Jump to content
Baltar

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

You could finish the season with PPG and exclude us from that and award us no more points and we'd still win the league by about 5 points. 

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Was it an antibody test on if covid was in their system at some date previously, or a test to see if they actively have it now? Pretty remarkable it was so low to be honest - esp. if antibody test. Wonder what that says about how many of wider population have had it 

I believe this was just to test if you have it now. 

 

I'm genuinely shocked how high that number is. On the daily stats don't we generally see about 2000 per day at the moment... Out of a testing of a supposed 100k (although I realise this is normally less). Even so, let's say that's 3%, but surely that's a slightly loaded deck as the tests are often on people who are presenting with symptoms. One would hope all of the footballers are asymptomatic as they shouldn't be going to work if they're not. So 0.8% of an asymptomatic sample group? Makes you wonder how many of us have had this already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, seems like alot - especially because these lads have supposedly been under strict quarantine.

 

I am very surprised teams have not been testing all along - or certainly in the last few weeks when they knew a restart was likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a few of them have been caught partying/shagging/potentially raping. I'm sure many more have flaunted it. All that money etc and you reckon they've stayed home, learnt a language and painted the landing? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a lot? If vast majority of cases are asymptomatic / produce mild symptoms + covid is highly contagious, then theoretically there are super-spreaders all over the place completely oblivious to it. Going out to the shops, petrol stations etc could easily result in having it. They’ve been in quarantine but hardly isolated confinement in a prison. There’s probably a lot of essential workers who have it and have no idea. If there’s really only a tiny fraction of people who have had it so far, then post-lockdown will be a a bit of a shit show. I’d be amazed for example if it wasn’t being spread when we played Atletico

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I believe this was just to test if you have it now. 

 

I'm genuinely shocked how high that number is. On the daily stats don't we generally see about 2000 per day at the moment... Out of a testing of a supposed 100k (although I realise this is normally less). Even so, let's say that's 3%, but surely that's a slightly loaded deck as the tests are often on people who are presenting with symptoms. One would hope all of the footballers are asymptomatic as they shouldn't be going to work if they're not. So 0.8% of an asymptomatic sample group? Makes you wonder how many of us have had this already. 

I was saying this a few weeks back that this is an opportunity to test a decent amount of asymptotic people (3500 if you include the family members) over a relatively long period of time and get some answers from it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Kyle Walker didn't really understand the 'Clap for NHS' initiative.

Nice one!

 

On a separate note, has bluemoon locked their liverpool thread? I occasionally go on there for my fix of wisdom and footballing knowledge from the lovable scamps that they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Nice one!

 

On a separate note, has bluemoon locked their liverpool thread? I occasionally go on there for my fix of wisdom and footballing knowledge from the lovable scamps that they are.

No clue mate, I just see the highlights posted on here. Same with GOT, it's just best not to subject yourself to the bile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Is it a lot? If vast majority of cases are asymptomatic / produce mild symptoms + covid is highly contagious, then theoretically there are super-spreaders all over the place completely oblivious to it. Going out to the shops, petrol stations etc could easily result in having it. They’ve been in quarantine but hardly isolated confinement in a prison. There’s probably a lot of essential workers who have it and have no idea. If there’s really only a tiny fraction of people who have had it so far, then post-lockdown will be a a bit of a shit show. I’d be amazed for example if it wasn’t being spread when we played Atletico

Yep. I dont think 6 from 478 is high at all. That's only 0.8%. Lower than the figures Bundesliga had when testing was done at same stage, apparently. 

 

First round of testing was always going to produce a few positive results. Actually thought it would be in double figures. Players being in lockdown doesnt mean they couldnt have picked the virus from family members, or other forms of shenanigans as seen in the past couple months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Is it a lot? If vast majority of cases are asymptomatic / produce mild symptoms + covid is highly contagious, then theoretically there are super-spreaders all over the place completely oblivious to it. Going out to the shops, petrol stations etc could easily result in having it. They’ve been in quarantine but hardly isolated confinement in a prison. There’s probably a lot of essential workers who have it and have no idea. If there’s really only a tiny fraction of people who have had it so far, then post-lockdown will be a a bit of a shit show. I’d be amazed for example if it wasn’t being spread when we played Atletico

I think a lot of people will either have had it, mildly or be asymptomatic. My mate went to the US in December and he said his wife had a bad flu \ asthma spell for a week or so. Ive had people sat next to me in the ground from Iceland, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland certainly from November. Ive celebrated goals with them and shook hands etc. I could have had it or just be asymptomatic, Ive no idea.

