips.

A spokesman for chippy tits said

11 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Wonder if it gets to the point of extending someone like  Lalanna for another year.

Not for us I don't think, as we've players like Jones, gruic and maybe even Wilson to fill the gap lallana would leave - and previously the club would have been expecting decent money for the latter 2, that's not happening now. Nobody else significant runs out of contract this summer do they? 

Guest Alex_K
17 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Wonder if it gets to the point of extending someone like  Lalanna for another year.

Lallana will be stuck letting people stroke his Nivea-soft skin for a shilling. God help any club who commits to taking on that hospital-case in this climate.

4 hours ago, Dave D said:

With empty stadiums a possibility for next season I can see wages being re-negotiated

No doubt about it. Next season will be behind closed doors and I don’t see people subscribing to Sky etc to watch that shite, I know I won’t. Add to that the loss of match day revenue and likely advertising as interest falls away and football will be skint. I just want to see us win the title, once that’s done football can fuck off as far as I’m concerned, won’t miss it one jot.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

9NSDztxu_reasonably_small.jpg

Interesting line from Bundesliga CEO Christian Seifert in tomorrow's
@SZ
. "If you look at England or the German third division, you get the sense that clubs suddenly detect moral concerns [about continuing the season], depending on their position in the table.

Aint this the truth?!

Well, I don't know about the British public and the return of football, but that Inside Training video lifted my morale right up

I still don't get footballers who would rather look for reasons to give up on life than get back together with their mates lake that.

How is this not better than sitting at home poisoning yourself with news, fear and negativity round the clock?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

9NSDztxu_reasonably_small.jpg

Interesting line from Bundesliga CEO Christian Seifert in tomorrow's
@SZ
. "If you look at England or the German third division, you get the sense that clubs suddenly detect moral concerns [about continuing the season], depending on their position in the table.

Corona most at risk

1 NHS front line staff

2 Over 75's with underlying conditions

3 Relegation threatened football players

• Upvote 7

Anybody know when the next Premiership Shareholders meeting is?

Obviously all restart plans were meant to be with UEFA on Monday, although I see they’ve granted some leagues extensions on that. 

Either way, we shirley must be close to a restart date being officially announced. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Anybody know when the next Premiership Shareholders meeting is?

Obviously all restart plans were meant to be with UEFA on Monday, although I see they’ve granted some leagues extensions on that. 

Either way, we shirley must be close to a restart date being officially announced. 

I think it is Monday. Oh and don't call me Shirley

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Good article by Carra. I completely agree. 

I don't know why I even bothered having a look at the replies. 

One fella even suggesting that he is only suggesting that to give Liverpool a longer rest because we are out of the cup. Genuine head the balls. 

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

One fella even suggesting that he is only suggesting that to give Liverpool a longer rest because we are out of the cup. Genuine head the balls. 

It'd also benefit Man City & Leicester in their attempts to claw back those 25 points...

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Maybe the cunt's going to Wuhan in city's 3rd shirt like that fucking biff gallagher suggested?

37 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has a known genetic heart condition - fainted at training while with Chelsea. His younger brother died of a heart attack last year as well.

Fair enough. Anyone who's not comfortable shouldn't play

50 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has a known genetic heart condition - fainted at training while with Chelsea. His younger brother died of a heart attack last year as well.

What a cunt!  He should give up all his wages because someone else is working to make sure he has bog roll.