 

As this about it was loose around the World before Wuhan might very well be true, Ive no idea. Who does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Agreed, seems like alot - especially because these lads have supposedly been under strict quarantine.

 

I am very surprised teams have not been testing all along - or certainly in the last few weeks when they knew a restart was likely.

Well clearly they have to some extent as there were players being tested around the time it shutdown and Brighton leaked about some of their players last week. 

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Is it a lot? If vast majority of cases are asymptomatic / produce mild symptoms + covid is highly contagious, then theoretically there are super-spreaders all over the place completely oblivious to it. Going out to the shops, petrol stations etc could easily result in having it. They’ve been in quarantine but hardly isolated confinement in a prison. There’s probably a lot of essential workers who have it and have no idea. If there’s really only a tiny fraction of people who have had it so far, then post-lockdown will be a a bit of a shit show. I’d be amazed for example if it wasn’t being spread when we played Atletico

 

50 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Yep. I dont think 6 from 478 is high at all. That's only 0.8%. Lower than the figures Bundesliga had when testing was done at same stage, apparently. 

 

First round of testing was always going to produce a few positive results. Actually thought it would be in double figures. Players being in lockdown doesnt mean they couldnt have picked the virus from family members, or other forms of shenanigans as seen in the past couple months.

0.8% on a moment in time test on asymptomatic people? This is not about any forms of shenanigans over a couple of months, because it wasn't antibody tests checking if people have had it and recovered. This is people who have the virus now. Anyone who's had it and recovered over the last 2/3 months wouldn't be picked up. I think considering the lockdown we're all supposed to be under, I find it a really high number - there could be 10-20% who've had it if these numbers were representative across the wider community. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Burnley announce assistant manager Woan is one of the 6 staff \ players tested positive. He's asymptomatic.

 

RIP YNWA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 20:16, Moo said:

"Just" organise a socially distanced gathering of some sort, tickets only.  People are still using mass transit, by then they want schools back, restaurants will probably be open with special rules, people in their thousands are going to parks and beauty spots, so why not?  Organise it properly, a policed cordon around the ground to a certain radius, with ticket holders allowed in Stanley Park at a safe distance. Better than leaving it to chance. 

It's one afternoon for a few hours, it can be done if the will (and the title) is there. 

We don't want another Millennium barn dance at the Yeovil aquadrome which descended into all night rave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, No2 said:

Watford account for half the positive tests. Now there is a surprise.

Its really bad here so wouldn't be shocking numbers really. Considering alot of the players live in Hertfordshire and North London. Be interesting to see the numbers from Spurs and Arsenal as players tend to live in similar area. If they are all clear you habe to wonder if Watford are trying it on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Its really bad here so wouldn't be shocking numbers really. Considering alot of the players live in Hertfordshire and North London. Be interesting to see the numbers from Spurs and Arsenal as players tend to live in similar area. If they are all clear you habe to wonder if Watford are trying it on. 

There are six positive and we know Watford and Burnley account for 4 of them. The team shouting loudest having 50% of the positive results isn't a great look.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Its really bad here so wouldn't be shocking numbers really. Considering alot of the players live in Hertfordshire and North London. Be interesting to see the numbers from Spurs and Arsenal as players tend to live in similar area. If they are all clear you habe to wonder if Watford are trying it on. 

Re: Arse and Spuds - I think they are included in this testing - it was only Burnley that was not.

 

Arsenal has players/Arteta already have had it - they must have been testing along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Its really bad here so wouldn't be shocking numbers really. Considering alot of the players live in Hertfordshire and North London. Be interesting to see the numbers from Spurs and Arsenal as players tend to live in similar area. If they are all clear you habe to wonder if Watford are trying it on. 

There's only 1 PL club that didnt take part in those testing results. These are results for 19 of the 20 clubs It;s possible Spurs or arsenal are the other club but not for both of them to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×